INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Execution Prevention - Windows Vista x64 stops MC19 when exiting Live TV.  (Read 3306 times)

Lenm

• Recent member

Hi,

New to JRiver and to this forum, would like to report an issue with MC 19.0.29.

Downloaded, installed and set up trial version of MC 19.0.29. In Theater View, MC19 crashes or more accurately Windows stops MC19 when exiting, presssing "Stop" (the square icon) on menu bar when watching live TV.

The reason Windows gives is Data Execution Prevention (DEP), preventing the program executing code directly from memory.

Sytem is Windows Vista x64, 6 gB memory installed.

Tried restarting MC19, entering Theater View then recreated the issue watching the same TV channel/program. Resulting logfile attached.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What is the TV tuner you use?  It may be a problem with the driver.

Lenm

• Recent member

The TV Tuner is Hauppage WinTv-HVR-1100 (94xxx) the driver version is 2.8a (WinTV7_CD_2.8a.exe).

Lenm

• Recent member

Further,

Checked for reports of issues with Hauppage HVR-1100 and there are some reports of stability problems on some Hauppage cards with >3 gB installed memory (on this forum too for a 500 version Hauppage card) but none specifically mention DEP issues. I disabled DEP in Vista for JRiver Media Center and tried exiting Live Tv as before with the same result, MC19 crashes but no DEP error message from windows.

Setup Windows Media Center with the same Tv card, I'm able enter and exit Live Tv without an issue.

Lenm

• Recent member

Hi,

I found and updated the HVR-1100 driver from the Hauppauge website. MC19 still crashes but I've setup Windows Media Center, MediaPortal's MC and XBMC (using Mediaportal and NextPVR back ends) with the same Tv card drivers etc. I'm able enter and exit Live Tv without an issue. I had to install Directx runtime modules for MP and NPVR and both required setting up manually to get them to run. WMC pretty much set itself up and run out of the box. MC19 similarly set itself up, run out of the box and is very stable but unfortunately there's the crash on "stop". Am I missing something in the setup, anyone got any ideas?

I'm thinking the issue is not the HauppaugeTv card/driver.

Lenm

• Recent member

P.S.

Can this be related to kstuart's "crash on pressing stop", sounds like similar symptoms?
Pages: [1]   Go Up