INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.70 -- Available Here  (Read 14102 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.70 -- Available Here
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:32:00 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180070.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.70 (11/6/2012)

1. Fixed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could (still) appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
2. Fixed: Volume hotkeys (remote or keyboard) were running the system volume instead of the Media Center volume (which might be set to 'Internal Volume', etc.) on Windows 8.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .53.  Many fixes and changes, especially in DVD playback.
5. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.84.7 when using Red October HQ.
6. Changed: DVD playback in Red October HQ mode now uses LAV video decoding and madVR rendering.  Previously it used the Microsoft decoder and EVR.

18.0.69 (11/5/2012)

1. Changed: The expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) only prepends the word "Season " to numeric season values, so using a word like "Specials" won't end up as "Season Specials".
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: Configuring Convolution before audio playback had begun could lead to a crash.
4. Changed: When switching to Display View or Theater View from server mode, Standard View will first be shown and its position validated (this should be invisible to the user, but may fix rare video playback issues).
5. Fixed: 32-bit integer output was not working properly with Kernel Streaming or WASAPI output.
6. Changed: Added variable [AllSameArtist] that can be used in a Theater View caption expression.
7. Changed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
8. Changed: Language names for the on screen display are built using the ITrackInfo interface of LAV so that they work better across different videos.
9. Changed: In DVB television playback, if video PID is zero MC will not play the channel in time-shifting mode.
10. Changed: Blu-ray title selection from the OSD shows the duration of each title and doesn't switch titles until 'Enter' is pressed.

18.0.68 (11/1/2012)

1. Changed: The keyboard / remote volume keys would not work even when Media Center had the focus on Windows 7 + Intellitype or Windows 8 (seems like a Microsoft bug with a surprising workaround, so feedback appreciated).
2. Fixed: The memory playback option could cause troubles when playing a SACD.
3. Faster: Improved the performance of DST decompression (used with DSD files).
4. Fixed: MP4 files (including ALAC) created in MC were not properly tagged, resulting in some applications not being able to read the tags.
5. Changed: When starting playback of a saved Playchart, the program plays in Play Doctor mode.
6. Changed: When playing a playlist that contained random results (Playchart or smartlist) from Theater View, the same list could play each time unless you navigated to a different view to force a refresh.
7. Changed: Added the expression TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) to output 'Season 1', 'Season 2', etc.
8. Changed: Season artwork will be used when a category is based on TVInfo(SeasonDisplay) (if you reset your Theater View views in the last couple builds, please do so again).
9. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, the process runs in a background thread and shows progress in the Action Window (instead of blocking the main program).
10. NEW: When manually doing a bulk lookup of TV or movie metadata, control is offered for whether it should get images, metadata, and/or replace existing values.
11. Fixed: Bluray and DVD logos were not appearing in the bottom right corner of Theater View flow views when connected to a library server.
12. Fixed: In certain cases, Convolution would not engage properly when configuring it for the first time ever.
13. NEW: Convolution optionally searches for the best match configuration file based on the input format and uses it if a better match is found.
14. NEW: The OSD shows format information below languages.

18.0.67 (10/31/2012)

1. Changed: Revised the default 'Series' view in Theater View so that shows without a series name use the program name (instead of all being lumped into an 'Unassigned' bucket).
2. Fixed: An empty expression could display as an error (only applies to the last few builds).
3. NEW: Added support for 'Sony Pictures Digital Wave 64' (.w64) audio format.
4. Fixed: Removed "Recently Watched" category from Netflix since it's not available from their API anymore.

18.0.66 (10/30/2012)

