INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.32 -- Available Here  (Read 24458 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.32 -- Available Here
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:52:22 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190032.exe

This is an early build of MC19.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less trouble free than MC18 for some.  Back up your current MC library before installing.  Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.32 (8/23/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.

19.0.31 (8/22/2013)

1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.   
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.

19.0.30 (8/20/2013)

1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.

19.0.29 (8/16/2013)

1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.

19.0.28 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)

19.0.27 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.

19.0.26 (8/13/2013)

1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.

19.0.25 (8/12/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.  

19.0.24 (8/9/2013)

1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).

19.0.23 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.

19.0.22 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).

19.0.21 (8/7/2013)

1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.

19.0.20 (8/5/2013)

1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).

19.0.19 (8/2/2013)

1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba

Thanks for the good work

Import VIDEO_TS is working ...   ;D

//jonas

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

Until now, no freezes when trying to close mc after playing a file. Good!  :)

Theater View, zone switching, focus bug still there. :(
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!

BITRATE kbps not honored in Visualization Studio/custom visualizations. Output shows ? regardless of file type or bitrate.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

BITRATE kbps not honored in Visualization Studio/custom visualizations. Output shows ? regardless of file type or bitrate.

Do you have memory playback enabled?  If so, bitrate is not available in this mode:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81982.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!

Do you have memory playback enabled?  If so, bitrate is not available in this mode:
Yep! That was it! Thanks MrC!

XR219

• Recent member

Hi Guys,

In response to the earlier thread (which is now locked)

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.31 -- Available Here -- Please read carefully
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 09:05:41 am » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: XR219 on August 25, 2013, 06:14:20 pm
Accessing the Media server from Panasonic Viera TV, Panasonic Blu ray player, Windows 8 (Library explorer, by clicking on computer and expanding the folders) DLNA fails to display any results. When you "click" on the Audio folder, it simply displays another audio folder and another etc etc. this also happens when browsing the media server from Windows explorer (19.0.29) Same happens with Pictures and Videos etc. Strangely, it works fine on the Xbox 360 native music player.

Sorry, I don't completely understand the issue.  Was this working in previous versions?  Does a search here :https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=005780494091206822845:vpd2c05icau for Viera TV DLNA provide anything useful?   

I've only just bought the new TV, so not sure if it worked before or not, but it definitely worked in Windows and now doesn't. When you connect to the DLNA server (MC19.0.32) you get presented with three folders; audio; pictures; videos etc. When you click on Audio, rather than presenting you with Artist, Album, etc etc it just presents another folder labelled Audio, if you click on that, another folder labelled audio and so on and so on. It never actually presents the categories to allow you to drill down to a particular track or album or artist. I could record a video of what happens if that would help, its not easy to describe (or maybe that's just me) :)

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

Hi Guys,

I've only just bought the new TV, so not sure if it worked before or not, but it definitely worked in Windows and now doesn't. When you connect to the DLNA server (MC19.0.32) you get presented with three folders; audio; pictures; videos etc. When you click on Audio, rather than presenting you with Artist, Album, etc etc it just presents another folder labelled Audio, if you click on that, another folder labelled audio and so on and so on. It never actually presents the categories to allow you to drill down to a particular track or album or artist. I could record a video of what happens if that would help, its not easy to describe (or maybe that's just me) :)

Hmmm, what are your settings for your DLNA server?  [Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA devices]
You could try a couple of the presets, particulary the UPnP one.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

XR219

• Recent member

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick response. I've gone back through the setting on the TV and they are all set to Auto (which is correct) but it prompted me to double check the MC options. I disabled DLNA Server, then re enabled it, selecting "Generic DLNA" and its all working as expected again. Apologies, but this looks like it was my user error.

Thanks for your help :)

XR219

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.32 -- Available Here
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »

Sorry guys,

Further update. If select generic DLNA, the files play on the Viera, but not on the Xbox 360. If I select Xbox 360 mode for the server operation, the files play on the Xbox, but not on the Viera. If I select Generic and enable WMC compatibility, the files play on the Xbox, but not on the Viera. So it would seem that by selecting Server settings that are compatible with the Xbox (such as Xbox 360 or WMC compatibility) the files wont play on other players. (Puzzled Smilie)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 02:42:03 pm »

Sorry guys,

Further update. If select generic DLNA, the files play on the Viera, but not on the Xbox 360. If I select Xbox 360 mode for the server operation, the files play on the Xbox, but not on the Viera. If I select Generic and enable WMC compatibility, the files play on the Xbox, but not on the Viera. So it would seem that by selecting Server settings that are compatible with the Xbox (such as Xbox 360 or WMC compatibility) the files wont play on other players. (Puzzled Smilie)

You can create multiple DLNA Servers [Options -> Media Network -> Add or configure DLNA Servers..]
In Playing Now, you can then associate every DLNA Device with a certain DLNA Server (context menu), and that way have different configs depending on which device you play to.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:15 pm »

You guys really have thought of everything!  :)

Sorry if some of what I'm saying sounds stupid, I've only recently discovered jriver, and I'm still learning.

