INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep repeat playing the current song when streaming from MC via DLNA  (Read 10618 times)

rocco1113

Hi,
I am using MC to stream music to the logitech squeezebox touch. I checked menu Player->Repeat->Repeat Off.  But it just keep playing the current song even though there are songs in the PLAYING NOW list.

There is no problem if I play output directly from MC (Output mode->Kernel Streaming, Output to DAC) and not use DLNA.

Is there any setting that I have to change?

Thanks

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
Re: Keep repeat playing the current song when streaming from MC via DLNA
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 10:30:46 am »

I'm in the same boat Rocco.
I'm using Gizmo/Andriod on a SqueezeBox Duet.

I've checked the same settings as you, and can't find anything else to "click" on.  ?

Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »

Player->Repeat->Repeat Off
Would be used if you were playing on the PC (Player refers to the LOCAL zone).
You want to turn repeat off in the zone for the squeezebox (using the same logic).

In addition, I recommend that you use the Whitebear DLNA server instead of the built in LMS DLNA server plugin. Whitebear is better, amongst other things, it can play gaplessly.
If you insist on using the LMS DLNA server plugin, you should turn off SetNext support under DLNA controller options in the squeezebox zone.

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:18:15 am »

Ohh....gotcha.
I understood that first paragraph totally, but I've stared at that second one for quite a while and have determined that you weren't speaking English.

That one's gonna require some Google searching. ha ha

Thanks Bob,
Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:41:16 pm »

Ohh....gotcha.
I understood that first paragraph totally, but I've stared at that second one for quite a while and have determined that you weren't speaking English.

Thanks Bob,
Bob
Sorry about the acronym.
LMS is the logitech media server. It's the default DLNA plugin and it doesn't support the SetNextAVTransportURI properly. The Whitebear is a replacement for that plugin that works properly.

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 02:49:21 pm »

Understood. Thank you for the info Bob.  :)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 10:52:12 am »

Concerning Whitebear, please have a look at the link associated with my sig. (Or here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver )
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36:05 am »

Awesome Andrew, thank you very much.

I'm a long time ("audiophile") user of a Bolder modded Squeezebox3 and Duet. I gave up on the entire system as the software was just too glitchy. I do still have the Duet in my workshop and (accidentally) discovered the Samsung 10.1 tablet would control the music in their. My original intension was to sell off everything that had the Logitech name on it, which is why I bought JRiver, the Samsung Galaxy, and a PC server in the first place. So I'm $1,000 into this project, only to find out I want to keep one of the pieces of equipment I wanted to sell off.... Duh.

But if I do that, then I'll have no tunes in the workshop anymore, as (I don't think) JRiver will work in there.

Might be easier to just buy a turn table and be done with it. ha ha

Bob

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 11:10:08 am »

Bob,

I have the same problem with my Marantz AV7005. When I play from an MC zone, only one song gets repeated forever. Using the Marantz as controller has no problems, and playing to local player has no problems.

I understand the logic to set repeat on the zone rather than on the player (I already found that setting repeat on the player does not work...as you noted), but as much as I search, I cannot find the repeat menu for the Marantz zone. (I've probably stumbled past it in my noob haze... :P)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 11:16:33 am »

If you aren't using the latest build (17.0.180), please try it.  It's on the Downloads page.

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:17:49 am »

I am using 17.0.180.

I am sure the setting is here somewhere...just can't find it!

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:02 am »

I am using 17.0.180.

I am sure the setting is here somewhere...just can't find it!

Thanks!
You select the zone, then just to the right of the time slider there is a icon for repeat functions.
Also, you may need to turn off SetNext support if your device has a buggy implementation of SetNextAVTransportURI. Check the third message in this thread for instructions.

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:57 am »

Thank you Bob,

I found that icon after my last post, but it did not function for the Marantz zone. In fact none of the functions worked from that icon opn the Marantz zone. It works fine for the the MC player zone though.

I am currently overseas on business, so this will have to wait til I get back to try again.

Thank you,

Dave

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »

Hi, back from Japan now. I upgraded to 17.0.182 right away hoping it might fix the issue, but no luck.

To reiterate, the little icon to the right of the progress bar which controls repeat play has no effect when I am controlling the Marantz AV7005 zone.

Can anyone help???

Thanks!

draudio

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »

I think I got it!

Turned off DLNA extras on server setting as well as turning off Disable SetNext and Ignore Transport Events on zone settings.

Yeah!!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:21:52 am »

That's interesting, thanks for the report back. We should probably setup a wiki page for settings that work with specific hardware. Receivers in general seem to be pretty tricky to setup.

Edit: I just took a look at that section of code and I'd like to try to pin this down a bit more if you don't mind.
First, were you playing wma files?
Second, Does your receiver show cover art for your tracks?

Thanks..
Pages: [1]   Go Up