1. Changed: Formatting of the short date format (used in Theater View and elsewhere) respects the year, month, day order system setting.
2. Changed: Updated simplified Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
3. Changed: Improved the file info template that's shown for a Netflix TV series in Theater View.
4. Fixed: The custom star character introduced in build 65 could draw with a circle around it.
5. Changed: Video playback from a URL works better with filters like LAV that read, seek back, seek forward, and read again (so really aren't seeking at all).
6. Fixed: Serving from a UNC / mapped drive could fail if the drive needed a mount (like right after a reboot).
7. Fixed: Remote zones could cause shutdown of Media Center to be slower than necessary.
8. Changed: Playback of Blu-ray with Library Server would take around 20 seconds before showing the error 'Blu-ray playback over Library Server is not supported' (it still isn't supported, but now the error shows right away).
9. Fixed: In cases where LAV could not return the position or duration (like during some URL playback), position or duration values in the player bar could show unexpected values.
10. Changed: When skipping navigation levels that only contain one choice in Theater View, the title at the top shows the text of the item you picked instead of the text of the skipped item.
11. Changed: Revised default Theater View views for television (merged 'Series' and 'Season' views, use 'Season 3' instead of '3' at the season level, sorting is by season, episode, etc.).
12. Fixed: Theater View could show '0 minutes' for short videos instead of something like '15 seconds'.

18.0.65 (10/29/2012)

1. Fixed: If a time-shift (DST, BST, etc.) occurred in the middle of EPG data, it could cause programs to appear at the wrong time.
2. Changed: Netflix API url changed to api-public.netflix.com because the old one (api.netflix.com) is going away on November 7.
3. Fixed: When a TV Show does not have a time as part of it's date, it would show 12:00am in Theater View.
4. NEW: Theater View captions can use the variables [AllSameSeries] and [AllSameSeason] to change the caption based on the context of the list.
5. Changed: Lots of tuning to Theater View captions and file info templates, especially for television (shows season / episode, has watch marks, etc.).
6. Changed: Tweaked formatting of some expressions like TVInfo(SizeDisplay), TVInfo(SeasonEpisode), and others to use more concise syntax.
7. Changed: Added date formatting tokens 'shortdate' and 'shortdatetime' used in Theater View.
8. Changed: The Watched() expression function takes an optional mode, and mode 1 returns a numeric code useful for caption expressions.
9. Fixed: Drawing of partially transparent text onto other partially transparent backgrounds was drawing the new text with too much prominence.
10. Changed: Added expression function Delimit(...) to output a value and a delimiter but do nothing if the value is empty (so If(IsEmpty([Track #]), , [Track #].) becomes Delimit([Track #], .)).
11. Fixed: Television engine could load a channel of wrong type which would prevent a correct channel from being played.
12. Changed: The font engine uses a custom image for the star character so that it will work with any font.
13. Fixed: OSD "Adding required components..." was not displayed when television engine downloaded components.

18.0.64 (10/26/2012)

1. NEW: Theater View file captions are part of the File Info Template system so are more easily customizable (sorry, but this requires a reset of File Info Template customization).
2. Fixed: The DSD encoder was not accepting 192KHz input.
3. Faster: DSD encoding is faster.
4. Changed: Theater View offers a Russian keyboard (thanks to Nickolay V).
5. NEW: Added RatingStars() expression to return the rating as star characters.
6. Fixed: The display of actors and other list fields for Netflix movies in Theater View was not formatted properly.

18.0.63 (10/25/2012)

1. NEW: Added DSD encoder with support for 1x and 2x DSD stored in a DSF file (encoding uses 64-bit data path, JRiver's audiophile-grade upsampler, and 7th order noise shaping + dither).
2. NEW: Added the ASIO option 'Play silence on pause (instead of performing a hardware level pause)' to workaround devices that don't nicely pause or resume.
3. Fixed: Lyrics was truncated to 255 bytes when tagging mp4/m4a files.

18.0.62 (10/25/2012)

1. NEW: Added the ability to output 32-bit integer (configure with DSP Studio > Output Format > Bitdepth).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zagor

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 18.0.70 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:32:41 am »

Matt, I couldn't reply in 18.0.68 entry (it is closed to reply), so I am using this. And also I upgraded to 18.0.70 and the problem continues.

I converted my 8000+ ape files to ALAC with MC 18.0.63, and now I couldn't play any of them after MC 18.0.66.
During this period I made several restarts and no other program is running while I'm trying to play the ALAC files.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

I converted my 8000+ ape files to ALAC with MC 18.0.63, and now I couldn't play any of them after MC 18.0.66.
During this period I made several restarts and no other program is running while I'm trying to play the ALAC files.

It's possible you got hit by this (now fixed) bug:
18.0.68 (11/1/2012)
Fixed: MP4 files (including ALAC) created in MC were not properly tagged, resulting in some applications not being able to read the tags.

