INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re-opening browser links - why does the webpage have to reload everytime ?  (Read 2131 times)

thmpi

• Recent member

I open a browser tab from within a link that i created and it opens fine- however whenever i click back to the MC window to check something and then go back to the browser tab it has to reload everytime and its significantly slower than my PC browser. Why isnt the webpage kept in cache so that the content remains in the tab and is instantly available to view just like it is in your web browser of choice

Its not a biggie but gets annoying when I am clicking back and forth a lot between MC18 and browser tab

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

In MC settings, try changing the browser engine.  You can use Chrome or IE.  I believe it's in the Start section, but options has a search window at the bottom.

thmpi

• Recent member

only IE works for me - I tried selecting chromium ( chrome is my default browser) but it wont open and after around 15 secs MC hangs and needs to be restarted

i am on a win 7 64bit PC with plenty of grunt

thmpi

• Recent member

i,m trying to live with this issue of browser content having to reload whenever i re-click on its tab but its driving me potty. I did try using chrome instead but jriver just hangs when i select the chromium engine option.

Does this do this for everyone ? Just to try to explain a bit better - i open a browser tab via links - in this case its last.fm so i can see what tracks of an album are the most played. So i go back to the album tab and mark a track but whenever i go back to the last.fm tab to check what the next most popular track is the browser is blank and reloads the page. THis takes maybe 10 seconds or so. Why does it reload ? I expect the browser window content to remain there so it appears instantaneously whenever i click on its tab.

help please someone :)

Vocalpoint

Does this do this for everyone?

My issues are a bit different and no one seems to want to answer why MC suddenly decides to open it's web page when switching libraries.

Now I have a 8 or 10 second delay while this webpage tries to load...whereas before (in the not too distant past) MC would honor my startup options and simply open a different library to the "Audio" page..

Now I have to sit and wait for the "webpage" to load each time...very frustrating....

VP

glynor

• MC Beta Team

My issues are a bit different and no one seems to want to answer why MC suddenly decides to open it's web page when switching libraries.

This is not common.

I saw your other posting.  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but none of my copies of MC open a web page, ever (unless I want them to by clicking on one of the Links or something), and certainly not when connecting to a Library.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Vocalpoint

This is not common.

I saw your other posting.  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but none of my copies of MC open a web page, ever (unless I want them to by clicking on one of the Links or something), and certainly not when connecting to a Library.

Thanks - yeah - this started about 7 versions ago. And I haven't changed a setting regarding opening MC for a long while. But now - while MC will open to my desired view (Audio->Recent Albums) when first launched (at start of day let's say) - but then if I decide to switch to my Mobile Music library - used just for iPod syncing (like I did this morning) - MC always opens a webpage to that JRiver Media Center "info page" - and it takes a good 8 or 10 seconds for that to happen...

I cannot for the life of me - find out why this or what I touched to make it do this. (:

VP

glynor

• MC Beta Team

For giggles... I'd try resetting MC to the defaults and see if you can get it to do it.

1. Make a Library backup (this contains the settings so you can restore them later).
2. Uninstall MC completely, and choose the option to remove the settings.
3. REBOOT (always a good idea).
4. Reinstall MC and DO NOT (at first) restore your Library or Settings.  Set up the Library in question manually.
5. Try switching.

It is certainly possible there's some kind of weird bug, but I wonder if it is in some non-standard setting that you're using.  Also, how do you connect to the servers?  Via an Access Key or via the server's IP/hostname directly?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

thmpi

• Recent member

For giggles... I'd try resetting MC to the defaults and see if you can get it to do it.

1. Make a Library backup (this contains the settings so you can restore them later).
2. Uninstall MC completely, and choose the option to remove the settings.
3. REBOOT (always a good idea).
4. Reinstall MC and DO NOT (at first) restore your Library or Settings.  Set up the Library in question manually.
5. Try switching.

It is certainly possible there's some kind of weird bug, but I wonder if it is in some non-standard setting that you're using.  Also, how do you connect to the servers?  Via an Access Key or via the server's IP/hostname directly?

is this advice for my query or for the guy with a different issue ?

Vocalpoint

is this advice for my query or for the guy with a different issue ?

My apologies for the thread jack...I will start another thread on my issue.

Glynor: If that set of steps was for me - drop me a PM...

Cheers,

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up