INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues Trying to Establish Radio Streaming  (Read 2008 times)

timequest

• Recent member
Issues Trying to Establish Radio Streaming
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:41:54 pm »

I have read through many threads here and elsewhere on the net prior to creating this thread.  Forgive me if I'm in the wrong area.  I have tried to set up radio streaming via MC by  going to:  File / Open URL / pasting a desired url / "show web media options when opening..." But, when I check My Connected Media I don't see anything.  What am I missing...?

Thank you in advance...

_Ben

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues Trying to Establish Radio Streaming
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:50:47 pm »

We had this question come up just a few weeks ago.

Did you see this?:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80921.0

How did you fare against the advice contained therein?

What URL &/or website are you trying to make work?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:17:12 pm »

Thanks.  I read through those but I'm still having a hard time comprehending.  I am trying to set up streaming to the Radio Paradise URL, which is listed within SHOUTcast (that's where I copied the URL).  Once I paste that URL and then open the streaming file, I do see the radio station homepage, I just don't find it listed under My Connected Media (or anywhere else).  Is there a current tutorial listed anywhere?

Thanks again.

_Ben

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:24:59 pm »

Thanks.  I read through those but I'm still having a hard time comprehending.  I am trying to set up streaming to the Radio Paradise URL, which is listed within SHOUTcast (that's where I copied the URL).  Once I paste that URL and then open the streaming file, I do see the radio station homepage, I just don't find it listed under My Connected Media (or anywhere else).  Is there a current tutorial listed anywhere?

Thanks again.

_Ben

I slotted your keywords "Radio Paradise" into my search engine and at the top of the list I saw this URL glowing at me:
http://www.radioparadise.com/#name=Listen

Is this the right website? For future reference, it would help if you include the internet website reference that you're dealing with, to cut out a few steps for those out here trying to be of assistance. If I've got the wrong spot, then please clarify.

Did you absorb the advice on that page? Have you tested out their advice?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:17:52 am »

Thanks astromo.  Yes that is the correct link.  I think the issues is - as you have inquired - my ability to absorb the process.  I open File - enter the URL - check "show web media options..." - click OK -  the station's webpage opens up... Now what?  The instructions in the wiki say to check "My Connected Media - where the station should appear; but nothing appears in My Connected media.  Other instructions say to right click on the "Now Playing" field and Send to playlist....  But, I see no radio info under "Playing Now" and there is no "Send To" option when right-clicking anywhere on the radio station webpage...

What am I missing?  I'm sorry for being so dense.  I have tried to research this myself rather than simply rely on asking the obvious on this forum... Isn't there a current tutorial for radio streaming with MC 18...

Thanks again.

_Ben

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:42:55 am »

OK. Here we go by the numbers.

1. Navigate to http://www.radioparadise.com/#name=Listen
2. Select an audio stream. I grabbed the recommended link "128k MP3" and I right clicked on that object and then clicked <Copy Link Location>
3. Open up MC in Standard View and navigate to Audio > Connected Media
4. Right click on Connected Media and click "Add Website" that brings up a dialogue box called "Media Options"
5. Enter the station name in Name, so I typed in "Paradise Radio" and then pasted the copied link location in the URL box.
6. A new media stream should be created in the list.
7. Wait for a few seconds and another dialogue box should appear called "Connected Media". If not, click on the new entry you've just configured and make sure "Play Stream" is checked. There are various options you can select that I'll leave to you to research and test out.
8. Click OK and if your system behaves like mine then just like it did for the Blues Brothers, I had both kinds of music coming out of my speakers, i.e. Country AND Western.

Works a treat mate. Now .. I'm back to a bit of hard core Ozzie Rock => AC/DC he-he   8)

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »

In MC, by right-clicking Connected Media, then clicking on Featured Websites, I can now see Radio Paradise.  How do I access that now from my controller (JRemote)...? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 03:52:42 pm »

Under Audio, open Connected Media.

timequest

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

Ahh...  Therein lies the problem; there is no Connected Media listed under Audio via my JRemote controller.  I guess I'll need to configure that somehow.  Where would I go to read up about that? 

I'm sorry that I'm so dense about this...

_Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up