I'm sorry, but you may need to run the conversion again.  Please start a new thread if you'd like to discuss more.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:35 pm »

Skin Manager is still 'missing'

. . . . or was it intentionally removed?

?
. . . the game is rigged

Trumpetguy

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

18.0.70 (11/6/2012)

6. Changed: DVD playback in Red October HQ mode now uses LAV video decoding and madVR rendering.  Previously it used the Microsoft decoder and EVR.

I now expected DVDs and vobs to playback ok even with large convolution filter delays. It turns out it stutters just as bad as before. If I deactivate convolution playback is ok, as at was also in previous builds.

My computer has a benchmark >4000, and should be powerful enough for the task. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:16 pm »

I now expected DVDs and vobs to playback ok even with large convolution filter delays. It turns out it stutters just as bad as before. If I deactivate convolution playback is ok, as at was also in previous builds.

The issue with the navigator, which is still used.

More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.msg472417#msg472417

stewart_pk

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52:05 pm »

Using a mouse wheel on the volume slider does not constantly show the volume level.
You have to move the mouse cursor at least a little bit to see the new volume value.
Version 17 did not have this problem.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:53 pm »

Very jittery video playback with VOB videos.  I can't watch movies with MC18 now.
MC 17 plays the same videos smoothly.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »

Try Red October Std.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:23 pm »

Try Red October Std.

Workin' late are we Jim?

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:36 pm »

Try Red October Std.

OK...  while the jitter settled some (Still not as it should be), the Audio is now totally off by a few mS.

<edit>  rev .0.68 was fine.  
I have a 2.9 GHz Athalon Quad with 6GB RAM... Didn't have the problem before this rev.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:34 am »

The issue with the navigator, which is still used.

More here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.msg472417#msg472417

Ah, right, my mistake. Sorry about that. Using MadVR instead of EVR is a good thing by itself, though.
Is there any plans for replacing the navigator?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:08:57 am »

When converting files (in this case FLAC to mp3) MC will sometimes leave the "CANCEL" button in the "Conversion Progress" window after the process is actually Complete.

This leads one to wonder about the success of the conversion and if MC is 'hung' on a file.
. . . the game is rigged

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:22 am »

Hi !

a littel bug :

Update Channels => Check for updates (choice : beta with password) => THERE WAS A PROBLEM CHECKING FOR UPDATES §

Please, fix it !

Thanks

Jean-Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:50:41 am »

It's not a bug.  Beta builds are only available to the beta team.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 02:55:50 pm »

Hi Jim !

this bug exists really :

Update Channels =>
Check for update (choice: Stable, Latest and or beta) =>
THERE WAS A PROBLEM CHECKING FOR UPDATES !

Jim, the choice "beta" before MC18080 was not reserved to the beta team, sorry !

audioriver

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 03:53:00 am »

For the last couple of updates, in madVR's settings, I get various irrelevant devices (3 Dell monitors, 2 Acers and a generic non-PNP monitor) instead of the ones I use. If I delete them and restart, madVR finds the correct ones but after this new update they are back again. (Win 8 x64)
Windows 10 Pro x64

dvdende

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 06:16:54 am »

Hi,

When activating in 18.0.69 my convolution config file which was not completely right, MC shuts down. In 17 it will give the message 'Not valid'.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:55 am »

Jim, the choice "beta" before MC18080 was not reserved to the beta team, sorry !

It always was. You always needed the password for the beta option.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 06:38:17 am »

No more delay before opening video as per my thread HERE:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75068.0

Nice one guys, maybe the MadVr update playing better with my system?

lazy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 09:41:46 am »

For the last couple of builds playback breaks up when I try to convert audio from say flac to ape. Yes, I know this is tolling the CPU but this has not happened on earlier builds (I think). But absolutly not with v17. Not very important, but slightly annoying. BTW, audio breaks up when I analyse tracks also, if that gives any clues.

