INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program crashing when trying to view video via DLNA  (Read 1367 times)

Simonsmp

Program crashing when trying to view video via DLNA
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »

Hi all,

I've just set the program up for the first time, for use mainly with DLNA but also for a media player on my PC. PC is going fine, playing music no problems, but when I try to access a video from my TV via DLNA, it disconnects and I come back to my PC and find that the program has crashed. I tried looking through posts for anything similar, but couldn't find anything. Do I have a setting set wrong somewhere?

I've attached the log for what happened (I think), I reset the log, went and did the action, reopened the application and got this. If it's not right, let me know and I'll try produce another.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Program crashing when trying to view video via DLNA
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:31:01 am »

Make sure you're using the latest.  It's currently 18.0.94, at the top of the MC18 board.

What filetype?  What conversion setting?

Does the file play on the PC?

A firewall could cause a problem.

Simonsmp

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:07:25 am »

Thanks for the response!

I was trying to open a .avi, tried .mkv as well. I have the latest version, 18.0.94.

Not sure of the conversion settings, assuming the default as I don't think I've changed them.

As for a firewall, was just looking through the allowances. Is it one of the media center extenders that need to be enabled? As far as I can see, they are all disabled, but allowed.

NoDigital

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:26:21 am »

I experience the same problems.  As soon as I select to play a movie from my Samsung TV it crashes MC.  Using the latest version on Win 8.  All content plays fine when streamed from another MC instance to another TV - Just cant DLNA from the Samsung to MC (But,  can stream the same content  via DLNA using Twonky on my QNAP NAS).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »

Can you try a current build (>=18.0.95) and a mpeg2/dvd or mpeg4ts conversion?
Pages: [1]   Go Up