INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO SACD and UPNP  (Read 4935 times)

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
ISO SACD and UPNP
« on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:42 pm »

Hello everybody

Topic: DSD and UPNP.

For PCM conversion of DSD (ISO, DFF and DSF), every works fine, and the current limitation of 44/48 KHz will be updated by JRiver team:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78720.0

With the first (I think) DSD Network Player, Lumin, time has come to test JRiver as a DSD UPNP Server.

Lumin: http://www.luminmusic.com

6moons review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/lumin/1.html

For DFF and DSF files, sent by JRiver UPNP server, everything works great.

For ISO SACD images, it does not work. There may be a bug in JRiver, as it is strictly the same configuration as for DFF and DSF files that I use.

If JRiver team looks at this issue, could you please send DSD files through JRiver UPNP server when the SACD image contains DST files (compressed DSD). Half SACD contains DST and Lumin cannot decode DST but only uncompressed DSD.

From sacd_extract, DSD DFF files are obtained by the -p -c options, and DSD DSF files can be obtained with the -s option.

If you want feedbacks and testing on these subjects, I will be happy to help. You may not have yet a DSD network player  ;)

As DSD conversion to PCM works for ISO images, it may not be a big deal to correct this. At some point, JRiver must have the DSD track before converting it to PCM.

Best and kind regards.
Thierry
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2
S2 Playing and studio: Yamaha WXA-50, HEFA Mutine, Seinway O180

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
Re: ISO SACD and UPNP
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:18:16 am »

Hi

No interest from JRiver Team?

Last Marantz Network Player also supports DSD, and more are coming.

Best and kind regards
Thierry
Thierry
S1 Listening: Mac Mini, JRiver, Minimserver, Roon, Qobuz, Matrix X-Sabre3, Ayon Sheris III, Kinki EX-B7, Vivid G2S2

cubase

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 04:45:54 am »

Hi,

I own a Lumin and face the same problem. Everything in PCM and DSD is ok except ISO which aren't played.
It would be great to play ISO directly from JRiver or using its UPnP server rather than spending time converting ISO to DoP.

Can you please do something for this ?

Maxime

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 04:51:12 am »

I think "play" of SACD ISO is OK. The problem/bug concerns UPNP serving DSD from ISO.

Regards
Thierry
Thierry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:55:47 am »

18.0.166 and newer can bitstream DSD using DoPE if your renderer supports it.  It works with SACD.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ThierryNK

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:16:00 pm »

Hi Matt

We are talking here about UPNP serving tracks (non decoded files) by ethernet and not a DSD audio flux.

It works with DSF and DFF files, but it does not work with SACD ISO.

As  UPNP works with ISO -->Tracks --> Wave convert --> UPNP

it should be a small bug, as in the chain above, only wave convert has to be suppressed.

Refer to my first post.

Best regards
Thierry
Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up