INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed  (Read 748 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed
« on: May 18, 2012, 09:48:29 pm »

Every 10 or 20 albums I process, I'm coming across a "Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed" error message when using Rename/Move/Copy.

I've come across this quite a few times with video before and thought it was only a video problem.

Click to enlarge.

I can't figure out why MC is having trouble renaming them.
  • have made sure files and folders are not read only
  • MC has no trouble playing the audio (FLAC) files
  • update tags from library and vice versa reports no fail message
  • the source and destination drive is a Drobo (like a NAS) with a mapped drive letter. I move thousands of files a day there with MC but it's only certain files I have trouble with, with no rhyme or reason. At any rate, if I change the destination drive letter to C:\ I get the same error message
  • I use a complex rename expression, but even if I change it to something simple like [Track #]. [Name] I get the same error message
  • I've tried shortening all the referenced fields drastically to make sure the resultant output won't exceed any character length restrictions

So I'm at a loss... I've had success moving the files in explorer and and re-importing them, but data files etc lose all their tags if I do this.

I have attached a log (I like the simplicity of the new logging system for the user) but not sure if it's caught anything...

Pages: [1]   Go Up