INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.201 -- Available Here  (Read 11545 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.201 -- Available Here
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:41:31 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180201.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.201 (6/18/2013)

1. Fixed: Focus could shift unexpectedly in build 200.

18.0.200 (6/18/2013)

1. Changed: Switched the default ASIO option for 'Play silence on pause' to true (this provides a more straight-forward call stack to the ASIO driver, and is similar to how WASAPI works).
2. Fixed: When connecting to a library that required a password, the program could (still) dead-lock in some cases.
3. Fixed: 3D album view in Windows 8 will no longer crash on search.
4. Fixed: Periodic freezes in the DLNA servers.
5. Changed: Aggressive de-interlacing is no longer enabled in the LAV filter for mpeg-2 content that has a frame rate of 59.94.

18.0.199 (6/17/2013)

1. Changed: Video frame rate (FPS) field is updated during thumbnail generation to obtain a more accurate value.
2. Fixed: Podcasting could (still) cause the user interface to be sluggish in some cases when first starting the program.
3. Changed: When a file has no Replay Gain, a Replay Gain of -10dB will be used if no other files in Playing Now are analyzed (otherwise the average of analyzed files is used).
4. Changed: Added 512 and 1024 kbps to Wavepack hybrid encoding.  Also changed to correct spelling of "wavpack.com"

18.0.198 (6/11/2013)

1. Changed: Moved back to the experimental AAC encoder for video conversions since the problem with the PS3 was fixed. Thanks Nev.
2. Changed: Simplified "Edit Channel List..." dialog (removed the checkboxes since favorite channels selection is done elsewhere now).
3. Fixed: "Next / Previous use favorite channels only" setting did not use the new favorite channels system.
4. Changed: Edit Channel List dialog allows deletion of multiple selected channels.
5. Fixed: The new system of "Favorite" and "Hidden" television channels did not distinguish channels with identical name but different tuner types.

18.0.197 (6/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Web browser integration was not working properly in build 196.
2. Changed: Higher quality setting for transcoding to WMV (most useful on Xbox 360)
3. Changed: Reverted back to the previous AAC encoder for video conversion to get compatibility with various devices including the PS3.
4. Fixed: Switching from time-shifted TV playback using madVR exclusive to Theater View wasn't always working.

18.0.196 (6/6/2013)

1. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
2. Fixed: In build 195, the Theater View cursor could reset to the roller when navigating into levels of a library view.
3. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
4. Fixed: The trick to recover a lost Party Mode password was not working properly (see the wiki for details on the trick).
5. Changed: Tuned some parameters in the updated Windows 7/8 presentation system used by Theater View.
6. Changed: Changed how television channel-changing is handled.
7. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
8. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
9. Fixed: Subtitles weren't working with EVR in the last few builds when using Windows 7 or 8.
10. NEW: XMP "face" data in photos now gets added to "People".

18.0.195 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: If an iPod failed to initialize, it could cause a hang when trying to display the error message.
2. Fixed: The option to run Theater View in exclusive mode was not working in build 194 on Windows 7 and Windows 8 (this mode is not recommended for normal use).
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: A portable install will no longer warn and fail to run when taken between different operating systems.
5. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
6. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.86 (thanks madshi).
7. Changed: Subtitles account for the madVR presentation latency by using the new IMadVRInfo interface.
8. Fixed: Theater View's focus / cursor could move unexpectedly in some cases.
7. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
8. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack.  
9. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information.  
10. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

18.0.194 (6/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Podcasting could cause the user interface to be sluggish in some cases when first starting the program.
2. Changed: Switched Direct Sound output to always use 24-bit integer instead of 32-bit floating point (because it appears some devices don't work nicely with 32-bit floating point).
3. Fixed: MC could hang or crash when changing television channels on the fly.
4. Changed: Revised the presentation system used by Theater View on Windows 7 and Windows 8 to be more efficient (also fixes a Windows 8 dead-lock with regards to child windows intersecting with windowed 3d windows).
5. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.57 (thanks nevcairiel).
6. Changed: Fullscreen modes are not always-on-top (please report any focus or z-ordering issues).
7. Fixed: With some monitor configurations, the mouse wheel would not work properly in Theater View.
8. Fixed: The folder browse dialog was not always working properly when typing a path into the edit at the top of the dialog.