Thanks very much for the advice, much appreciated.

mazspeed

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 06:55:25 pm »

if I buy MC19 and run it, will it save all my new settings from MC18? I just had someone come in and tune the software for me. I don't want to have to start over again.

Thanks
Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 07:07:06 pm »

if I buy MC19 and run it, will it save all my new settings from MC18? I just had someone come in and tune the software for me. I don't want to have to start over again.

Yes.  Settings and your library are automatically migrated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kisslvoer72

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »

Noticed that since i upgraded to MC19, I can not update from MC. I have to go to the links and manually update. When i try to check for updates in MC i get an error message "there was a problem checking for updates". i have placed my antivirus in learning mode, thinking that may be blocking MC, but that isn't the problem.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »

Noticed that since i upgraded to MC19, I can not update from MC. I have to go to the links and manually update. When i try to check for updates in MC i get an error message "there was a problem checking for updates". i have placed my antivirus in learning mode, thinking that may be blocking MC, but that isn't the problem.

Are your settings for Update Channels set for Latest or Stable?

If it is the later, it will not grab every update....

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

kisslvoer72

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:17 pm »

they are set to stable

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:14 pm »

they are set to stable
Then you can, if you wish, try any of these:

1) leave it at stable and get the releases that the developers consider stable

2) leave it at stable and get the release from the forum board and install it manually

3) change channel to latest

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

kisslvoer72

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 08:02:43 pm »

that did it. switching to latest fixed the problem.

thanks for the help. great product.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 07:31:04 am »

Hi Guys,

Complex problems requiring discussion should be posted in another thread.  This one should be on the Media Network board.

Alex Peychev

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:00 am »

Why I don't see Kernel Streaming option for my USB device anymore?

Thanks!

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 08:33:12 am »

Why I don't see Kernel Streaming option for my USB device anymore?

Thanks!

Isn't it under 'More'?

Alex Peychev

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 11:55:49 am »

Isn't it under 'More'?

It was there but then disappeared. Mode was "convert to DSD/DoP". So I went to the DSP Studio and checked None. Then the KS mode reappeared in the "more" menu. I went back and selected DoP again, and KS remained there. So now it works, but it was a strange "bug".

audioriver

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:13 am »

I have a 2-row split Audio view, and always want to have Playing Now at the bottom. I select it, enable Lock View 2 but somehow Playing Now is lost quite often. Not sure if this the way MC works (I had this issue with MC18 sometimes, but not this often) or if it's a problem with MC19. The bottom row is still locked, but Playing Now is gone and I usually see my view's main window (same as top).
Windows 10 Pro x64

pjchappy

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 04:38:01 pm »

The Audio Device - Digital Output section mislabels the devices.  As you can see in this picture, in the pull-down menu, USB [ASIO] is selected, but the selected device shows as the WASAPI output (using my EMU-0404).

https://hl0orw.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pc_nvF5T_m5wxTCJp90ojdKGMwC9EdB5e6a8bWfp6sElwFcDbJqbC4XCDq-WQYQc2NybWz4IDJhjn-CZY2MrIOyp7uDNhVHNgT8-E6eMOBHQ/JRiver.jpg?psid=1

p

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »

The Audio Device - Digital Output section mislabels the devices.  As you can see in this picture, in the pull-down menu, USB [ASIO] is selected, but the selected device shows as the WASAPI output (using my EMU-0404).

That pipe in the name of the E-MU is causing trouble.

Thanks for the report.  We'll get it fixed.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »

Hi there - found what I think is a bug.

If you put MC in "Stop after each item" repeat mode - then "Next" button stops working.

I would expect that after the item has finished playing, the playback item will progress to the next file, ready to hit play?
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

kstich

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

Thanks for the update. I have been using it for a little bit now and it seems fairly stable.

With the new output settings, it seems as though the bit depth has been moved. The DSP studio window for output still states the bitdepth can be changed there in the text description. I think this was a carry-over from V18. I am fine with the move, but I had to search for a bit to find it. I noticed the Automatic setting seems to be smart enough to package the 16 bit files I have in a 24 bit package. Good work. Are there times when the Automatic setting uses the native bit rate, e.g. use native when no processing is enabled?

I have done an analysis on the music files with the new R128 volume leveling. It seems like there have been a few times where the software gets confused with the output volume checkbox. I have found a couple of times that checking it too often and it will start to invert the selection. I also found that when V19 has volume levelling, then using V18 without volume levelling and then going back to V19 the checkbox is still shown as clicked and says enabled and processing, but it actually is not enabled. This has made for some loud tracks in both systems when going back and forth.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:20 am »

SACD ISO files display tracks correctly, but:

• Do not show any Sample Rate.
  • Report incorrect size to View Schemes info.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 01:06:22 am »

Hi there - found what I think is a bug.

If you put MC in "Stop after each item" repeat mode - then "Next" button stops working.

