INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Focus issue  (Read 1714 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Focus issue
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »

Before yet investing in another, I would have expected some more serious development for version 18, incl. bug fixes!
For my experience, the new GUI renderer introduced in v.18 caused lots of new issues (such as windows/dialogues not receiving proper focus) that would need to be fixed, and some lost features (e.g. scrolling player bar title text) that should first be restored to make v.18 worth its price!
I think it's a little bold to make us pay again before these current version issues are resolved; remember we're NOT talking about new features, but pending fixes. Can we be sure these issues are at least being addressed in the new version?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Focus issue
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »

Before yet investing in another, I would have expected some more serious development for version 18, incl. bug fixes!
For my experience, the new GUI renderer introduced in v.18 caused lots of new issues (such as windows/dialogues not receiving proper focus) that would need to be fixed, and some lost features (e.g. scrolling player bar title text) that should first be restored to make v.18 worth its price!
I think it's a little bold to make us pay again before these current version issues are resolved; remember we're NOT talking about new features, but pending fixes. Can we be sure these issues are at least being addressed in the new version?
I looked at your posts and didn't see a focus problem reported.  Try 18.0.209.  If you then still have a problem, please report it in the thread that announces the build.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Focus issue
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 05:35:14 pm »

I looked at your posts and didn't see a focus problem reported.  Try 18.0.209.  If you then still have a problem, please report it in the thread that announces the build.
Thank you Jim, but the issue was reported using other words (see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80682.msg549317#msg549317), saying "no right click menu in fullscreen...".
Another dialogue affected is the Windows 'location picker' (e.g. in "Rename, move & copy" > "Search") that constantly pops up behind the main window...
As to v.18 updates, I have mine set to the default "Stable only (recommended)", thus don't know any newer release than 18.0.206.
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Focus issue
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 02:50:28 am »

I just had a Edit Search dialog end up behind the main window.  Latest beta.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up