INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Tremote  (Read 1446 times)

mschneid

• World Citizen
Help Tremote
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »

I've spent 2 hours looking..... where is Tremote in mC17

I have a PC  connected to my preamp running MC with a large library.  My laptop works as a  client and will see the large library and play music on the laptop.

My android tablet runs gizmo and controls the PC/ preamp.  very cool!!

What do I do to get the laptop to control MC server and play music through the preamp/amp.

I must be blind but I can not find a pulldown called tremote... or .... find something called "there" in zones.

From what I can tell.... I need to set up a new zone on my laptop which is set to "there" and then my laptop will control the MC server and play music out of the MC server outputs.

(but I will be damned if I can find it)
TIA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help Tremote
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:43:58 pm »

On the client, you load the library from the server.  File, Library, Load Library.

Under Playing Now, on the client, you should see two choices.  One is your client PC and the other is the server.  If you click on the server, you will be playing to it.

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:03:33 pm »

Thanks

But I don't see this...

I see
Overview
Player
Player (zone 2)
Folder  Playing from Pc
Which allow me to manage the local or the server library

I see the button which "should" show the server zones...   (17.182 build) but it does not seem to make a difference.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 01:55:32 am »

For the last week or so I thought I was losing my mind.  I am a long time user and have now "lost" the Tremote capability on one of my secondary machines.  I assumed I was doing something stupid but seeing your post I dug into it a little deeper.  I have the same thing happening.  One of my machines I can no longer control the WHoleHouseMusic zone as you can see from the two snaps attached.

One install is as it should be and for some reason I have lost the Tremote on the other as the remote zones show up but only as "local" zones.  As you can see the librarys are set up the same.

I realize I still may be doing something stupid but can someone help me understand what that is?

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:18 am »

So... It turns out that my User account was screwed up in some funky way.
I happened to try loading JRiver client from a different user account on the same PC and Presto. 
"There" magically appeared.  Works great... now I wish I had done this a while ago...

I spent some time trying to understand just what was wrong with my existing user account but I punted in the end and just made a new account..
The bad account was acting as if it were a general user account but it claimed to have admin privleges..
Turned out that I could not reset the account with the standard steps.

PIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up