INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.83 -- Available Here  (Read 5532 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
JRiver Media Center 17.0.83 -- Available Here
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:32 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Please DOWNLOAD from the thread at the top of this board.

17.0.83 (2/6/2012)

1. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
2. Changed: ID3v2 tag reading doesn't treat / as a delimiter in ID3v2.3, but instead uses NULL as the delimiter for reading and writing in ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4.
3. Changed: Room Correction can be used on the first 8 channels when outputting more than 8 channels of audio.
4. Changed: Internal volume is applied before DSP instead of last, so that limiting and clip protection are never applied unless actually required by the hardware.
5. Changed: Tuned the logarithmic scale used by internal volume (so 50% is -13.8dB instead of -10.2dB).
6. Changed: When building a filename from file information, only the primary / first artist or genre will be used from a list.
7. Fixed: Albums with lists of artist values could use the list instead of the primary artist for the 'Album Artist (auto)' field.
8. Changed: Updated the copyrights on the splash and about images to 2012.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
10. Fixed: Theater View News and Weather would not appear when running in a language other than English.
11. Fixed: Downloading of video podcasts could report an error when moving the sidecar image file.
12. Fixed: Playback of AAC streaming radio could fail (or be very slow) to start.
13. Changed: Opened up the fields Author, Actors, Director, Editor, Episode, Series, and Series Description for use with audio (useful for audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.)
14. Changed: Opened up the field Editor, Series, Series Description, and Track # for use with images.
15. Changed: Opened up the field Track # for use with videos.
16. Changed: Using the search arrow in the Artist column on a file with a list of artists will search on the first artist instead of the combination of all the artists.
17. Changed: To search a view with the wizard, use Ctrl+Shift+F.  Ctrl+W / Ctrl+Q no longer do anything in the search box (since Ctrl+Q is a standard shortcut for closing a tab / program).
18. Fixed: When playing YouTube from Theater View, the playback bandwidth setting from Options > Services > YouTube was not being honored.
19. Changed: When a web media resource can not be played, it will show a playback error instead of showing an empty browser window.
20. Fixed: The finish in the installer would hang for 15 extra seconds when performing an automatic update from Update Channels.
21. Fixed: In some cases when the 'No subtitles' item was active, the OSD would not work for changing subtitles.
22. Fixed: If DLNA eventing was not working, the player could stick at a 'Waiting...' state.
23. NEW: Convolution automatically adjusts for filter latency for cases where a delay is baked into the filter files (still preserves intentional timing differences between channels).

17.0.82 (2/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when deleting items.
2. Faster: Improved Theater View's UI update system (when playback advances, etc.) so that fewer updates happen and updates look smoother when they do happen.
3. Fixed: Searching in Theater View could crash with build 80 or 81.
4. Fixed: Hulu AdZone clips would not play properly.
5. Faster: Improved performance of DSD reading and decoding.
6. Fixed: Incorrect message displayed in 'Edit Cd Information' dialog.
7. Fixed: The uninstaller could error when finishing.
8. NEW: The search language supports putting a hat in front of a keyword to do word matching (so ^car matches "Car Blues" or "My Car Broke" but not "Carolina on My Mind").
9. Changed: Hat is an escaped character in the search language, so you must use /^ to search for a literal hat.

17.0.81 (2/2/2012)

1. Changed: Lots of tuning and fixes to the new Theater View list styles.
2. NEW: Theater View shows movie backdrops from TheMovieDB.
3. NEW: Animated lists show a caption (and bubbles for DVD / Bluray on the right).
4. Changed: The way network servers are broken down upon exit trying to fix hanging exit problems.
5. Changed: DLNA: BrowseMetaData was returning no parentID, now returns the root parentID. Could solve problems with some renderers when MC is the controller.
6. Fixed: DLNA, if a player zone was associated with a particular DLNA server and that server was deleted we didn't pick up the default (first DLNA server) to use with that zone. Now it defaults back to the first server and one can associate it with a new zone if desired.

