INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug? DLNA AVTransport event shows previous track  (Read 1621 times)

dcorsus

Bug? DLNA AVTransport event shows previous track
« on: January 30, 2013, 06:09:03 pm »

I'm a developer of home automation SW and DLNA functions. One of my users reported an issue where the track information is not updated properly. So I installed v18.0.106 and saw the same problem. I hope the JRiver developers read this, here is the description.

Put a number of tracks in the JRiver playlist/queue. Use a DLNA controller or any UPNP snooping tool which subscribes to service AVTransport events and now watch the events. Don't use the next track button, just let the player play. After a few track changes you see that the event information is not correct. It starts containing the previous track information instead of the current. I also see the play state bouncing between playing and transitioning (have the impression when that happens, it triggers the out of sync event info). The tracks I play comes from a local NAS. The problem so far happens each time I try it. When I hit "Next track" the event info seem to be correct again for a few tracks and then it get off again. For the DLNA experts, when you issue a AVTransport:GetMediaInfo, the right track metadata shows up, so it appears to be only the events which are wrong.

Hope any JRiver developer sees this, wasn't sure how to report a potential but. Will be more than happy to provide more information.

Dirk

dcorsus

Re: Bug? DLNA AVTransport event shows previous track
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »

Easy to prove .....

Run JRiver on 2 different computers on the same network.

If you set the option to have the JRiver app as "DLNA Controller" (Tools>Options>Media Network>Advanced), you can play something on lets say player one, then use player two but just click on the "Playing Now" for player one. Now watch player two, after a while they are out of sunc.

Dirk
Pages: [1]   Go Up