INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.173 -- Available Here  (Read 6410 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.173 -- Available Here
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170173.exe

17.0.173 (6/14/2012)

1. Changed: Mono handling using 'No upmixing or downmixing' uses pseudo-stereo for music and the center speaker for videos (other than music videos).
2. Changed: Changed how JRiver URL Reader filter handle buffering by taking advantage of buffering info available in LAV splitter filter.  Should help YouTube
3. Fixed: Handheld sync with MTP devices was not working correctly because of a bug in creating the MC database on the device.
4. Changed: Camera acquisition from some device types (e.g. MTP) was dealing with images & videos anywhere on the device. Now it takes a user settable image source path defaulting to \DCIM\.

17.0.172 (6/12/2012)

1. Changed: More internal threading changes in television playback engine.
2. Changed: Build 171 would unintentionally show frames on images in Theater View.
3. Fixed: List truncation tool tips would look incorrect with build 171.
4. Changed: Carnac wouldn't understand Sage TV recordings when the counter number in the filename used 8 digits.
5. Changed: Playing Now Overview uses columns instead of stacked rows to show each zone.
6. Fixed: Playing Now Overview would not update nicely when zones were added or removed while it was showing.
7. Changed: Handheld conversion setting 'Simultaneous conversions' now applies to simultaneous downloads as well.
8. Fixed: Handheld sync from a library server was not obeying the "Enable DSP" flag so that volume leveling was always being performed.
9. Changed: While connected to a library server, "Enable DSP" is replaced with "Apply volume leveling" option in handheld conversion options.
10. Changed: When JRSS does center focused mixing (used for videos other than music videos), mono videos will output on the center speaker instead of as pseudo stereo.

17.0.171 (6/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working properly.
2. Fixed: Library-type search views were not working properly in Theater View (like the default Video > Guide > Search).
3. Changed: Clicking 'Save' in the image editor will apply and close any pending tool.
4. NEW: All thumbnail borders are drawn with skin items (that can be customized per skin).
5. Changed: Added 'Skip' cell drawing mode to skinning engine so a cell with no data (like the inside of a thumbnail frame) has no overhead (see Default Skin Items > main.xml > Border section for exmaples).
6. Changed: If thumbnail frames for images are disabled in Options, a drop shadow effect will be used in its place instead of the default thumbnail treatment.

17.0.170 (6/8/2012)

1. Changed: When using the mixing mode 'Clone side channels to rear speakers', if there's a rear center it will be used for the clone (at half-power to each rear) instead of the surrounds.
2. Fixed: Parts of the program that used a wait message could take longer to finish than expected.
3. Changed: Thumbnail borders are rendered at draw time instead of loaded into the thumbnail at load time (allows for more consistent sizing and more flexible styles).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail bordering to use a smaller, more subtle shadowing.
5. Fixed: 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing was not working properly for the rear speakers in some cases.
6. Changed: Added more logging of handheld calls to debug a rare crash that can occur when loading a handheld.
7. Fixed: Using a fadeout on stop would not work properly when Volume Protection was enabled.
8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).
10. Fixed: Improved remote button handling during Netflix movie playback.

17.0.169 (6/7/2012)

1. Changed: Carnac better supports videos with naming like "Movie.Title.To.Parse.2012.Extra.Stuff.1080p.mkv".
2. Fixed: When scrolling down in Theater View, the last row of thumbnails would not always be shown when selecting the second to last row.
3. Fixed: When buffering, the player area in Standard View would not always redraw nicely to show progress.
4. Fixed: Several tweaks and improvements to the support of large sector SACD ISO files.
5. Fixed: You can't name a top-level view "Advanced" or it vanishes.
6. Changed: DLNA: removed playlist containers completely. Was causing problems with some Onkyo models. Introduced in 17.0.134.
7. Fixed: JRSS 5.1 to 7.1 upmixing could cause the stereo separation in the SL / SR channels to be distorted.
8. Fixed: JRSS upmixing of 6.1 to 7.1 clones the rear center to the rears instead of building a rear by looking also at the surrounds.
9. Fixed: CD audio playback would stop at the end of a track, rather than moving forward to the next track (since build 163).

