INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.91 -- Available Here  (Read 7244 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.91 -- Available Here
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:18 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170091.exe

17.0.91 (2/20/2012)

1. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last couple of builds.
2. Fixed: Ctrl+F would not select existing text in the search box.
3. Changed: Default sorting for television shows will use Series\Season\Episode\Name instead of just Name.
4. Changed: Empty sort rules in a view or parent view could cause problems when setting the sort to (Default).
5. Fixed: Installing a build manually clears any queued auto-updates.
6. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .47 with DXVA Native mode support and other goodies.
7. Fixed: Library server and DLNA audio conversions to mp3 were not working.
8. NEW: Added DLNA controller function which can change tracks gaplessly. Requires that the renderer supports SetNextAVTransportURI. Works nicely with MC's renderer. Needs testing with other renderers whether they have the function or not (look for breakage on renderers that don't support it).

17.0.90 (2/16/2012)

1. Fixed: The OSD window would only draw one line of text in some cases (hopefully fixed, please let us know).

17.0.89 (2/15/2012)

1. NEW: Added the HDTracks store including download and search (Services & Plug-ins in the tree).
2. Changed: Added extra logging for TV recording.
3. Changed: Revised escapement of non-printable characters in XML to work with more XML parsers.
4. Fixed: Relative paths that moved up multiple paths with ../.. were not handled properly in some cases.
5. Faster: Internal Volume uses SSE when it's available for around 20% - 30% faster volume processing.
6. Changed: Reduced wait time for DVB and QAM channel scanning.
7. Changed: Added a wait when switching user interface modes while madVR is in use to help with full screen exclusive causing Theater View creation problems.

17.0.88 (2/14/2012)

1. Changed: Increased the number of allowable Theater View background images that will be cached (now the lesser of 1 GB or 2500 images).
2. Fixed: The tooltip for the Compare(...) expression function listed incorrect examples.
3. NEW: Added full support for DSF tagging (uses ID3v2 tags at the end of the file).
4. Fixed: MC could crash when scanning for DVB-C (and maybe DVB-S) channels.
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
6. Fixed: Internal Volume was not working when no effects were enabled in DSP Studio.
7. Fixed: Theater View artist backdrops were not working properly when there was a list of artists for a file.
8. Fixed: Theater View would incorrectly show backdrops for the first file in a selection with varying series or artists (backdrops only appear if the backdrop would apply to all files in the selection).
9. Fixed: DLNA: present proper bitrate in when converting to MP3.
10. Changed: Search suggestions don't appear if search syntax is entered into the search box (defined as the characters: []=).
11. Fixed: Non-printable characters below 0x20 were not being escaped properly when generating XML.

17.0.87 (2/10/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the Internal Volume slider scaling (more details here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69939.0).
2. Fixed: DVB-C tuning space was specified incorrectly.
3. Fixed: Albums that ended with period characters would unnecessarily have their external cover art saved without the periods.
4. Fixed: Random smartlists would not refresh when re-entering a playlist view in Theater View.
5. Changed: Tuned DSD to PCM conversion to remove high-frequency aliasing noise.

17.0.86 (2/9/2012)

1. Fixed: A bad filename for a DVB-C transponder list file.
2. Fixed: Theater View backgrounds could cause hiccups in animation when switching between artists, series, etc.
3. Fixed: Theater View theme images tied to root item selection would not load when entering Theater View until the selection was changed.
4. Fixed: WinTV Nova-T Stick DVB-T Tuner did not work.
5. Changed: Carnac understands four digit episode numbers.
6. Changed: Minor change in DVB-C/S tuning.

17.0.85 (2/8/2012)

1. NEW: Theater View themes support showing different images depending on the root roller selection (put images in [Theme Folder]\Root\Audio, [Theme Folder]\Root\Movies, etc.).
2. Changed: The 'Don't ask me again' box when prompting about removing empty folders will save both a yes or no answer (previously by design it would only save a yes answer).
3. Changed: DLNA:Try to return a valid container ID for browsemetadata.
4. NEW: (Clear) QAM digital cable television support.
5. Fixed: Internal Volume was not being honored when doing level calibration with Room Correction.
6. Fixed: When going back a level in Theater View sometimes the focus could shift unexpectedly to the top roller.
7. Changed: Theater View themes use a faster fade when switching to a different set of images (but still the same fade time between images in a slideshow set).
8. Fixed: Browsing into a Netflix series entry in Theater View was not working properly.
9. Faster: Theater View online theme handling better caches searches to reduce web traffic / overhead.
10. Fixed: Changes to Netflix account information were lost if program crashed.
11. Changed: Volume mode, internal volume level, and Volume Protection are saved as they are changed instead of on shutdown so settings aren't lost if there's a crash.
12. Fixed: It was possible to use Send To to add tracks to a locked playlist.
13. Changed: Intel QuickSync is now supported for video acceleration for VC1, AVC, and MPEG-2 formats.

