INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.182 -- Available Here  (Read 7757 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.182 -- Available Here
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:17:15 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170182.exe

17.0.182 (7/18/2012)

1. Fixed: Adding cover art to Flac files could cause a crash.

17.0.181 (7/17/2012)

1. Fixed: Using FormatDate(...) in the player bar could cause problems.
2. Fixed: When starting an image slideshow out of Theater View, the caption would not appear for the first image.
3. Fixed: WebGizmo playback was not working in some cases.
5. Fixed: Seeking could cause a sidecar subtitle to appear twice if the subtitle was set to show for the entire video.
6. Fixed: In some cases, the first subtitle in a video would not appear.
7. Fixed: Burning an audio CD from WMA format files was not working.
8. Fixed: Netflix search was not working.
9. Changed: Updated LAV filters to 0.51.2.  Several bug fixes and enhancements since .50.5.

17.0.180 (7/6/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD dimensions were not importing.
2. Fixed: An M4A with corrupt frames would be unnecessarily slow to work through the bad frames.

Testing build not released to the public.

17.0.178 (6/29/2011)

1. Changed: Increased the limit of text allowed to be placed on the clipboard in a copy from 2MB to 16MB.
2. Fixed: Video transcodes (DLNA, Gizmo, etc.) would fail to delete temporary output files.
3. Fixed: PAL DVD's played with wrong aspect ratio on Gizmo.
4. Changed: MCC 30002 (MCC_PLAY_TV) now requires a parameter to indicate the user-assigned channel-number.
5. Changed: Added bitdepth (bitsPerSample) to parameters parsed when connecting to a DLNA server.
6. New: DLNA: Aggregate DVD's (ifo) will follow conversion rules (previously they were never converted). This allows them to be played to Xbox360 (wmv) as well as incorporate subtitles to renderers that don't handle separate sub files (ie, WDTV, PS3).
7. Fixed: DLNA, some fixes to mimetypes presented to renderers. May allow more items to play with some renderers when conversion is off.

17.0.177 (6/27/2012)

1. Fixed: Parametric Equalizer was not working properly in build 176.
2. Fixed: Loading a UTF-8 file that used a BOM did not work nicely.
3. Changed: CD ripping would show an unnecessary hour in the Action Window (ie. 0:42:30 instead of 42:30).

17.0.176 (6/26/2012)

1. Fixed: In Options > Encoding, using 'Encoder settings...' could cause the encoder selection to be reset.
2. NEW: Secure ripping is faster when using certain drives that may read slowly to reduce noise.
3. Changed: Tuned secure ripping cache defeating mechanism to defeat up to 2MB of drive cache even if the drive cache could not be detected properly.
4. Fixed: Video conversion for DLNA could fail on certain aspect ratio videos when going to WMV.
5. Fixed: Transitioning from an 8-bit file to an 8-bit µ-law encoded file could cause audio to play incorrectly.
6. Fixed: If playback of a file errored, then the last file in the playlist was played, that file could show an incorrect warning when it finished.
7. NEW: Added native support for AU and SND files.
8. Fixed: If playback of a playlist encountered an input file with an audio format that was not supported, it could lead to a crash in certain cases.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge HVR-1600 was mistakenly included in the list of tuners that can not run analog and digital tuners simultaneously.
10. Fixed: Video conversion to MPEG-2 was not working in the last few builds.
11. Changed: Improved the picture quality of converted MPEG-4 video (used by DLNA, handheld upload, etc.).

17.0.175 (6/25/2012)

1. Fixed: Quotes in the name of a track could cause WebGizmo playback to fail.
2. NEW: Thumbnails look better and perform faster when drawing at large sizes.
3. Fixed: Theater View could crash in rare cases due to a thread safety issue.
4. NEW: Add support for reading more info for database fields when connecting to a DLNA server.
5. Fixed: A seek or flush could cause the first subtitle to appear multiple times until the subtitle expired.

17.0.174 (6/21/2012)

1. Fixed: DLNA: One more instance of playlistContainer needed removing. Was still preventing some Onkyo renderers (and perhaps others) from working.
2. Fixed: TV recordings took too long to start in the last two builds.
3. Fixed: Scrolling player display text had a question mark embedded, rather than a graphic dot character.
4. Fixed: Move/Rename operation would fail on video files which shared cover art in the same folder as the video files.
5. Fixed: Some DVD movies when played over DLNA or on Gizmo would skip over sections.
6. Fixed: wmv conversion. New libavformat and libavcodec (version 54). Works with Xbox 360 and subtitles.