17.0.168 (6/6/2012)

1. Changed: The "Waiting..." OSD message at the start of television playback is replaced with channel/program info.
2. Fixed: Playing a DVD movie over DLNA could result in the non-default audio language being used. For example "Green Lantern" played in Spanish.

17.0.167 (6/5/2012)

1. Changed: We now always use "api.netflix.com" rather than switching to "api.netflix.ca" for computers with Canada as the locale country. The .ca api isn't supported by Netflix and using .com may make it work for VPN users.
2. Fixed: MC did not handle television signal problem or device problem gracefully during start of scheduled recordings.
3. Changed: Internal threading change in TV recording.
4. Fixed: DVD Videos burned with Media Center would not play on some models of DVD players (like Samsung Blu-ray).

17.0.166 (6/4/2012)

1. Fixed: Pause buttons on remote not working reliably in Netflix.

17.0.165 (6/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Adding a new column to a list by right-clicking the header could sometimes cause the column to appear as the last column instead of at the right-click location.
2. Changed: Lossy M4A and AAC files will show a bitdepth of "16" (what the source probably was) in the library instead of "64" (what the decoder outputs).
3. Changed: During rapid key repeats, the Theater View selection bubble will move instantly to the destination instead of animating (when three or more moves occur in less than 300ms).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail drop shadow border.
5. Fixed: Incorrect information about the audio parameters of a video file were being sent via DLNA when a file was being sent unconverted. Might have caused audio stuttering and/or unplayable audio for videos on some renderers.
6. Fixed: Matroska containers were being sent in the content directory (and while being pushed) with the wrong mimetype and DLNA flags when not being converted. This will fix problems playing mkvs on devices that can play them natively (WDTV, etc).
7. Fixed: Pause button on remote not working during Netflix playback. Also sizing of image was wrong since Netflix changed the UI.

17.0.164 (5/30/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for SACD .iso files that use large sectors.
2. Changed: Revised the thumbnail drop shadow effect so that it looks better on dark backgrounds.
3. Fixed: When playing a video that required more bandwidth than was available (YouTube, Library Server client, etc.), playback was not nicely pausing to buffer.
4. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists uses no empty space between thumbnail rectangles (previously a margin of about 5% the item size was used).
5. Changed: Theater View thumbnail lists use one size down for the text size.
6. Changed: Theater View thumbnail views always leave room for two lines of text so that images remain a consistent size.
7. Changed: Shrunk the selection's internal margins a bit in the default Obsidian Theater View skin.
8. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).

17.0.163 (5/29/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for DST compressed DFF files.
2. Fixed: Background podcast downloading could cause pop-up windows to appear asking whether files should be overwritten or renamed.
3. Fixed: From Performer Store, if an external web page was navigated to (e.g. Amazon), the back button did not return to the Performer store page.
4. Fixed: Clicking the "link" symbol to the left of an artist or album name for Performer store tracks, did not search the store but simply showed zero results.
5. Changed: Tuned the animation used for item movement in Theater View.  Movement takes about the same amount of time but has a smoother initial acceleration.
6. Changed: Internal work on burning engine (should be internal change, but testing appreciated).

17.0.162 (5/29/2012)

1. Fixed: DSD bitstreaming over ASIO was not working properly for the last few builds.
2. Changed: Removed 'DSD Mode' setting from ASIO configuration (now 'Playback Designs' mode is used automatically if a device named 'AKDesign USB ASIO' is used).
3. Changed: Slight revision to DSD bitstreaming with ASIO open call ordering (removed first sample rate setting call, as Playback Designs no longer requires it).

