INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.142 Alpha -- Available Here  (Read 27967 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is an alpha release of Media Center for Mac.  If you aren't comfortable with a few problems, please wait a few days.

Please read this before downloading.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180142.dmg

18.0.142 (2/28/2013)

1. Fixed: SACD ISO files were not importing.
2. Fixed: Several cover art issues.
3. NEW: Internet POST requests work (makes Last.fm, etc.).
4. Fixed: If a background thread showed a message box, it would lead to a hang.
5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.
6. Fixed: Problems with support of 32 bit only OSX systems, e.g. playback of MP3 files.

18.0.141 (2/26/2013)

1. Fixed: Sound devices that requested planar instead of interleaved data were not working.
2. Fixed: Cover art next to audio files was not loading properly.

18.0.140 (2/25/2013)

1. Fixed: The program would not run on systems without SSE 4.1 support.
2. Changed: Retooled SSE assembly everywhere in the program so that SSSE 3 is the low-water mark for SSE acceleration (previously SSE 4.1 was required in most places to get acceleration).
3. Fixed: Thread priorities were not implemented fully on Mac.

18.0.139 (2/22/2013)

1. Fixed: Wrong options file was being used in the 138 build resulting in frequent crashes.

18.0.138 (2/22/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for Core Audio exclusive output in Options > Audio > Output mode settings (enabled by default).
2. Fixed: Memory playback was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Plugins were not working because working path was not being set, this caused playback to fail.

18.0.137 (2/21/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio format converter working.
2. Changed: Register dynamic libs on first run after install rather than every startup.
3. Changed: Auto-update partially works. It will show whether version is up to date and download new version. Need to manually install.
4. Fixed: Show/Set update download directory not working.
5. Fixed: Search in options dialog not working.
6. Fixed: Encoder properties dialog in options not working.
7. Fixed: Clicking away from in-place editing box doesn't cancel edit mode.
8. Fixed: Mouse wheel support.
9. Changed: Close,Minimize,Maximize buttons moved to left side of frame.
10. Fixed: Lots of UI windowing issues (z-order,  white windows, black windows, floating windows,  etc.) should be fixed.
11. Fixed: Files with really long path names weren't importing.

18.0.136 (2/20/2013)

1. Fixed: Library backup / restore works, although restoring a library from the Windows version is not fully working yet.
2. Fixed: Internal volume working.
3. Fixed: Player window displaying wrong playback time.
4. Fixed: Some of the window z-order issues.
5. Changed: Somewhat friendlier message about lack of web browser support.
6. Changed: New and improved installer graphic.

18.0.133 (2/15/2013)

1. NEW: First release of Media Center on Mac.

PDP8User

• Recent member
  • I may be old but I don't remember being senile
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.142 Alpha -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:04:15 pm »

5. NEW: File move, rename, copy dialog functional. Not recommended for large scale or critical file operations until more testing is done.

Worked beautifully on my library (~5k files).
Library tools/Rename,move etc using Update database and Find & Replace worked a treat to point to location in Mac file system.

Only one issue that I've observed - Lyrics get trashed.
Looks like it's the lyrics in the Library, because if I Import the same files, the Lyrics come in OK.

Keep up the good work, folks!!
I'm really excited by this - I haven't been able to find a tool as good as MC since I moved back from Win to Linux & Mac OS!
Brian

Meh.

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:50:07 am »

I need help!!!

I'm extremely frustrated here- my one out is that I'm a brand new Mac user.  I purchased the Media Center before the February 22nd drop date, but my key did not work when I tried to make the download.  I kept getting a pop-up box that told me I had no associated program for it to open with.  I went into the security section of my mac and told it to accept outside programs, but my key would still not work.

I've downloaded the provided updates from the forum, which have nothing to do with my original key (?).  The download does work, but the Media Center itself is inoperable.  I am not able to import any of my files from iTunes (fortunately, there are not that many at this point), and the Media Center will not rip CD's.  Is there a start to finish tutorial that you have available that I have not found yet? 

Guitarmanjoe

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 05:55:20 am »

Hi,

I am going to purchase a new MacBook Pro.  I have MC on an old PC laptop and one hesitation about moving to the Mac OS was not having MC availability so I'm happy to see it here and coming.  Any advice about when to download it?  I'm not in a rush.  Do you expect many more improvements and will it become a regular product for JRiver? Also, will JRemote work with the Mac version?  Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:45:44 am »

Hi,

I am going to purchase a new MacBook Pro.  I have MC on an old PC laptop and one hesitation about moving to the Mac OS was not having MC availability so I'm happy to see it here and coming.  Any advice about when to download it?  I'm not in a rush.  Do you expect many more improvements and will it become a regular product for JRiver? Also, will JRemote work with the Mac version?  Thanks
I'll move this to a new thread.  The thread that announces each build is meant for posting bugs.

