INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebGizmo won't work [Solved]  (Read 7834 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
WebGizmo won't work [Solved]
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:24 am »

I followed the wiki on how to setup WebGizmo. I can get to the library server page, the WebRemote works but webGizmo does not. I get the typical IE page not found error
Ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Network Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:29:11 am »

I followed the wiki on how to setup WebGizmo. I can get to the library server page, the WebRemote works but webGizmo does not. I get the typical IE page not found error
Ideas?

Make sure you're using MC18.

All the servers are shared, so if WebRemote is there, WebGizmo should be there.

This is the default URL if you test on the machine running the server:
http://localhost:52199/Gizmo/
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:48:22 am »

Yes I am on a trial of MC 18. I have a license for MC 12. I installed MC 18 on a different computer

http://localhost:52199/LibraryServer takes me to the library server page
http://localhost:52199/WebRemote takes me to the web remote. It functions fine, I can select Playing Now and Library sucessfully
http://localhost:52199/Gizmo takes me to 404 Not Found

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 09:14:14 am »

Yes I am on a trial of MC 18. I have a license for MC 12. I installed MC 18 on a different computer

http://localhost:52199/Gizmo takes me to 404 Not Found
That works for me.  Make sure you don't have Media Server from MC12 running somewhere.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:34:56 am »

Thanks for the reply. No MC 12 is no longer in service. Long story short. I am a mainlobby user and was happily using MC 12 with the Cinemar musiclobby plugin. Because of hardware issues I updated to ML4 and musiclobby 4 (which negates JRiver) Musiclobby 4 altho a good product does not suit the way I play or manage my music (or maybe old habits die hard). My collection contains over 1,500 cd's (21,000 some odd tracks) I am hoping to come back to MC but the webgizmo will be the deciding factor. I have my music on a box with 2 M-Audio 1010lt sound cards which plug directly into a Nuvo whole house audio system. I don't have the need to stream the music anywhere but I do need remote control of the player from several locations around the house. I was hoping to be able to use weblobby to access webgizmo. I have a thin client network with several "clients" that access Mainlobby through terminal services. Testing so far shows the WebRemote to work exactly as desired, now to get WebGizmo to work

My test environment...

I copied the music folder (550+GB of flac files) to another computer, installed MC 18 and imported the music folder locally to the box. Other than being on the same network (different Vlan) there is no connection between the services and MC 12 does not reside on the network

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WebGizmo won't work
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 09:45:08 am »

It doesn't make any sense that two of the three would work.

Try from another PC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 10:13:08 am »

You might try Options > Media Network > WebGizmo > Appearance.  Make sure you are using 'Default'.  Browse the appearance folder and confirm files are there.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 10:20:56 am »

Ok, I tried it on my wife's computer and it appeared to work, however she has no media files. I checked my desktop like suggested and there are files there. I will try an uninstall and reinstall so I can see what it looks like with media

Thanks for the help, you guys rock! The last 4 months have been miserable without MC.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »

Just wanted to say Thanks! in a big time way. I have MC 18 Media Network working completely, even on my Thin Client network and WebGizmo is functioning from with the Cinemar WebLobby App :)

Now to finalize the whole scenario, I need to find a way to export parts of the metadata on the fly for the currently playing Artist, Album and Title to either Cinemar or Homeseer, so I can feed that information to my Betabrite signs. If there is a way to write that information to a file, I would be able to write a script to get that info into Homeseer... Projects never end :)

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: WebGizmo won't work [Solved]
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 05:59:52 am »

If you figure out a way to do that with Homeseer, will you post it?

Thanks!
GB
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

mixsterdude

Re: WebGizmo won't work [Solved]
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:59 am »

I would like to add to this thread because I had the same issue.  The LibraryServer page came up and WebRemote worked but WebGizmo didn't.  In addition, Gizmo on my android phone worked.  On my iPad when I clicked on the link on the LibraryServer page for WebGizmo it would just display a blank page.

I finally fixed it by explicitly setting the default appearance.  Even though you would think the appearance is set to default, it appears that it's not.  Go to Tools/Options/Media Network/WebGizmo and click on "Appearance" and even though "Default" is checked click on "Browse appearances folder..." and navigate to ....LibraryServer/Gizmo/Default.  I know it's odd, but it worked for me.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up