INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing cover art when playing  (Read 2891 times)

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Losing cover art when playing
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:03:19 pm »

I have a stable set up and no software changes have been made.

A few days ago I noticed that a significant number of tracks (but not all) lost their link to the external cover art file as soon as they started playing. The image file shows as blank. QuicK Find immediately replaces it. I can't see any pattern as sometimes a track fails to display art and some times it is ok. An external file has been my choice since I installed MC17 but I only noticed this error a few days ago.

As it appears to me, for the present, to be random does anybody have any suggestions where I might look.

Thanks in advance.
John

chstuart

• Recent member
Re: Losing cover art when playing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:09:11 am »

I have the same problem, but have narrowed it down to only tracks that have been put into playlists. Some tracks seem to "forget" where the art is when I put them in a playlist. All other tracks in the same album are fine, except the ones in a playlist. I have been asking about this issue for several months with no reply.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 12:11:22 pm »

Hi
I'm afraid your theory doesn't work for me as most of my files are not in playlists. Release 186 installed today and I haven't seen it happen once but that almost certainly is a coincidence. When it happens again I will try to establish the circumstances a little better.

I am surprised this hasn't been picked up as a bug. It's certainly solid when it happens. I'll post any further information as I get it'

John

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:36 pm »

Could this be the same issue as reported here? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73661.0

It has now been reported as a bug.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:33 am »

I have more information.

My cover art is stored in a named folder and not in the metadata. The album I have investigated is not in any playlist.

I have been using MC 17 for a few days without this problem occuring. After playing several albums today I went to album X and it immediately failed to display cover art. I found there were image file links for all tracks except playing now. The cover art was lost for the next track after moving automatically or manually for every track I tried. I did quick find for a couple of missing tracks no problems. Because I had been on for some time I decided to close down and retry.

I went straight in via the normal artists screen and the same thing happened - cover art links disappeared.
Except that the links that I had just previously refreshed did show the normal cover art but those I hadn't refreshed just disappeared as before. It was as if the link in the image file field was not being read until it was refreshed with quick find if that makes sense.

Hope this helps
John

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
Re: Losing cover art when playing (solved)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »

I have found what was causing my problem and I regret to say it was my data.

I had renamed (slightly) a couple of dozen albums a few weeks ago. I also renamed the image file. I forgot, for these items, to relink them so they still had the old file name as the link. The change was only a couple of underscores............but anyway - easily fixed.

Apologies for the diversion.

John

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 10:45:41 am »

MC is "eating" my cover art, using MC15 when playing
MT5FR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 11:20:57 am »

MC is "eating" my cover art, using MC15  ? when playing
If it's a bug, and I don't think it is, it's a little late to report it.

There are some well known problems with Windows Home Server and WMP replacing cover art.  I don't believe MC has ever lost any.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 08:16:38 am »

If it's a bug, and I don't think it is, it's a little late to report it.

Jim i just report what i see, this is new to me and it is not happening "all the time", right now i have no clue what's causing it, but since it has been reported by other users i thought i would mention i've seen it as well.
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up