This build is good enough to use.  It won't be completely stable and it doesn't yet work with any remotes.  We hope to have that working soon.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:47:54 am »

I purchased the Media Center before the February 22nd drop date, but my key did not work when I tried to make the download.  I kept getting a pop-up box that told me I had no associated program for it to open with.  I went into the security section of my mac and told it to accept outside programs, but my key would still not work.

In the first post, there is a link (Please read this ...).  Follow it and read about "License".

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:57 am »

Woohoo.  Been waiting for this.  I'll get on testing it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mindful hermit

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 07:01:44 am »

Great build!  It resolved completely my problem with cover art and importing files.  This is the first time that I have been able to import FLAC files and actually see all of the album covers!

Keep up the excellent work.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 07:18:21 am »

Hi,

Just tried .142 on Lion and Snow Leopard. It works great.
"Rename, Move, Copy Files" Seems to work OK. I was able to transfer a lib from windows to Mac with minimum trouble.
EDIT: And I really appreciate that windows backslashes(\) are automatically transformed into slashes(/) in the RMCF preview window, that's useful, thanks.

Also I tried most of the menu entries in builds .141 and .142 to look for any misbehaviour.
Most unimplemented feature behave gracefully but I found that File -> Print List... caused an instant crash under Snow leopard and Lion.

cheers,

C.

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 09:54:41 am »

Creating new Smartlists – these are positioned outside of the Smartlist grouping area with no way of moving them inside. Also, whilst setting rules clicking ‘Add New Rule’ produces spurious ‘Modify Rule’ box.

The created Smartlist appears to function correctly.

Updating from 141 – 142 seems to have lost large number of album art – art stored in file. I will look at this further. Updated without uninstalling 141 but replaced existing file.

Great progress in only 1 week, well done guys.

@Jim – from previous build thread re: Media Network – great to hear you are working on it. Thank you.

Regards
Peter

Edit: Ok. Clearing library and importing again fixed missing album art issue. Strangely though, clearing the library also wiped out the new Smartlists – not sure if that is usual behaviour but would have thought not.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 10:30:07 am »

Updating from 141 – 142 seems to have lost large number of album art – art stored in file. I will look at this further. Updated without uninstalling 141 but replaced existing file.

I've seen this too.  It has been fixing the cover art if I select the files, right-click, and choose Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail.  The problem is with cover art display (the thumbnails) not with the cover art itself.

Regarding the installation, overwriting the previous installation is the way you should be doing it.  If you ever have trouble (like it won't launch at all or something similar), it might be worth trying to delete the app and reinstall, but 99.9999% of the time this is not required.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 10:38:40 am »

Ah, thank you, only had the Mac a couple of weeks – things are quite different. I have added an Edit to my post above.

Regards
Peter

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:49 am »

MC 142 won't import an SACD ISO file, either by auto import or manually selecting.

I also can't play it directly from Finder and then trying to open with with MC 18. I get an error that says MC 18 cannot play a file in an ISO disc image format.

Latest OSX; two Macs (Mini and Macbook Air).

pkoss

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

I've noticed on 142 (not sure if it was there in previous versions) is that after I play an album and clear the queue of songs, that none of the screen controls work when clicked.  For example, I'll go back to the "Audio" control to browse the library for more music, but it never opens.  The menu controls work as I can from there not do much but exit (either via the "X" Windows button, or via the File/Exit menu).

Also, earlier on this run I updated the cover art for the just finished album, and now I get a warning box when I try to exit that says "Media Center can not perform this action while tools are running.  Running tools:  Get Cover Art.  Please close any running tools and try again."  MC will not shut down and I thus far have not figured out how to close MC without doing a Force Quit off the Apple menu.

Maybe these two problems are related since I have been playing with album art since it is (partially?) fixed in 142.

Meh.