18.0.193 (5/31/2013)

1. Changed: Theater View, Display View, and Cover View are now always-on-top windows so that system dialogs are less likely to appear and/or steal the focus in these modes.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Fixed: WASAPI with event style disabled could buffer shortfall unnecessarily in the last few builds (normally sounds like ticks).
6. Fixed: If the selected output plugin could not be found, the program could switch to ASIO instead of the default Direct Sound.
7. Fixed: When connecting to a library that required a password, the program could dead-lock in some cases.
8. Fixed: Entering a 'Q' value of over 1.0 for a shelf filter with Parametric Equalizer would cause crackling during output.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 18.0.201 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:47:40 pm »

Thanks for fixing zone switching focus problem. Working again. :)
Edit:
Wrote too fast.Problem is still there.

Would be really nice if you could fix SACD to MP3 Conversion problem. SACD to MP3 CBR Encoding.
Still doesn't work since MC Team added SACD (DSD) conversion feature.
Converting to MP3 VBR/ABR works, cbr encoding doesn't work.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:13:27 pm »

Automatic Refresh change to 24hz is not working in windows 8, but does work in Windows 7.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

stewart_pk

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »

I reall
Automatic Refresh change to 24hz is not working in windows 8, but does work in Windows 7.

Oh I really hope not! Automatic refresh change issues once did my head in and I thought those days were long gone.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:00 am »

I'm afraid so, a much used feature. annoyingly changing 24hz refresh manually at the moment
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:47:20 am »

I am having lots of trouble with pull down and pop up menus staying open long enough to initiate action. I have not been able to change direct show setting while TV is playing in Theater view. I have also had difficulty getting the Tools menus to open long enough to select options. This is better. The only way I could change madVR options was from the taskbar.

Also for several versions Media Center is very sluggish when it starts and it seems be lots of drive crashing with the arrow circle spinning.. After a couple of restarts of the app it might be okay..

When the wait circle is going it could be several minutes before you get cursor control and can do anything.

mcduman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 06:07:26 am »

i am having  pops&clicks with 201 now compared to 195 both with bifrost and sot-m dx-usb hd under asio. win 8 pro x64

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:35 am »

I suddenly get no results when choosing Locate->Album when I right click on a song within Playing Now. I quite frequently use this to fill in missing metadata like release date info. I was on 195 prior to this with no issues. Update to 201 last night and now - nary a result.

?

VP

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:15:31 am »

authentication is still broken.  see this post - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81384.msg554949#msg554949

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 11:08:30 am »

Oh I really hope not! Automatic refresh change issues once did my head in and I thought those days were long gone.
I'm afraid so, a much used feature. annoyingly changing 24hz refresh manually at the moment

If you are using madVR (Red October HQ) you can update that to the latest version manually (Media Center is currently a few versions behind) and use its display mode switcher, which should fix this on Windows 8.

Download: the latest version of madVR, and extract it to: %APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\madvr, overwriting the files. (you may have to close Media Center and Media Server to do this)

You can then disable Media Center's switcher and configure madVR's switcher as necessary - at least until Media Center's switcher is fixed on Windows 8. (though I prefer madVR's switcher, as it can also handle playback of IVTC content at 24p)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 11:08:47 am »

I suddenly get no results when choosing Locate->Album when I right click on a song within Playing Now. I quite frequently use this to fill in missing metadata like release date info. I was on 195 prior to this with no issues. Update to 201 last night and now - nary a result.

Maybe this change?  It has caused at least one other reported problem.

18.0.196 (6/6/2013)

8. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:27 am »

Maybe this change?  It has caused at least one other reported problem.

Could be...would like to know what happened here...

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 11:39:59 am »

Right-click > Locate is working for me.

What view is it jumping to?  What's in the search box (the underlying search string if it's in Wizard mode)?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:27 am »

Right-click > Locate is working for me.

What view is it jumping to?  What's in the search box (the underlying search string if it's in Wizard mode)?

