INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iTunes 11 caution  (Read 4854 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
iTunes 11 caution
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »

I updated iTunes from 10.7 to 11 today on my Windows 8 system and wasted 4 hours trying to make it work before downgrading back to 10.7.

My system would partially hang during startup resulting in most startup apps not loading and the desktop becoming very unstable.

I suspect a conflict between iTunes and one of DropBox, Google Drive, Air Video Server, or FileZilla server.

To make matters worse, iTunes 11's user interface is a big step backwards in my opinion.

Be aware that to downgrade you need to restore a backup of your library so you would be very wise to make a backup before upgrading.

If anyone experiences similar problems and finds a solution a post here would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iTunes 11 warning
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 08:04:29 pm »

sunfire7

Re: iTunes 11 caution
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:57:21 pm »

Working fine here, even the export to itunes thing in MC works ok (with a minor GUI fails since last MC 18 update). I have dropbox installed.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

rjm

Re: iTunes 11 caution
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:05:29 pm »

Did some searching but did not find anyone reporting the same problem I experienced. I did however find a forum with 10+ pages of people reporting iTunes 11 bugs and complaints. No one seems happy with 11.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions

I also saw some comments that Windows 8 is not yet officially supported. Looking at the Apple download page this may in fact be true for iCloud (iTunes does support Win8). Perhaps lack of full Windows 8 iCloud compatibility explains my experience. Some users report no problems with Windows 8 so it's gray.
Pages: [1]   Go Up