INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video problems tearing/audio delay  (Read 1656 times)

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
Video problems tearing/audio delay
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:17:33 pm »

I thought i only had an issue with playback of hi-def podcasts but it is also hapening on bluray iso.

This is the first time i have actually watched a bluray on MC other than a few mins for testing and setting up.

when i start a movie everything is perfect, then after about 10 to 15 mins there is alot of teraing and the sound is out by a few seconds.
If i restrat MC all is well again for another 10 mins or so then the same problem so quite dissapointed as was planning to use MC s my default bluray palyer.

I am using Red october std with an nvidia GT430 and I3-2100 the cpu when running is only at about 20% i am also passing audio through HDMI for my processor to decode the hidef audio.

If i use TMT i have no problems.

Anyone any ideas?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video problems tearing/audio delay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »

Try turning off hardware acceleration.

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:05:38 pm »

Thats great thanks, that seems to have fixed it just watched a complete movie with no problems.

Turning off hardware accelation also did not increase the cpu at all.

Is this an issue with MC or with the filters?

thanks again, good to have it working.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »

Is this an issue with MC or with the filters?
My guess is that there are a few issues with the addition of the Intel graphics acceleration that was just added in build 85. I started having issues with all my mkv files immediately after starting it (and I'm using an Intel graphics interface from my mobo.) It will likely get fixed, but it likely won't matter much for you if you don't have any performance issues when not using the hardware acceleration.

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:43 am »

My guess is that there are a few issues with the addition of the Intel graphics acceleration that was just added in build 85. I started having issues with all my mkv files immediately after starting it (and I'm using an Intel graphics interface from my mobo.) It will likely get fixed, but it likely won't matter much for you if you don't have any performance issues when not using the hardware acceleration.
I have an Nvidia GForce 9500GT. where is the graphics acceleration set?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »

I have an Nvidia GForce 9500GT. where is the graphics acceleration set?
Options > Video > Hardware Accelerate Video Decoding When Possible.
The only new addition here is that the Intel acceleration gizmo (I forget the name already) has been added to the list of acceleration types that Media Center supports.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:04:49 pm »

My guess is that there are a few issues with the addition of the Intel graphics acceleration that was just added in build 85. I started having issues with all my mkv files immediately after starting it (and I'm using an Intel graphics interface from my mono.)

Have you tested build 89 for this problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up