Media Center
    Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 18\
    Interface Plugins: TiVo Server (not running)
    JRMark: never run
    Library: 70215 files, 8,9 MB in library, 625 MB in thumbnails
    Resources: 101 MB memory, 640 handles
    Version: 18.0.70.0 Registered
Computer
    ACPI x64-based PC (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
Disk drives
    Generic Compact Flash USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic microSD USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic MS/MS-PRO USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic SD/MMC USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic SM/xD-Picture USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    WD 10EACS External USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    WD 10EACS External USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    WD Ext HDD 1021 USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    WD Ext HDD 1021 USB Device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
Display adapters
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (driver 8.17.12.6785)
DriverInterface
    Logitech Driver Interface (driver 5.33.10.0)
DVD/CD-ROM drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH70N (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
Human Interface Devices
    HID-compliant consumer control device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    HID-compliant consumer control device (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    HID-compliant device (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    USB Input Device (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
Keyboards
    Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard (driver 5.33.10.0)
Memory
    Free Physical Memory: 5,1 GB
    Total Memory: 8,0 GB
Mice and other pointing devices
    HID-compliant Mouse (driver 5.33.10.0)
    Logitech HID-compliant Touch Pad Mouse (driver 5.33.10.0)
Monitors
    Generic PnP Monitor (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic PnP Monitor (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
Network adapters
    Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (driver 11.8.74.0)
Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Portable Devices
    U:\ (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    V:\ (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    W:\ (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    X:\ (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Y:\ (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
Processors
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
Sound, video and game controllers
    High Definition Audio Device (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Realtek High Definition Audio (driver 6.0.1.6194)
    USB Audio DAC    (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
Storage controllers
    Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller (driver 10.0.0.1046)
Storage volume shadow copies
    Generic volume shadow copy (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    Generic volume shadow copy (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
System devices
    2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family DRAM Controller - 0100 (driver 9.2.0.1011)
    2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family PCI Express Controller - 0101 (driver 9.2.0.1011)
    ACPI Fixed Feature Button (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    ACPI Power Button (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Composite Bus Enumerator (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Direct memory access controller (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    File as Volume Driver (driver 6.1.7600.16385)
    High Definition Audio Controller (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    High Definition Audio Controller (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    High precision event timer (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller - 1C22 (driver 9.2.0.1011)
    Intel(R) H67 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C4A (driver 9.2.0.1015)
    Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Microsoft Virtual Drive Enumerator Driver (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Motherboard resources (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Numeric data processor (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    PCI bus (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Programmable interrupt controller (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    SXUPTP Driver (driver 3.3.8.0)
    System board (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    System CMOS/real time clock (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    System speaker (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    System timer (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Terminal Server Keyboard Driver (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Terminal Server Mouse Driver (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    UMBus Enumerator (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    UMBus Enumerator (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    UMBus Root Bus Enumerator (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Volume Manager (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
Universal Serial Bus controllers
    Generic USB Hub (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D (driver 9.2.0.1013)
    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 (driver 9.2.0.1013)
    USB Composite Device (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    USB Mass Storage Device (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    USB Root Hub (driver 6.1.7601.17514)
    USB Root Hub (driver 6.1.7601.17514)

psam

• World Citizen
More problems with .cue cuesheets
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 01:14:36 pm »

Apart from the problem I have already reported (playing only track #1 of an album), I discovered there is also a problem with importing such albums.
In previous versions, id I had a foo.flac and a foo.cue file in the same directory, the directory import function would import the individual tracks in the library.
Now, it imports only the main .flac file, so I cannot see the individual tracks , instead one track with a duration of 45 minutes for example.
If I import the foo.cue file manually by drag & dropping it to "Playing Now", I get the tracks in the library but the whole album still appears as a (long) track.

I hope this problem with the .cue files is solved, otherwise I need to convert manually all these albums to individual tracks!

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »

I too am picking up some random short screen freezes when playing DVD's on my two HTPC's.  Even on my SSD based i7 2600k, Nvidia GTX570 box where it is hard to image hardware power is an issue.  Everything played smooth pre v18.0.70.  Sure I could drop RO HQ but that seems like a step backwards.

FastKayak / Larry

locust

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

This is the third time this has happened to me... The first time I thought it was something I did..

The theater view file info templates.xml keeps getting wiped and when opened it only shows.
The <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Templates Version="1.9"/>

I've had to repeatedly pull the file from my backups to replace it. recently I haven't been going into the customise file info panel at all, so I don't believe it is anything I have done..

Also to note, when replacing the file I have make sure that media center is not a running process, otherwise as soon as the file is copied the file is emptied of all settings only showing what is above.