17.0.84 (2/7/2012)

1. Fixed: Manual TheMovieDB would show the URL to the poster and backdrop in the results.
2. Faster: Clicking between entries in Get Movie & TV Info no longer reloads the result from the server.
3. Fixed: The level of data in visualizations would be incorrectly reduced by Internal Volume.
4. NEW: Theater View animated lists support all the same typed-navigation functionality as standard lists (1: home, 0: end, 2-9: texting style, letters: as expected).
5. Fixed: With a Theater View sheet list, zooming into an item could result in the full resolution image being cropped to a square instead of shown with its native aspect ratio.
6. NEW: Added 'Timing' to subtitle right-click menu to allow adjusting when subtitles appear (changes saved per-file and applied on subsequent playback as well).
7. Fixed: DRM protected wmv files were not playing.
8. Fixed: DRM protected wma files could cause a crash during import or audio analysis.
9. Fixed: Selecting AVI format for the video conversion type for DLNA playback did not work.
10. Fixed: Some view header commands like locking of a playlist would not work as expected if the playlist was showing more than once on the screen (split views, Action Window, etc.).
11. Fixed: "Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner" television device did not work.
12. Changed: Theater View flow and wall lists use higher quality textures for the unselected items.
13. Changed: Theater View animated lists use mip-mapping to improve the visual quality when zooming, moving, etc. (you can configure AA and AF in Options > General > Video Card).
14. Fixed: The Editor field was not usable for images as reported in the build 83 change log.
15. Fixed: Possible crash while switching between views in Theater View.
16. NEW: When customizing Media Network views, the 'All' item can be enabled or disabled per view.
17. NEW: Revised the default Media Network (DLNA, Gizmo, etc.) views to work more like Theater View (it's recommended but optional that you use Options > Media Network > Customize views > Reset to get the new defaults).

17.0.83 (2/6/2012)

1. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
2. Changed: ID3v2 tag reading doesn't treat / as a delimiter in ID3v2.3, but instead uses NULL as the delimiter for reading and writing in ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4.
3. Changed: Room Correction can be used on the first 8 channels when outputting more than 8 channels of audio.
4. Changed: Internal volume is applied before DSP instead of last, so that limiting and clip protection are never applied unless actually required by the hardware.
5. Changed: Tuned the logarithmic scale used by internal volume (so 50% is -13.8dB instead of -10.2dB).
6. Changed: When building a filename from file information, only the primary / first artist or genre will be used from a list.
7. Fixed: Albums with lists of artist values could use the list instead of the primary artist for the 'Album Artist (auto)' field.
8. Changed: Updated the copyrights on the splash and about images to 2012.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
10. Fixed: Theater View News and Weather would not appear when running in a language other than English.
11. Fixed: Downloading of video podcasts could report an error when moving the sidecar image file.
12. Fixed: Playback of AAC streaming radio could fail (or be very slow) to start.
13. Changed: Opened up the fields Author, Actors, Director, Editor, Episode, Series, and Series Description for use with audio (useful for audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.)
14. Changed: Opened up the field Editor, Series, Series Description, and Track # for use with images.
15. Changed: Opened up the field Track # for use with videos.
16. Changed: Using the search arrow in the Artist column on a file with a list of artists will search on the first artist instead of the combination of all the artists.
17. Changed: To search a view with the wizard, use Ctrl+Shift+F.  Ctrl+W / Ctrl+Q no longer do anything in the search box (since Ctrl+Q is a standard shortcut for closing a tab / program).
18. Fixed: When playing YouTube from Theater View, the playback bandwidth setting from Options > Services > YouTube was not being honored.
19. Changed: When a web media resource can not be played, it will show a playback error instead of showing an empty browser window.
20. Fixed: The finish in the installer would hang for 15 extra seconds when performing an automatic update from Update Channels.
21. Fixed: In some cases when the 'No subtitles' item was active, the OSD would not work for changing subtitles.
22. Fixed: If DLNA eventing was not working, the player could stick at a 'Waiting...' state.
23. NEW: Convolution automatically adjusts for filter latency for cases where a delay is baked into the filter files (still preserves intentional timing differences between channels).

17.0.82 (2/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when deleting items.
2. Faster: Improved Theater View's UI update system (when playback advances, etc.) so that fewer updates happen and updates look smoother when they do happen.
3. Fixed: Searching in Theater View could crash with build 80 or 81.
4. Fixed: Hulu AdZone clips would not play properly.
5. Faster: Improved performance of DSD reading and decoding.
6. Fixed: Incorrect message displayed in 'Edit Cd Information' dialog.
7. Fixed: The uninstaller could error when finishing.
8. NEW: The search language supports putting a hat in front of a keyword to do word matching (so ^car matches "Car Blues" or "My Car Broke" but not "Carolina on My Mind").
9. Changed: Hat is an escaped character in the search language, so you must use /^ to search for a literal hat.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.91 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:21:50 pm »

my help|about hang is gone, thanks.....

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12:55 pm »

After downloading v0.91(from 0.89) something was definately not right with the picture quality of Blu-ray disc(The Tree of Life) playback. Heavy pixelations occured over the screen, with large square-ish areas/blemishes wandering over the picture. I then downloaded v0.89 again, and everything went back to normal.

