INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art???  (Read 2893 times)

chstuart

• Recent member
Cover Art???
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »

I am having trouble getting cover art to display when playing music from playlists.  I have cover art settings under Options set to "In the same folder as file" and "also store image in file's tag".  When I go to locate the file inside Media Jukebox all the songs on the album have art displayed except the ones in a playlists. Somehow the songs that are put in a playlist forget were the art file is even if the art file is saved in the tag.  Is there a quick remidy for this or do have to go back and re-link individual cover art to thousands of songs? Thanks!

chstuart

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art???
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:04:03 am »

Anyone?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:34:48 pm »

You're probably not getting a response because you're describing something very strange that no one is able to reproduce. It might help if you can describe exactly, step-by-step, how to reproduce this. From your description, it seems you must be starting from a playlist view (which could be Playing Now). Do the thumbnails appear there? It then sounds like you're using a Locate...On disk (inside MC) to view a file list of the disk folder that contains the selected file. Do you mean to say the files in the playlist do not display a thumbnail in the resulting list view, but all the rest do? What about files included in other playlists?

What happens when you start from a normal Album view? Select an album that's displaying thumbnails for all it's tracks and add one track to a playlist. Does the thumbnail instantly disappear, or does it do so sometime later? As you're testing such things, it will help to display the [Image File] field. It will tell you the source of the file from which the thumbnail has been built. If that's a file name or 'Inside File' but there is no thumbnail, try Cover Art > Rebuild thumbnail. (If that causes the thumbnail to reappear, maybe the problem is with the thumbnail database, and the solution is to rebuild all the thumbnails.) It will also help to display the actual cover in the tag window (open the tag window and click on the thumbnail). That will provide visual confirmation of what is being used as the original cover. Finally, [Playlists] will tell you what playlist a file has been added to.

If you can't reproduce the problem consistently by doing these things, is there anything else you might have done in the past that could have caused it. For example, might you have attempted to assign a cover to a playlist? Or Artist images to the files included in a playlist?

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:54:23 am »

I also see this (in MC 18).

For me it happens when I use Play doctor to generate a playlist and it only affects (flac) files that has a folder.jpg and no embedded cover art. The cover art disappears when the file is played. No cover art is displayed in the detached player display view or the tag action window and the [Image File] field is cleared. Since the [Image File] field is cleared upon playing the cover art cannot be seen in any view.

Starting playback from another view does not have this issue. (I do not use saved playlists so I do not know if those are affected in some way).

Doing Update library (from tags) or Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory (capitalization taken directly from the right click menu) finds the cover art again once the file has finished playing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

If you haven't done so, please add it to the build thread as a bug.

vagskal

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »

vagskal

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 01:10:21 am »

There have now been two more recent independent reports about what I suspect is the same issue:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74522.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74708.0

chstuart

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 08:55:17 am »

All I can tell you is that only files that are in playlists lose their cover art. All other files within an album are just fine. This problem does not happen with every file in a playlist, but maybe about 10% lose their cover art when placed into a playlist. Every other file in the album show that the art is located “Inside File” except those that are in a playlist.

Occasionally, I can use the “Quick Find File/Cover Art Directory” function, but most of the time I have to manually redirect the file to the album art in the album folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up