17.0.173 (6/14/2012)

1. Changed: Mono handling using 'No upmixing or downmixing' uses pseudo-stereo for music and the center speaker for videos (other than music videos).
2. Changed: Changed how JRiver URL Reader filter handle buffering by taking advantage of buffering info available in LAV splitter filter.  Should help YouTube
3. Fixed: Handheld sync with MTP devices was not working correctly because of a bug in creating the MC database on the device.
4. Changed: Camera acquisition from some device types (e.g. MTP) was dealing with images & videos anywhere on the device. Now it takes a user settable image source path defaulting to \DCIM\.

17.0.172 (6/12/2012)

1. Changed: More internal threading changes in television playback engine.
2. Changed: Build 171 would unintentionally show frames on images in Theater View.
3. Fixed: List truncation tool tips would look incorrect with build 171.
4. Changed: Carnac wouldn't understand Sage TV recordings when the counter number in the filename used 8 digits.
5. Changed: Playing Now Overview uses columns instead of stacked rows to show each zone.
6. Fixed: Playing Now Overview would not update nicely when zones were added or removed while it was showing.
7. Changed: Handheld conversion setting 'Simultaneous conversions' now applies to simultaneous downloads as well.
8. Fixed: Handheld sync from a library server was not obeying the "Enable DSP" flag so that volume leveling was always being performed.
9. Changed: While connected to a library server, "Enable DSP" is replaced with "Apply volume leveling" option in handheld conversion options.
10. Changed: When JRSS does center focused mixing (used for videos other than music videos), mono videos will output on the center speaker instead of as pseudo stereo.

17.0.171 (6/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working properly.
2. Fixed: Library-type search views were not working properly in Theater View (like the default Video > Guide > Search).
3. Changed: Clicking 'Save' in the image editor will apply and close any pending tool.
4. NEW: All thumbnail borders are drawn with skin items (that can be customized per skin).
5. Changed: Added 'Skip' cell drawing mode to skinning engine so a cell with no data (like the inside of a thumbnail frame) has no overhead (see Default Skin Items > main.xml > Border section for exmaples).
6. Changed: If thumbnail frames for images are disabled in Options, a drop shadow effect will be used in its place instead of the default thumbnail treatment.

17.0.170 (6/8/2012)

1. Changed: When using the mixing mode 'Clone side channels to rear speakers', if there's a rear center it will be used for the clone (at half-power to each rear) instead of the surrounds.
2. Fixed: Parts of the program that used a wait message could take longer to finish than expected.
3. Changed: Thumbnail borders are rendered at draw time instead of loaded into the thumbnail at load time (allows for more consistent sizing and more flexible styles).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail bordering to use a smaller, more subtle shadowing.
5. Fixed: 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing was not working properly for the rear speakers in some cases.
6. Changed: Added more logging of handheld calls to debug a rare crash that can occur when loading a handheld.
7. Fixed: Using a fadeout on stop would not work properly when Volume Protection was enabled.
8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).
10. Fixed: Improved remote button handling during Netflix movie playback.

17.0.169 (6/7/2012)

1. Changed: Carnac better supports videos with naming like "Movie.Title.To.Parse.2012.Extra.Stuff.1080p.mkv".
2. Fixed: When scrolling down in Theater View, the last row of thumbnails would not always be shown when selecting the second to last row.
3. Fixed: When buffering, the player area in Standard View would not always redraw nicely to show progress.
4. Fixed: Several tweaks and improvements to the support of large sector SACD ISO files.
5. Fixed: You can't name a top-level view "Advanced" or it vanishes.
6. Changed: DLNA: removed playlist containers completely. Was causing problems with some Onkyo models. Introduced in 17.0.134.
7. Fixed: JRSS 5.1 to 7.1 upmixing could cause the stereo separation in the SL / SR channels to be distorted.
8. Fixed: JRSS upmixing of 6.1 to 7.1 clones the rear center to the rears instead of building a rear by looking also at the surrounds.
9. Fixed: CD audio playback would stop at the end of a track, rather than moving forward to the next track (since build 163).

