INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: j river media center 18 on android  (Read 7630 times)

vtpcnk

j river media center 18 on android
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:16:06 am »

hey all, i use the MC 18 on my laptop to play flac files on my stereo.

i would like to know if it is possible to load it on to my sony xperia go - which is an android phone.

i use my phone primarily to listen to music when commuting to/fro from work. i currently use poweramp for this.

i know there is a software called gizmo, which i think can be used to control MC on a computer from an android device. but that's not my interest.

i just want MC on my android so that i can play/listen to mp3 files on the phone itself.

sorry if my question is dumb. android is a new technology to me.

appreciate the feedback.

doulos

• World Citizen
Re: j river media center 18 on android
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:24:40 am »

use any ol' music player from the vast array of options available on android. Why insist on MC?
MediaSteersman - Your Media at Your Fingertips

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 07:32:56 pm »

use any ol' music player from the vast array of options available on android. Why insist on MC?

Be Kind, it's his (her?) first post...

Welcome aboard, vtpcnk.

In answer to your question - no, there is not a version of MC for Android, but as doulos has said there are plenty of music player apps in the android Play Store. You may need to pay for one that plays flac, though. Winamp and PowerAmp both have good ratings.

Moolok

Re: Re: j river media center 18 on android
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:28:54 am »

My vote's on PowerAMP. Worth every penny /cent /whatever :)

Leiph

• Recent member
Re: j river media center on android
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:32:36 pm »

Although this topic seems to be outdated, I would say that it is not. It was ahead...

The market starts to be filled with qualified Android-powered mini-PC's (check www.utilite-computer.com) priced below 100USD, and it makes definitely sense to want a qualified media player on it.

I'll vote for MC on Android. :)

Moolok

Re: Vs: Re: j river media center on android
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:21 am »

Although this topic seems to be outdated, I would say that it is not. It was ahead...

The market starts to be filled with qualified Android-powered mini-PC's (check www.utilite-computer.com) priced below 100USD, and it makes definitely sense to want a qualified media player on it.

I'll vote for MC on Android. :)
I support this. I have Minix Neo X7 android box and I 'd like to have JRiver MC on it. Using Poweramp atm.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: J River Media Center on Android
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »

I can see this subject gathering momentum over time, especially when consideration is given to this move that is off and running:
http://www.android-x86.org/

With the ability to run Android on an Intel platform, I'd expect that it will only be a matter of time before various Windows software are ported over.

I'd like to see MC move in that direction too, in the same way that Mac and Linux has developed. I'd be ready to lay money down in support if/when a product becomes available. I will watch with interest.

For what it's worth, I bought and paid for a copy of PowerAmp for my Android devices. One deciding factor for me is its ability to deal with ReplayGain.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:35:32 pm »

I don't think a lot of Windows apps will be ported to Android.  The development environment available is Java.  Most Windows apps are written in C++.  Not a simple port.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »

I don't think a lot of Windows apps will be ported to Android.  The development environment available is Java.  Most Windows apps are written in C++.  Not a simple port.

I'm not a coder, so I'll defer to your experience.

Along the C++ line, what are your thoughts to Intel's involvement?
https://01.org/android-ia/
http://software.intel.com/en-us/android/

And specifically to this:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/c-compiler-android/
Always requires practical testing to see how the wording on the box translates to the real world but these claims show promise:
- Outstanding performance in many cases by just recompiling
- Compatible with GNU C++ in the Android NDK for multi-architecture support
- Development on Windows*, OS X* or Linux*
Well, they do at least to someone with very little practical knowledge but if Intel is backing these sort of moves, then that at least inspires some confidence for a positive future.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Leiph

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

I won't judge that. But that's from a technicians point of view.

For me as a user I am more interested in the output. And a machine for less than 100€ with S/PDIF output and a real HDD is truly appealing. It is only lacking a MC installation.

/Leiph
Pages: [1]   Go Up