17.0.80 (2/1/2012)

1. NEW: Added animated Theater View list styles 'Flow' and 'Sheet'.  Animated 3d lists can now be used in any view of Theater View.
2. NEW: Added support for Computer Audiophile playback scrobbling, called 'CA Scrobbles' (configure in Options > Services).
3. NEW: DVB-C television support.
4. Fixed: TV Configuration did not offer DVB-S as one of tuner types.
5. Changed: Added more logging in order to diagnose DVB-S scanning failure.
6. Fixed: TV channel scanning did not show a proper message when scanning failed.
7. Fixed: Some PSD files with certain format embedded thumbnails could cause a crash.
8. Fixed: During DVB-S channel scanning the satellite transponder file failed to open.

17.0.79 (1/30/2012)

1. Fixed: When 'Show playback zones from the server on the client' was unchecked in options, DLNA zones from the server were still shown.
2. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.45). Support for Intel Indeo 4, MS Video 1, 8BPS, LOCO, ZMBV, VCR1, AASC, plus other new goodies and bug fixes.
3. Changed: Removed options for disabling tray icons for ffdshow and Haali filters since Red October removes the need for these.

17.0.78 (1/27/2012)

1. Fixed: FLAC date tagging bug present in v77.
2. Fixed: Using the web service call to set current position during playback was not working properly if called in rapid succession.
3. Fixed: In certain cases the Green Button on the remote control did not work correctly.
4. Fixed: DLNA, the name of the bitrate field was wrong (it was bitRate).
5. Fixed: DLNA, the value of the bitrate field was incorrect if the file WASN'T being converted. This could prevent proper seeking in renderers that used that field (i.e. WhiteBear).
6. Changed: All http services, return error 416 when a request was out of range as opposed to an empty partial content response.
7. Fixed: In some user's libraries, sequence columns were not sorting correctly.

17.0.77 (1/26/2012)

1. Changed: Updated YouTube support for latest site changes.
2. Fixed: The purchase / trial extension dialog could crash.
3. Changed: Automatic movie & tv info lookup will overwrite the name for a television episode using the value in the online database (no other existing data is overwritten in automatic mode).
4. Fixed: Editing Artist, Genre, Composer, and Conductor in the Tag Action Window was not working properly.
5. Changed: OGG tagging better supports list fields.
6. Changed: Updated FLAC plugin -- removed MFC, updated settings dialog, improved support for list-fields, etc.
7. Changed: APE tagging supports NULL delimited lists for fields (applies to APE and MPC files).
8. Changed: 'Album Artist (auto)' only considers the primary (first in the list) artist for tracks.

17.0.76 (1/25/2012)

1. NEW: Artist, Genre, Composer, and Conductor are list-type fields.
2. Changed: List fields can be configured to use a standard edit or list edit style.  Existing user created list-type fields will need to be updated in Options > Library & Folders > Manage library fields > Edit Type > List if you want a list-type editor for them.
3. Changed: ID3v2 tagging better supports list fields.
4. Changed: All TheMovieDB genres get populated to the genre field.
5. Changed: WMA/WMV tagging better supports list fields.
6. NEW: Putting a hat in front of a search token does an ordered list compare (so "^[Keywords]=cat" will match "cat; dog" but not "dog; cat").

vairulez

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.83 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:33:25 am »

Fixed: In some cases when the 'No subtitles' item was active, the OSD would not work for changing subtitles.
thanks. My anime show subtitles again using the osd

There is still a problem with "play" action that has disapeared in theaterview for all my tv-shows, i can only use "play all"
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:19:12 pm »

More on the Internal Volume changes here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69627.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

13. Changed: Opened up the fields Author, Actors, Director, Editor, Episode, Series, and Series Description for use with audio (useful for audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.)
14. Changed: Opened up the field Editor, Series, Series Description, and Track # for use with images.
15. Changed: Opened up the field Track # for use with videos.
Thank you - much appreciated!  ;D

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 03:55:51 pm »

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.75 -- Available Here
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:32 am »

Quote from: Beamer on January 27, 2012, 03:42:20 am
Matt: Thanks for your response

I have ticked it on countless occasions without effect.  I do not want my folders removed, nor do I want to be hassled with the question which frequently gets sent to my primary monitor on those occasions when the HTPC is closed down before MC has had the chance to show the question on the extended monitor.  The result of this is that MC does not start up correctly because it is stuck open on the primary monitor with the unanswered question.

We only save the answer if you say 'yes'.  Otherwise, you would lose the ability to ever have empty folders cleaned up.

