INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: 18.0.129 build - time counter stops after playing 1st track.  (Read 2191 times)

Const.

Hello!

After upgrading to the latest (129) build, I've got that strange bug: when playing a compressed (FLAC or APE) CD image with CUE, 1st  track from list (or track, which I pick for playback) is played correctly. But when playback skips to the next track, time counter stops (show something like ".../3:49") and the progress bar stops at the start position too.  There were no such issue with 128 and all previous builds of MC. All my media files are playing from network drive (NAS). The system is ASUS EeeBox PC EB1501P with Win7HP and USB-attached custom built DAC (standard Windows usbaudio.sys driver is used in concert with ASIO4ALL). I've tried to use other audio playback modes - WASAPI, DS, KS - nothing changes. Rolled back to 128 build.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bug: 18.0.129 build - time counter stops after playing 1st track.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:47 am »

Hello!

After upgrading to the latest (129) build, I've got that strange bug: when playing a compressed (FLAC or APE) CD image with CUE, 1st  track from list (or track, which I pick for playback) is played correctly. But when playback skips to the next track, time counter stops (show something like ".../3:49") and the progress bar stops at the start position too.  There were no such issue with 128 and all previous builds of MC. All my media files are playing from network drive (NAS). The system is ASUS EeeBox PC EB1501P with Win7HP and USB-attached custom built DAC (standard Windows usbaudio.sys driver is used in concert with ASIO4ALL). I've tried to use other audio playback modes - WASAPI, DS, KS - nothing changes. Rolled back to 128 build.
Try playing files from a local drive.  It may be a NAS problem.

Const.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:41:12 am »

Try playing files from a local drive.  It may be a NAS problem.

Unfortunately it didn't help. Strange, but reverting back to previous builds also no longer helps. It seems like some system changes made with 129 build installation prevent MC to work properly on my system. And I forget to say: music playback don't stop in my case - only the time counter. And if I use "next" or "previous" commands during playback, time counter starts again and works until the end of this track.

Financisto

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:07:29 am »

I experience just the same error. Additionally, Web Gizmo doesn't update it's always on this 1st song.

The moving indicator at the top, which shows the timing, at the next song (for example if I begin to play one song and MC moves automatically to the next) don't move (it stays at the beginning of the song) and even all "repeat" options are off MC could repeat the same song again and again, or could move to the next song, but indicator always stays at the beginning until I hit "NEXT"  or "STOP".

For me downgrading to 128 or previous version hasn't helped.

I play files from the internal hard drive. There are no problems with Foobar.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:56:54 pm »

Try Version 110 or earlier... (my guess is that the bug was introduced in 111).

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 01:39:17 pm »

I tested and I experience this with single album files with both external CUE files and with internal embedded CUE sheets with 18.0.129.

I then installed 18.0.106.

Interestingly the embedded CUE sheet information in the library that was produced by 18.0.129 was still usable by 18.0.106 .

And, indeed 18.0.106 does not have the problem.

This time I used an album that was familiar and the bug is this:

It plays the first track fine.

If you use NEXT button to move to the next track (before the track reaches the end, it works fine.

If MC18 goes to the next track automatically, then the progress/seek bar will not move, the elapsed time does not increment and the time remaining is set to an overly large time (this seems to be THE BUG).

When the time remaining reaches the Library Database value for the track duration, then the Elapsed Time and the Progress/Seek bar start working normally.

When the Time Remaining hits zero, MC18 goes to the next track ( even though the audio data for that track may have already been played ).

I'll bet a beer that fixing the Time Remaining fixes the problem.  8)

Financisto

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:45 am »

Guys, have you found the cause for the bug?

Thank you!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:00:17 pm »

Confirmed.  I don't know the cause yet, but look for a fix in a coming build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up