Anybody experienced the same phenomenon with v0.91 as described above?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Turning off hardware acceleration fixed my problems with MC crashing when I pressed stop on video playback.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

Turning off hardware acceleration fixed my problems with MC crashing when I pressed stop on video playback.
Thanks for reporting.  What's your video hardware?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

After downloading v0.91(from 0.89) something was definately not right with the picture quality of Blu-ray disc(The Tree of Life) playback. Heavy pixelations occured over the screen, with large square-ish areas/blemishes wandering over the picture. I then downloaded v0.89 again, and everything went back to normal.

Anybody experienced the same phenomenon with v0.91 as described above?

Could you try toggling hardware acceleration in Options > Video.

If that helps, what video hardware do you have?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:22:55 am »

Thanks for reporting.  What's your video hardware?

Sony Vaio TP1
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 / 1.83 GHz

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 01:45:33 pm »

Hi, will this problem be corrected?  Thanks.

I found a bug in v17 over v14, or at least different and strange behavior.

Put some tracks (try 10) in your PlayingNow list and start the last track playing.  Now remove the first row, the highlight jumps to the last track that is currently playings, that is very weird.

Try this, get the second to last track playing and then delete the first row, the highlighted row moves to the 2nd track in the list after the first is deleted, which is what I expect.

Now keep deleting the first track and it gets removed and the highlighted row moves to the next track UNTIL there are only 2 tracks above the currently playing track.  Then when you remove the first track, the highlighted row  jumps to the currently playing track, leaving one track above.

This is easily duplicated, if you have trouble, the maybe I didn't explain it right.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »

Could you try toggling hardware acceleration in Options > Video.

If that helps, what video hardware do you have?

Thanks, that did it. That is, I disabled hardware acceleration, and that made the heavy pixelations disappear.

I'm using a fairly old and bare bones Radeon HD3400 graphics/video card, and with most of my Blu-ray movies it does the job OK in Red October standard setting. However, I'm becoming increasingly aware of its limitations now, and with The Tree of Life Blu-ray playback CPU usage hovers above 50%(mostly 60-70%) and sometimes going above 80% - with the occational video stuttering.

(possibly to be addressed in a separate thread, but...)
I have no desire to upgrade to RO HQ just yet, with all the juice it requires, but if there are recommendations for fan-less(absolute priority!) video cards that'll be regarded sufficient for RO standard playback, I'm all ears.

Btw, the processor in my HTPC is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200. Maybe it's ripe for exchange as well...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 03:04:12 pm »

but if there are recommendations for fan-less(absolute priority!) video cards that'll be regarded sufficient for RO standard playback, I'm all ears.

Btw, the processor in my HTPC is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200. Maybe it's ripe for exchange as well...

Is your CPU fanless as well? If you are going to upgrade, skip the video card altogether and grab a Sandy Bridge i3-2105 or a Llano A6-3500.

pcstockton

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:59 pm »

Thanks for fixing the MP3 conversion in this build.  I can listen remotely again!!!!!

Cheers,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:22 pm »

7. Fixed: Library server and DLNA audio conversions to mp3 were not working.

I'm not sure that this is working properly. It doesn't matter what I have the Audio Conversion set at in the Client Options section of the Media Network Options, but MP3's aren't getting converted down to the settings of "Always convert audio" and "MP3 low bandwidth". If I have a 320kbps MP3, the Media Network serves up that file, it doesn't convert it. Also, if I have a FLAC file that I play remotely (Webplay/Gizmo/WebGizmo) the track tags and cover art aren't embedded. However, they are converted to 128kbps MP3 and served to the client. And the stats don't update in MC like they do when using Gizmo on my Android.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:28:14 am »

I installed the new nVidia 295.73 WHQL drivers and whenever I try to exit Theater View while a video is playing, Theater View freezes. The funny thing is that if I VNC into the computer, it shows that MC is back to the standard view (so it appears that the graphics overlay is "stuck" on the screen but the program is not actually frozen). I've tried turning on and off exclusive mode for Theater View and it does not change the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 10:17:20 am »

I installed the new nVidia 295.73 WHQL drivers and whenever I try to exit Theater View while a video is playing, Theater View freezes. The funny thing is that if I VNC into the computer, it shows that MC is back to the standard view (so it appears that the graphics overlay is "stuck" on the screen but the program is not actually frozen). I've tried turning on and off exclusive mode for Theater View and it does not change the problem.

What if you use RO Standard?

The exclusive fullscreen device of madVR (used in RO HQ sometimes) is causing some troubles.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »

In spite of having "Options --> CD, DVD & Blue Ray --> AutoPlay" all set to do "Nothing", inserting a DVD into the drive MC responds by Auto Playing the disc. This is not desired and not as per the options settings.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »

Check your Windows autoplay settings.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:08 am »

What if you use RO Standard?

The exclusive fullscreen device of madVR (used in RO HQ sometimes) is causing some troubles.

Yeah it looks like it's a madVR issue. It was working fine before the nVidia update though! I'd like to think it's an nVidia problem because the last three driver iterations they've released have been utter you-know-what, and I've never had an issue like this with madVR before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up