Let me try this again....will report back in a sec...

EDIT: Dang! it's now working.

My workflow was:

1. Select any playlist from the tree.
2. Which would then appear on a tab and I would click Play
3. Then I would go over to Playing Now (top of tree)
4. The current playlist appears in the Player tab
5. Right click a song in the there and choose Locate->Album
6. The very first time I did 1-5 this morning - I would get a blank tab opening
7. Now it jumps right to the album in question.

Weird. My bad :).

Will report back if I see anything else to do with this.

VP

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 12:16:30 pm »

i am having  pops&clicks with 201 now compared to 195 both with bifrost and sot-m dx-usb hd under asio. win 8 pro x64

I would guess that is due to:

1. Changed: Switched the default ASIO option for 'Play silence on pause' to true (this provides a more straight-forward call stack to the ASIO driver, and is similar to how WASAPI works).

You could test that by manually unchecking "Play silence on pause" and see if it fixes the problem.

If you are still reading this thread, anyway....

BTW, are you using the Bitfrost with USB ?

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:56:50 pm »

Hi, I detect one bug.

I make this smartlist:
[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast] ~sort=[Date]

If I sync my phone with this smartlist the old files are not deleted never. MC only add the new songs but the old songs are not deleted! I need delete manually!
You can fix it?

One suggestion: please, add the option for sync playlist with format m3u8 or m3u with UTF8. Any phones only work with UTF8 and not accepted ANSI (of default in m3u). For this, now I need use this script for convert m3u playlist! this is the code:

.vbs

Code: [Select]
Set stream = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")

With stream
    .Open
    .Type     = 2
    .Position = 0
    .Charset  = "utf-8"
    .WriteText CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(WScript.Arguments(0), 1).ReadAll
    .SaveToFile WScript.Arguments(1), 2
    .Close
End With

Wscript.Quit(0)

.bat
Code: [Select]
For %%X in ("*.m3u") Do (Script.vbs "%%X" "%%X")

Thank you!

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 05:24:32 pm »

If you are using madVR (Red October HQ) you can update that to the latest version manually (Media Center is currently a few versions behind) and use its display mode switcher, which should fix this on Windows 8.

Download: the latest version of madVR, and extract it to: %APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\madvr, overwriting the files. (you may have to close Media Center and Media Server to do this)

You can then disable Media Center's switcher and configure madVR's switcher as necessary - at least until Media Center's switcher is fixed on Windows 8. (though I prefer madVR's switcher, as it can also handle playback of IVTC content at 24p)

WOW, THANK YOU! working perfect! I have missed this feature :)

stewart_pk

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 07:24:14 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not seeing this issue on Windows 8. I'm using an AMD ATI 6450 based video card with the latest drivers.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »

Hmmm, I'm not seeing this issue on Windows 8. I'm using an AMD ATI 6450 based video card with the latest drivers.

I have a Intel HD 3000 (onboard CPU).  I read on here a post by memeber 6233638, if you have auto changer set to 24hz, at the moment in windows 8, it will switch to 23.97hz instead. If your monitor/card does this refresh rate, there will be no issue and will look like it has switched to 24hz. As my TV or drivers (not sure which) doesn't recognise 23.97hz, it reverts to 60hz instead. My setup requires 24hz to operate, not 23.97hz.

mcduman

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 02:03:33 am »

I would guess that is due to:

You could test that by manually unchecking "Play silence on pause" and see if it fixes the problem.

If you are still reading this thread, anyway....

BTW, are you using the Bitfrost with USB ?

Thanks for the note. I use bifrost via usb and I always have "play silence on pause" unchecked. anyways, after a couple of reboots my system is flawless now once again.

Bifrost asio control panel lets you specify bit-depth: 16 or 24/32 bits. I have it set at 24 bits and 24/96 material plays perfectly. I have noticed chances are higher that you get clicks with 16 bit material. May be that's what happened yesterday.

chrisjj

Large track numbers truncated
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:59 am »

Blue shows the read track number, Red is where MC display has truncated it:

Interestingly that pane content shows the number is not truncated in pane group determination.

chrisjj

Renaming library fails to update info pane
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:53 am »

Workaround: resize window.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 09:30:03 am »

Something strange happened with Play Doctor buttons last build. Button 12 doesn't work, and all my "reserve" playlists above 12 were deleted.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Large track numbers truncated
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 10:14:13 am »

Blue shows the read track number, Red is where MC display has truncated it:

Interestingly that pane content shows the number is not truncated in pane group determination.

