INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message: "You don't appear to have a Media Center receiver connected..."  (Read 5348 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe

Morning,

Can anyone please tell what this is about now? And yes...all the following are all true:

1. Have read this - which really does not help (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote_Instructions)
2. Have confirmed the device is working correctly already in MC
3. Have confirmed in Device Manager that "eHome Infrared Receiver" is all good and operating correctly
4. Can use the Media Center remote in MC with no issues
5. Am running Windows 7 64Bit (SP1)
6. Am running MC 18.0.189

I need to understand what all the buttons on this remote do - and how to change them up if need be.

Appreciate any insight on why I cannot get into the setup wizard...

Cheers,

VP

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Error message where?  On what?  When doing what?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Vocalpoint

Error message where?  On what?  When doing what?

Sorry...when I go to Tools->Options->Remote Control and attempt to click Next to enter the Setup wizard...I immediately get this error.

Cheers,

VP

bv1pacb

• Junior Woodchuck

...when I go to Tools->Options->Remote Control and attempt to click Next to enter the Setup wizard...I immediately get this error.

I also experience this.

Vocalpoint

Still would like to know exactly what MC is looking for (in code) when it generates this message. I have a authentic, "shipped directly from JRiver" media remote and apologies but - this error should be embarrassing to Dev - considering it's their own app not finding their own remote?

Comments?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try the instructions for setup on the wiki.

sejethomas

• Recent member

Since there was no solution to this thread I am gonna revive it since I have the same issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Do you have an IR receiver connected?

Is it compatible with Windows Media Center? 

Does it work with anything else?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Since there was no solution to this thread I am gonna revive it since I have the same issue.

But there was a solution to the thread. It was to read and understand the Wiki.

Okay, the Wiki can be a little confusing, as it says to run the Wizard. But the Wizard is only required if you need to set up an IR Blaster and have MC control it. If you don't use an IR Blaster, don't try to run the Wizard. Just use the MC remote out of the box, and make no changes to the MC IR commands. It will work.

So, have you used an IR Remote with MC previously, and it just stopped working?
What version of MC are you using?
Have you changed hardware or anything else recently?
What OS system and version are you running?
etc.

Give us something to work with here!  ;D
Probably should have created a new thread in the Television forum and described your issue really, as you might get more responses. Although I guess this is a hardware question...
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sejethomas

• Recent member

I have the "standard" MCE kit as pictured in the JRiver options and have been running with this setup out of the box with no issues, but now I wanted to explore the IR-blasting capabilities and therefore bumped into this issue. I checked device manager, uninstalled driver and so on with no succes.

My setup is:
Windows 8.1 Embedded Pro
JRiver 21

Any suggestions?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

There have been quite a number of changes to the IR Blaster functionality in MC21, fixing user's issues, with the latest in MC21.0.58.

The current latest version is MC21.0.65. If you aren't using that version, first thing to try is to upgrade to it.

If that doesn't work, search the "JRiver Media Center 21 for Windows" and the "Television" forums for IR Blaster issues. There have been a bunch of discussions I believe, and different solutions for different people.

If that gets you nowhere, come back and document what you tried here.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up