17.0.161 (5/25/2012)

1. Fixed: Was detecting playlist containers for DLNA improperly. Completely messed up some renderers (Onkyo). Introduced in 17.0.134.
2. Fixed: The subtitle mode 'Always show' was not saving properly.

17.0.160 (5/24/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the default Theater View views to use the list styles added to v17.
2. Changed: Increased the default Theater View size to 125%.
3. Changed: The order of 'Watch' vs 'Watch All' for Theater View TV Show playback is determined based on the last used item.
4. Changed: Tuned how Kernel Streaming opens devices to work better with Rigisystems based devices on Windows XP.

17.0.159 (5/23/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View backdrops could cause exiting Theater View to be slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Theater View play roller selections were not saving nicely (now saved per media type / media sub type of the file).
3. Changed: Cleaned up the Theater View file roller menu for TV shows recorded outside Media Center to work more like the menu used for JTV.
4. Changed: Removed ... endings from Theater View roller text.
5. Fixed: Cinergy 2400i and Nova-DT DVB-T tuners failed to scan channels.

bwaldron

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.173 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:32:40 pm »

>> 3. Fixed: Handheld sync with MTP devices was not working correctly because of a bug in creating the MC database on the device <<

Thank you! This has been broken for me since 17.0.84 back in February, but all appears well now with my Sansa Clip in MTP mode.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 01:28:56 pm »

>> 3. Fixed: Handheld sync with MTP devices was not working correctly because of a bug in creating the MC database on the device <<

Thank you! This has been broken for me since 17.0.84 back in February, but all appears well now with my Sansa Clip in MTP mode.

Same here as well, It fixed the issues i've been experiencing with mtp syncing in Galaxy SIII. A huge thank to the developers.

EpF

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:45:42 pm »

Rename/Move/Copy doesn't seem to be processing 'IsEmpty()' properly in the Directories Rule input. It reports '0' for empty fields. To check, I used it in an Expression Column and got '1' for the same file.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:01:06 am »

A couple of things I've picked up on (and been able to replicate)...

If Netflix native OSD is visible (like it is at the start of a film) and I use my remote to change volume, MC freezes.

Also (and this could be codec related but I'll post it here to see if you can replicate) if I'm watching a show, and the next show (on the same channel) is set to be recorded, once the recording begins the audio and video both freeze up. If I go out to the guide and click on the program (the one that is now recording, it goes back to the beginning, but again freezes after a couple of seconds playback. If I cancel the recording, I can watc the program...

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

17.0.170 (6/8/2012)
8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).

Thanks so much for fixing the 'Fadeout on Stop' issue I reported earlier and a BIG thanks as well for adding the awesome 'Fadeout on Pause' feature.  MC17 just gets better 'n' better - and the Dev team rocks!
-JT

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 08:11:28 am »

I have a panes view set up for Artist / Album, sorting set to Default.

When the List Style is set to Details the files display in proper (track number) order for each album,

HOWEVER, when Display is set to Album Thumbnail and the album is sent to Playing Now often the track order is incorrect for playback.

I tried turning off 'Group by Album' and it seemed to be better but this only helped for Details style and it still occurs at times with Album Thumbnail style.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 10:20:31 am »

Rename/Move/Copy doesn't seem to be processing 'IsEmpty()' properly in the Directories Rule input. It reports '0' for empty fields. To check, I used it in an Expression Column and got '1' for the same file.

Empty values become 'Unknown Name', etc.

You can use [Name, 0] to get the raw data.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:32 pm »

When ASIO is selected as the audio device for my Asus Xonar DX if I switch to another video when video playback has been initiated without first stopping playback, playback will be frozen with a black screen. If I then select stop, the playback status located above the seek bar displays "0:00 / Live." Regardless of wither I select stop I am then unable to load either audio or video media to that zone without first restarting Media Center. This error is not produced when I am playing music, when another audio device is selected or when ASIO is not selected as the audio device for the Asus card, the error may therefore be driver related however I find it strange that this does not occur when changing tracks during audio playback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up