I would expect that after the item has finished playing, the playback item will progress to the next file, ready to hit play?
I would have thought that when set to stop after each item, the next button should act as a "stop" button.

I agree that it would be nice to have Media Center's selection advance to the next file in the playlist when it does this, however.
It would also be nice if there was a temporary "stop after the current item" option, which then changed to "repeat off" (or your previous setting) after stopping.

For example, I might be in the middle of a playlist and have to stop to do something else around the house, so I set the current track to "stop after this item" and I want to just be able to hit play and have it pick up where I left off.

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 01:38:39 am »

I added "Michael" to the new "User" tag to an MP3. I then put "[User]=[Michael]" into the search bar. No hits. I then added a column to the "Panes" view with the "User". When I click on "Michael" in the "User" column, the MP3 that I had tagged appears.

Perhaps search is broken for the "User" tag?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 03:05:52 am »

Hi,
Replay of M4a aac audio files on MC19 client does not work with automatic playback. It fails with "Something went wrong with playback" error.
To get playback on a client "Playback Method" has to be set to "JRiver audio engine (using Directshow filter)" in Options: File Types.
Files playback OK on server with "Playback Method" set to "Automatic".

Is there any disadvantage to using "JRiver audio engine(using Directshow filter)" method rather than the normal input plug in?
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

HiFiTubes

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23:04 am »

I own (2) video cards, one Nvidia, one ATI...and when MC19 is building video thumbs my monitor will flash black/desktop, once as each thumb is built; but only when using the Nvidia card.

Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this? I'd rather stick with the Nvidia card.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:33 am »

I added "Michael" to the new "User" tag to an MP3. I then put "[User]=[Michael]" into the search bar. No hits. I then added a column to the "Panes" view with the "User". When I click on "Michael" in the "User" column, the MP3 that I had tagged appears.

Perhaps search is broken for the "User" tag?

This is because the 'User' field is actually a list of numeric internal user IDs (this helps performance and also allows renaming user accounts without causing trouble).

The field editor presents the numbers nicely as display names, but the search engine only understands the numbers.

For now this is just a limitation of the system.  Someday we'll try to handle it more elegantly in the search system.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 10:50:00 am »

I own (2) video cards, one Nvidia, one ATI...and when MC19 is building video thumbs my monitor will flash black/desktop, once as each thumb is built; but only when using the Nvidia card.

Anything I can do to help troubleshoot this? I'd rather stick with the Nvidia card.

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue using an Nvidia card.  Interested to see some thoughts on this issue.

Edit: I am still using MC18 though ... so this is not an issue limited to just v19.

HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

HiFiTubes

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 11:01:02 am »

I have the exact same issue using an Nvidia card.  Interested to see some thoughts on this issue.

Edit: I am still using MC18 though ... so this is not an issue limited to just v19.

Interesting, thanks for chiming in as I hadn't tested with MC18 yet.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:53 am »

Play Doctor is WAY too hidden. Just talked to two friends who use MC and they don't know about it. I can't even find it myself now in MC19. There is no Toolbar icon to add and I've clicked on on pretty much every menu or option and don't know what I'm doing.

Please make this more obvious.

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 11:21:58 am »

Pay Doctor is WAY too hidden. Just talked to two friends who use MC and they don't know about it. I can't even find it myself now in MC19. There is no Toolbar icon to add and I've clicked on on pretty much every menu or option and don't know what I'm doing.

Please make this more obvious.

thanks

It's in Playing Now, the top view in the program.

It's also near the top of every right-click menu: More Play Options > Play (with Play Doctor)

I suppose everything is hidden until you find it ;)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:52 am »

It's in Playing Now, the top view in the program.

It's also near the top of every right-click menu: More Play Options > Play (with Play Doctor)

I suppose everything is hidden until you find it ;)

Seems obvious dead center, but I have never seen it. I rarely use Playing Now without having already started playback and that space would be populated with Cover Art.

... and didn't see it in any higher level menus. Thanks, I'll try it out.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:56 pm »

It would also be nice if there was a temporary "stop after the current item" option, which then changed to "repeat off" (or your previous setting) after stopping.

There is a "Stop after current item" option - In the menu: "Player" > "Stop after current item"
This resets after playback stops.

Having said that, the issue I reported stops the Next button EVER working (even when playback has stopped).

Please try it out...
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 01:15:28 am »

There is a "Stop after current item" option - In the menu: "Player" > "Stop after current item"
This resets after playback stops.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks. It would be nice if it could be added to the "Repeat" drop-down menu. (and if the repeat, shuffle, and audio path buttons were available when playing videos in the default Noire theme)

shAf

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 07:05:25 am »

"Analyze Audio for Video Files" doesn't appear to be working for 'Auto Import'
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 10:27:05 am »

Same Issue here
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 03:32:17 pm »

MC freezes on exporting all playlists. It stops at +400 everytime for me. Canceling the export unfreezes MC again.
Sorry, had to wait just a view minutes for the export to complete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up