17.0.168 (6/6/2012)

1. Changed: The "Waiting..." OSD message at the start of television playback is replaced with channel/program info.
2. Fixed: Playing a DVD movie over DLNA could result in the non-default audio language being used. For example "Green Lantern" played in Spanish.

17.0.167 (6/5/2012)

1. Changed: We now always use "api.netflix.com" rather than switching to "api.netflix.ca" for computers with Canada as the locale country. The .ca api isn't supported by Netflix and using .com may make it work for VPN users.
2. Fixed: MC did not handle television signal problem or device problem gracefully during start of scheduled recordings.
3. Changed: Internal threading change in TV recording.
4. Fixed: DVD Videos burned with Media Center would not play on some models of DVD players (like Samsung Blu-ray).

jdewoody

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.182 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:19:08 pm »

Just updated to 17.0.182 and experienced something that has never happened before and has made me very unhappy. My rock/metal playlist was over 2000 songs. I clicked "removed duplicates" and it wiped the entire list. I thought it might be a fluke so I tried it on my "homework" playlist. It wiped it as well. Any ideas on what's going on?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

No idea.  MC makes automatic backups.  Try restoring.   File/Library....

jdewoody

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:56:36 pm »

No idea.  MC makes automatic backups.  Try restoring.   File/Library....

Thanks, that's better than nothing I guess. 400 songs added to the play list in 2 days gone but better than a complete redo. Luckily the second one I tried it on was to be deleted anyway. Hopefully someone can look into it and see if it's a bug. I'm sure folks would rather have the duplicates that an empty list.

J

adolfotregosa

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:44:45 am »

Is there any way to add video/x-matroska to dlna renderer list of supported formats manually??

Also make the refresh rate of the tv change with dlna videos ?

If only media server is running and you send a dlna video, nothing happens regarding video, only the sound is played.
If media center is open, video does not go full screen if you on a previous dlna video you made it window mode.

If you send video to another zone, media center does not reflect that on screen. We have to manually change zone.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 07:11:04 am »

I notice that the setting for Scrobbling is not Zone independent

I set up a separate zone for internet radio streams and do not want it to Scrobble, however I do want my regular music zone to Scrobble.

Considering that Zones have become the method of individualizing playback options for various media types shouldn't the settings be per-Zone rather than universal?

IMO this should be the case for most all playback settings, they should be Zone specific.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »

using the right-click command "Move / Copy fields" in the file list window to copy [YEAR] -to- [DATE] causes all Year tags to change to 1905 rather than to copy the correct Year to the Date field.

I have never seen this occur before but it did repeat.
. . . the game is rigged

dean70

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:55:41 pm »

I have noticed on startup in Theatre View, MC17.0.182 will crash shortly after startup only when a diferent zone (and subsequent audio output device) has been selected in the previous session. Restarting again after first crash is fine. This does not occur if the previous session zone (and audio output device) has not been changed.

This is also occurring after an upgrade (has been the case for the last few revisions). If you quickly switch to standard view before the application error, then switch back to theatre view after a few seconds, it continues to run without the application error in Theatre View.

audioriver

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 03:46:44 am »

I was used to almost instant updates when the LAV filters were updated. Is a MC update with LAV 0.51.3 coming soon? I seem to remember that manual replacement of LAV inside MC's AppData folder is not recommended.
Windows 10 Pro x64

HiFiTubes

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:45 pm »

New playlists get created outside of playlist groups and I moved a bunch of playlist into folders one by one. After restart, they all show up again outside folders, and repeated in folders. Deleting them all together does not work. They must be deleted one at a time. Double delete button works, but they show up again after MC restart (in two places).

Jong

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 03:57:36 am »

HiFiTubes

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 05:05:16 am »

Submitting tag changes immediately, and then closing MC means you can't re-open MC until all tags are done writing. Serious PITA if you close MC by accident and forgot you are tagging 100K files.

raldo

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 12:34:51 am »

I'm seeing a consistent crash when I first watch a DVD, stop the DVD and then attempt to watch a movie.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »

When using the Navigation toolbar button to go to "Favorites", they do not operate across Libraries.

Set Favorites in one Library, change to another Library, the Favorites do not work in spite of the fact that they point to Playlists and other Tree nodes which exist (in the same location) in both Libraries.

Change back to the original Library and they work properly once again. However, if you set them in the second Library they will work there but not when you return to the original Library.

Please make them either exclusive to each Library so they can be set independent of each other.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up