INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library and slow MC response for a NEWBIE  (Read 921 times)

celebrat

Library and slow MC response for a NEWBIE
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:11:10 am »

Sorry but do not know where to post this to start so....

Recently upgraded to v17 but I have struggled w/ MC for some time now and it is probably operator error :o

I cannot access my files in any organized way except by going through drives/devices. I group by artist/album in my NAS using wav files and Hi Res files in a separate sub-directory within the main director and I like the arrangement just fine. This is a pain (using drives/devices) but seems to be the only way I get results. When I use the library (which I confess to knowing very little about) it only displays the song title and file-name (which does have all the info I need) The artist and album are unfilled and I cant figure out how to fill them so I can sort through them. This is a pain with over 1.5 Terabytes of music....so I defer to the devices/drives for organization. Is there a way to pin the path so I do not have to search every time I open MC??  Also when MC searches for files to fill the libray I get alot of tagging errors. I don't even know what that is ? My suspicions are that I used EAC for alot of my ripping I now DB Poweramp. My main concern is music sound quality.  It sounds great. 

My other big issue is that MC seems PAINFULLY slow to respond when changing songs or moving through the program. It is frequently non responsive. For playback I use a 3 year old computer with 32bit Vista and early quad core. It is a fast computer for it's age. I just installed MC on my main computer... Windows 7 Professional and quite fast. I seem to have the same issues on this computer as well. I guess I should specify the computers are fast but my computer skill's are not ?

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library and slow MC response for a NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:50:37 am »

Did you import the WAV files?  The "Getting Started" topic in my signature would lead you through it. 

You need to "tag" the files.  WAV files aren't ideal for tagging.  The wiki has information on WAV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up