Sorry, but integer fields like Track # often use 32-bit integers.  That means your track numbers need to be between about +- 2 billion for proper support in JRiver.

We may switch this to 64-bit integer support for these fields in the future, but it cuts across tagging plugins, etc. so won't happen in v18.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 11:15:10 am »

Something strange happened with Play Doctor buttons last build. Button 12 doesn't work, and all my "reserve" playlists above 12 were deleted.

Good find.

Next build:
Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.

Playlists that aren't the 1..12 presets in the Car Radio group will be deleted.  A user had 6000 playlists in that group (we don't know why) so we added a cleaner:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81097.msg552859#msg552859

If you have extra playlists, please store them in your own playlist group.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 11:23:23 am »

Matt, any progress, confirmation on JRiver not responding on Authentications still? ive rebooted jriver server and all clients and I'm still having locks up, and cannot get authentication to work.
thanks for your time.

chrisjj

Re: Large track numbers truncated
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 05:27:34 pm »

Sorry, but integer fields like Track # often use 32-bit integers.

Ah. These tracks are WMA format, in which the track number data type is a string.

We may switch this to 64-bit integer support

Perhaps string would be safer.

your track numbers need to be between about +- 2 billion for proper support in JRiver.

BTW, the reason my track numbers are larger is that I included the album UAC/EAN to follow your workaround here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56600.msg384228#msg384228.

Thanks Matt.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

version 18.0.201 is very jerky when scrolling down my library. Sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. I'm using an Asus GeForce 560ti top series video card with 12gigs of system ram and a 1st gen Intel Core i7 930 processor.
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 07:28:01 am »

The columns of "my connected media" not work. If you fix columns in order with personal fields, when you change of view the columns return to default order and your changes are lost.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 08:28:51 am »

When you uses the radio-stations the MC freezes sometimes.

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33:10 am »

i couldnt play ripped blu ray, but when i rolled back to ver 193, ripped blu rays started working again.

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 10:53:46 am »

Thanks for the note. I use bifrost via usb and I always have "play silence on pause" unchecked. anyways, after a couple of reboots my system is flawless now once again.

Bifrost asio control panel lets you specify bit-depth: 16 or 24/32 bits. I have it set at 24 bits and 24/96 material plays perfectly. I have noticed chances are higher that you get clicks with 16 bit material. May be that's what happened yesterday.

FWIW I also have a Bifrost that works flawlessly with JRiver.  However, I am using a second generation Bifrost with internal USB which connects via Wasapi.  There is no way to use ASIO with the current drivers.  The drivers you are using, if I have read your posts correctly, are supplied by SotM for their USB interface (please correct me if I am wrong).  From their you connect to your Bifrost either with optical or RCA Coax.  If I use my RCA coax for the computer interface with the Bifrost there is a chance of getting some kind of clicking noise between sample changes...... this also happens with my PS Audio Dac II when using RCA coax.  When I switch to USB there is dead silence on either Dac between sample changes.  The Bifrost works like a dream with a USB interface in my system...... Win 8 64.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »

Playlists that aren't the 1..12 presets in the Car Radio group will be deleted.  A user had 6000 playlists in that group (we don't know why) so we added a cleaner:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81097.msg552859#msg552859

Wow, that's a huge car radio!

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »

In Theater View selecting a channel from the guide about 30 percent of time will launch a channel where the picture is frozen and the audio plays. You can push stop which exits to the guide and you can then select the same channel and it will launch and play properly (both video and audio).