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 06:13:24 pm »

I finally was able to import music files and am listening right now- Very impressive so far.  I ran into an odd problem, which was a moderate crackling/popping sound.  The MIDI section had defaulted back to 44.1K, so I bumped it up to 48K, which seemed to do the trick.  Any idea why this happened?

igor

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 01:25:18 am »

long ago bought your program, received a letter with the code, then send me the file for activation,Media Center Mac18-194086.mjr  but it can not find yriver aktivtsii for what to do with it?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:12 am »

Quote from: igor
long ago bought your program yriver, received a letter with the code, then send me the file for activation,Media Center Mac18-194086.mjr  but it can not find yriver aktivtsii for what to do with it?

These early alphas don't need activation - your license will be used for future releases. 

See this FAQ here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78389.0

toddc2

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 10:53:38 am »

I've noticed on 142 (not sure if it was there in previous versions) is that after I play an album and clear the queue of songs, that none of the screen controls work when clicked.  For example, I'll go back to the "Audio" control to browse the library for more music, but it never opens.  The menu controls work as I can from there not do much but exit (either via the "X" Windows button, or via the File/Exit menu).

I noticed this too. It was broken on early builds, was working for me on 141 but broken again on 142. Unlike pkoss, I can't exit without force quitting (the Media Center tab turns blue instead of pulling down a menu).

The audio glitches are back on 142. I was able to play several hours on 141 without a glitch, but 142 started hiccuping after about 10 minutes of playback.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 06:36:43 am »

When I try to edit a file, the system aborts.  For example I want to change the album artist name but as soon as I click on the field - boom - abort.  Is this because I am using Snow Leopard?
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

JimH

• Administrator

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:13 pm »

When I delete a playlist MC aborts.  I
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

ellen

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 09:18:36 pm »

I tired version 18.0.142 Alpha. all my Japanese and Chinese songs are unable to read the Japanese and Chinese characters :-[

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:18 am »

Using 18.0.142

I accidentally disconnected my USB drive, that had my library on it while it was doing "post import" analyzing.  On restarting it couldn't open up that library again.

It appears that it may have created a new folder when it attempted to load the library.  The new folder was created here:

/Volumes/MusicSpace

where the drive should be mounted.

The library would be here:
/Volumes/MusicSpace/JRiver

Nothing catastrophic, as deleting the directory and removing/adding the drive and restarting MC seems to have brought everything back (and this is only a test library anyway.)  But I would think that it shouldn't create folders while attempting to load a library.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:58 am »

When I reloaded it, it froze... said not responding.  I force quit the app and got the attached log.  Restarted and it was all good and loaded my library w/o an issue.

JohnT

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 10:58:09 am »

When I delete a playlist MC aborts.  I
I can't reproduce this.  I created a few smartlists and playlists and then deleted them without problems.  Can you provide a sequence of steps to reproduce it?  It may be a 10.6 issue.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 11:01:12 am »

When I try to edit a file, the system aborts.  For example I want to change the album artist name but as soon as I click on the field - boom - abort.  Is this because I am using Snow Leopard?
This isn't happening for me on 10.7.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

scottlf

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 04:27:35 pm »

One problem that has been coming up is an error message when I'm tagging files, although the tagging itself seems to take place perfectly well. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Here's the offending dialog text:

Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

That's followed by a list of the files.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 07:45:52 pm »

I can't reproduce this.  I created a few smartlists and playlists and then deleted them without problems.  Can you provide a sequence of steps to reproduce it?  It may be a 10.6 issue.

What do you mean by sequence of steps?

I am on SL.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:38 pm »

I did this, then I did that, and this is what happened.  Exact steps to re-create the problem.  Thanks.

vermu

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 05:55:09 am »

I have been enjoying jriver. Thanks for the great app. I also have pure music installed but I find it's abit too aggressive for my taste and for my system. JRiver seems alot more relaxed and I like it more. It would be great if you could control the library via ipad's remote program. Do you have any plans to make ipad connection in the future?

liting

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 06:22:47 am »

Hi, when will the Chinese character can be properly displayed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 06:23:26 am »

We're working on it now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 06:27:56 am »

I have been enjoying jriver. Thanks for the great app. I also have pure music installed but I find it's abit too aggressive for my taste and for my system. JRiver seems alot more relaxed and I like it more. It would be great if you could control the library via ipad's remote program. Do you have any plans to make ipad connection in the future?
We hope to have networking running soon.   Then you should be able to use JRemote and other remote solutions.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=5.0

bsauvage

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:40 am »

Hi Jim

Are you planning to implement the upnp out soon? (meaning, send the music digitally on the network, to be picked up by a network streamer/DAC, as was possible on the Win version).

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:08 am »

We're working on it.

Welcome to the board.

This thread should be reserved for bugs.  Use "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page to start a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up