I didn't think anyone would ever want that, but obviously that was wrong.

What do people think of just allowing the 'don't ask again' to save either answer?

Perhaps if I explain why this is unreasonable, greater consideration will be given to address it

I record several TV series and file the episodes in a folder named according to the series.  When the last episode is watched and deleted I do not want to delete the folder for two reasons.

1. The folder serves as a reminder to ensure I setup recording for the next episode
2. I want to keep the folder to put the next episode in.

Is it so unreasonable to have an option to that disables the popup question when folders are empty or at least remember the answer No on future occasions for that same folder?

Why does the popup question take so long to popup?
The Future is Remote!

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »

When setting up Zones for different media types, MC does not save Column settings per view.

I want to show Video with different columns (Series, Episode, Actors)
than I do for Music (Album Artist, Album, Name, Track, Date, Rating, etc).

Any way to accomplish this?

It makes using MC for multiple media types difficult at best.
. . . the game is rigged

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 12:55:17 am »

Outcome from expressions has changed in many areas. For example,  Field disc # is left blank for single disc entry or 1,2 etc entered for multidiscs.
Expression used

If([disc #]>0,[disc #]:[track #],[track #].) 

Output upto very recent builds 1:2  for disc 1 track 2     or     2. for track 2 single disc.
With no changes to data or expression this build now outputs :2 for track 2 single disc (despite disc # being blank)

Many other If() expression logic using integer fields now impacted in a similar way.

Any ideas?

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 04:10:34 am »

A couple more things (bugs to confirm?)

• Tagging over network - changes made from client to main server not being written either to file or to library on server (setup is main server on TV and main set-up "client separate desktop PC -- before this patch I would also verify this by hitting File>Library>Sync Changes With Library Server. Before patch this would force updates of  tag changes and write changes to the file on the server PC. The sync window pops up and says the sync was made, but no changes are being ported through. There is no effect on Playback on client, as all files and changes done directly from server are visible on the client PC ==> this is a critical error for me
SORRY this was a server error on my side, NOT a bug. Still don't understand why JRiver said it was synced but hey .... mea culpa for the false alarm
  • Update channels - reverted to Stable versions from Latest a couple days ago (is 17.0.83 considered stable?) - with option of keeping last five, I only have 2 stored.
  • In Theater View/Audio - 3-D views are no longer flipping album over with play options; simple list of albums show instead  

BTW would like to go back to 17.0.68 but no longer have the file is there a link for older versions? is there a complete change log somewhere prior to the one posted in this thread?

thanks for looking into this

PS - updating custom list fields seems to no longer erase my metadata asposted in the 17.0.82 thread, IF field is recreated with first checking just the user data button, then clicking ok TWICE. Afterwords go back and click calculated field and paste the expression in the box. Thank you to Vagskal (should put this in the Wiki, dangerous stuff ;) )

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:47:03 am »

Outcome from expressions has changed in many areas. For example,  Field disc # is left blank for single disc entry or 1,2 etc entered for multidiscs.
Expression used

If([disc #]>0,[disc #]:[track #],[track #].) 

Output upto very recent builds 1:2  for disc 1 track 2     or     2. for track 2 single disc.
With no changes to data or expression this build now outputs :2 for track 2 single disc (despite disc # being blank)

Use isempty() instead:

If(!isempty([disc #]), [disc #]:[track #], [track #].)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:50 am »

Beamer, in a coming build:
Changed: The 'Don't ask me again' box when prompting about removing empty folders will save both a yes or no answer (previously by design it would only save a yes answer).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:45 am »

Beamer, in a coming build:
Changed: The 'Don't ask me again' box when prompting about removing empty folders will save both a yes or no answer (previously by design it would only save a yes answer).

Brilliant,
Thank you so much :)
The Future is Remote!

blair

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45:06 pm »

Don't see where to start a new topic, sorry.  I can't seem to get my audible books into #17.  How do you do it, please.

Blair Rideout

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 12:46:25 pm »

Don't see where to start a new topic, sorry.  I can't seem to get my audible books into #17.  How do you do it, please.
Use New Topic in the upper right hand corner of the index page for the MC17 board.

Arindelle

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 03:00:57 am »

modified my post above in case you miss it ...one of the three "bugs" wasn't one, the other two still are.
Sorry about that :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up