Bitstreamed audio played out of WMC and decoded by my Denon 2112ci sounds normal while audio that is decoded by MC 18 has a lot of echo that is not in normal playback. Certain content especially talk shows seem to sound like they are in a cavernous room. Interesting effect but clearly not correct. Any suggestions on what settings to change. Ordinary stereo can sound weird too. This is audio from TV. I have not done any testing with music. In WMC if the content is Dolby Digital it is sent untouched to the AVR. What might MC be doing when it is decoding the stream?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »

gtgray,
I've had that echo problem when I had volume raised on both my receiver and my TV.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 12:27:49 am »

gtgray,
I've had that echo problem when I had volume raised on both my receiver and my TV.

I will check that. Right now I set it back to bitstreaming in MC and the audio is fine. There was some frame weirdness going on so I turned of video clock. I will go back check TV volume although it sounds weird that it would also effect video.

mcduman

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 02:29:10 am »

FWIW I also have a Bifrost that works flawlessly with JRiver.  However, I am using a second generation Bifrost with internal USB which connects via Wasapi.  There is no way to use ASIO with the current drivers.  The drivers you are using, if I have read your posts correctly, are supplied by SotM for their USB interface (please correct me if I am wrong).  From their you connect to your Bifrost either with optical or RCA Coax.  If I use my RCA coax for the computer interface with the Bifrost there is a chance of getting some kind of clicking noise between sample changes...... this also happens with my PS Audio Dac II when using RCA coax.  When I switch to USB there is dead silence on either Dac between sample changes.  The Bifrost works like a dream with a USB interface in my system...... Win 8 64.

bifrost actually has an ASIO driver. http://schiit.com/drivers/. But I, too, prefer WASAPI with this device for stability issues but still get the occasional click & pop. BTW, I use the 1st gen USB receiver with the uber analog upgrade.  can you share your jriver settings bit depth, buffering, memory play, hardware synchronization etc?

I also have a sot-m DDC which feeds the bifrost through its coax input but it is not super stable either, as you said.

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:04 am »

The driver download on the Schiit site is their driver package for all Dac's that provide a USB interface.  That package includes drivers for the 1st and 2nd generation USB boards.  You can call it an ASIO driver but it does not offer that mode nor does it offer kernel streaming.... only Wasapi.  It is written by Cmedia for their chip which is used by Schiit in Bifrost and Gungnir.  I also have the Uber audio upgrade but I have not heard any difference from the original board...... I installed it myself.  I have attempted to use the 1st generation drivers but could never install them in Win 8 environment and according to Schiit my Dac also wouldn't interface with the 1st generation drivers. 

My interface mode is Wasapi with 'Event' disabled.  I have found everything to be more stable with that setting.  I use all stock settings for buffers (100 milliseconds ) and use auto for bitdepth but have tried 32 and 24 bit with no problems.  I play from memory and I play silence for 2 seconds for hardware handshaking on startups and sample changes.  Works like a dream with no clicks or noises between sample changes or on any startups. All of this is moot if SPDIF coax is used as no driver is needed.  I have an HT Omega Halo card in my computer which allows SPDIF passthrough in RCA coax form so I can bypass the limiting optical out. Schiit actually prefers that method but then you/I are subject to occasional clicks and pops.

Victor

chrisjj

Incorrect playlist path on Creative ZEN
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 07:58:08 pm »

1 Connect a Creative ZEN and format (to ensure default state)
2 In Explorer, verify that the ZEN holds folder "My Playlists" http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4939/cz7.png
3 In MC, right-click device, click Options...
4 Click Redetect all devices (to ensure default state)
5 Inspect Playlist Path

Expected: My Playlists, to accord with device
Observed: Playlists http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2020/4h4.png, failing to accord with device and causing MC playlist reads and writes to go to wrong folder.

Workaround: Amend Playlist Path to My Playlists.

Note: Device playlist read functions will access playlists placed in a wrong folder, but playlists written by the device go in the correct folder and hence cannot be read by misconfigured MC accessing the incorrect folder.

chrisjj

Re: Incorrect playlist path on Creative ZEN
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 08:10:29 pm »

PS It seems the default Images Path is likewise incorrect. It has the value Images. The ZEN has no such folder. It has Pictures.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »

Converting files in "Replace original file on disk and in library" mode is still leaving the old Conversion value in the file's tags. This was occurring in the last release build as well (195? Can't remember now...)
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up