INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Problem on Android, Gizmo Stopped Working, and the Solution  (Read 1239 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

PROBLEM
I've had a wireless problem on my Galaxy Note 2 for a month or so.   I noticed it at first when Gizmo became less reliable.  I thought maybe I was on the edge of the range, so I tried moving the Access Point and an Extender around.  Nothing helped.

Finally in the last few days, it became unusable and during this time I noticed that the wireless connection would drop shortly after it was established.  Eventually, it just wouldn't work at all.

SOLUTION
I took the phone to an AT&T store.  The person who helped tried connecting to their network and then to his tethered phone.  It didn't work.  He said I could call AT&T and they would probably ask me to reset the phone.  He said a file might be corrupt.

So when I came home, I did a factory reset (turn the phone off, then press volume, power, and home all at once).  This wipes all data from the phone, so think about backing up first.

When I got it running again, the wireless connection worked!  I've been playing Gizmo for an hour and a half with no problems.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up