Any ideas?

thanks

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 04:25:35 pm »

Open the Options dialog, type in a filter at the bottom of the page, click OK and Media Center crashes. Works fine if no filter is typed in.

Faulting application name: Media Center 18.exe, version: 18.0.70.0, time stamp: 0x5099919d
Faulting module name: Media Center 18.exe, version: 18.0.70.0, time stamp: 0x5099919d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x003262c9
Faulting process id: 0x103c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdbec239442d4c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 18\Media Center 18.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 18\Media Center 18.exe
Report Id: 66bfd5ce-2abb-11e2-9b98-6cf049dd5f1b

locust

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »

This is the third time this has happened to me... The first time I thought it was something I did..

The theater view file info templates.xml keeps getting wiped and when opened it only shows.
The <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Templates Version="1.9"/>

I've had to repeatedly pull the file from my backups to replace it. recently I haven't been going into the customise file info panel at all, so I don't believe it is anything I have done..

Also to note, when replacing the file I have make sure that media center is not a running process, otherwise as soon as the file is copied the file is emptied of all settings only showing what is above.

Any ideas?

thanks

It has happened again, seems to be doing it everyday now

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »

Using Black on Black. v70.  When hovering the mouse over the pause, forward and backwards buttons in standard view (full screen or otherwise) the button changes to blue.  Doing the same thing on the STOP button does not work. If you leave the mouse there for long enough it does change to blue but stays blue when the mouse is removed.
Not the world's most interesting find:)
Craig

mnarwold

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:54 pm »

my iPod video (5.5 gen) will begin to sync but then crash MC 18. Same iPod works in MC 17. The sync successfully gets files transferred to iPod, but it only last for a few seconds to a minute before MC 18 crashes.
Windows 7
iPod is running version 1.3
The crash report from windows says the following (not sure if this is helpful)
 Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Media Center 18.exe
  Application Version:   18.0.70.0
  Application Timestamp:   5099919d
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.17725
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4ec49b8f
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00033325
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

nsteele

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 12:49:25 pm »

When importing existing FLAC files into the 18 library (tagged by 17 & prior versions), the date field is not being properly read/imported and these files are being imported blank (with no value) in the date field tag. This has been the case in all versions of 18 thus far except some early ones as some of my db were imported correctly at first.  Deleting files with no dates from the library and then re-importing still results in no date value.  Looking at the exact same files with version 17.0.189 (and all versions prior) properly shows the date values in the tag.

Steve Aresti

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »

I have recently purchased MC 17-18 0 70, the skin's manager is missing on the 18 model, and I also find the search arrangement too complex, I have read using (ctr F) but I have the old Musicmutch Jukebox, and you can pick any song file out, in a split second, out of 20 000 files in the library. I haven't managed to do that with J River.

Mc 17-18 its an advance player, but I find it too difficult to operate, as a layman, thouhg I love the sound that it puts out, especially uesing reverse polarity. I'll keep practicing and reading the help info !!

Many Thanks

Best regards

Steve

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:58 pm »

Long time follower, first time poster.  A big fan of MC!

When opening a MMS URL in MC18, I get the following error "Something went wrong with playback. Details: Unable to acquire DRM media rights. (hr=0xc00d2ee3)."

This works properly in MC17, and worked in MC16 as well.  It's opening a URL to stream Sirius stations (through SiriusXMStreamer running in the background).

Keith

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:37 am »

When I click on "Podcast Home"  from the podcast menu, the left pane suddenly has a large blank screen pop up in front of it.  I have to click on another (visible) menu such as Audio to get rid of it.  If I click on any other button in the podcast menu, this does not occur.
<edit>  I've tried it in different skins with the same results.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:59 am »

When I click on "Podcast Home"  from the podcast menu, the left pane suddenly has a large blank screen pop up in front of it.  I have to click on anther (visible) menu such as Audio to get rid of it.  If I click on any other button in the podcast menu, this does not occur.
<edit>  I've tried it in different skins with the same results.

I reported this here also....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74716.msg506593#msg506593

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 10:45:00 am »

On a different subject...

Are there any plans to bring the "Black and Blue" skin to MC18?
Pages: [1]   Go Up