INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.37 -- Available Here  (Read 10556 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.37 -- Available Here
« on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:51 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190037.exe

This is an early build of MC19.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less trouble free than MC18 for some.  Back up your current MC library before installing.  Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.37 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.

19.0.36 (9/4/2013)

1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE tags that used replaygain_track_gain style naming.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).

19.0.35 (9/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.

19.0.34 (8/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads.  Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: MC can record television channels on CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.

19.0.33 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.

19.0.32 (8/23/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.

19.0.31 (8/22/2013)

1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.   
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.

19.0.30 (8/20/2013)

1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.

19.0.29 (8/16/2013)

1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.

19.0.28 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)

19.0.27 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.

19.0.26 (8/13/2013)

1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.

19.0.25 (8/12/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.  
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Media Center 19.0.37 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

Getting some weird graphical/UI glitches in Noire standard view since upgrading from .32: periodic screen strobing/flashing, and jerky scrolling, etc.

Someone else reported something similar in the .36 thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83320.msg568927#msg568927, although I'm not getting any taskbar weirdness (although mine isn't hidden by default).

mercman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:49:55 am »

19.0.37 killed my DSD playback regardless of setting. My DAC would not recognize the DSD files. Uninstalled .37 and went back to .36. All is well now. I'll have to do some experimentation to give you folks more information to work with.

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:20:59 pm »

It seems that when I use the parametric equalizer to adjust the volume of the right channel, the changes are applied to the left channel instead - and vice versa.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »

It seems that when I use the parametric equalizer to adjust the volume of the right channel, the changes are applied to the left channel instead - and vice versa.

We haven't heard this before, so make sure you don't have your speakers hooked up in reverse.

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »

That's not it. I can't seem to find the source of the problem.

helpme

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

MC 19 has recently (not sure which build) stopped recognizing my Samsung S3 as a handheld.

Just ran MC18 again and confirmed the phone shows up. MC19 will not detect the device. (I'm sure it did in an earlier build)

Stephen

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 02:36:21 am »

Thanks for fixing zone switching focus bug. Working again,but.........

Now, if i press "escape" in theater view to enter standard view, mc is changing zone itself.

Example:
Start playing audio with Zone SPDIF (Onkyo Receiver), switch to standard view (Escape), zone TV HDMI (Direct Connection to TV) is selected, switch back to theater view->Zone TV HDMI is still active???
TV HDMI was the first zone i generated. It always switches back to TV HDMI, from any zone i created after switching
theater view<>Standard View.

Edit:

OK, not always TV HDMI. Now i tried it the other way round. Started playing in zone TV HDMI, switched to standard view, zone SPDIF active. The funny thing: After that, i tried it again the other way round. This time zone SPDIF stays active. Switched through zones. After that, i tried it again with SPDIF, back to standard view-> TV HDMI active??  ?

Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

shAf

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 11:13:31 am »

Analyze audio is still not working for auto-import of audio and video files. 

Let me know if you need more info ...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 02:36:08 am »

This is nitpicking but it is bugging me a little, so I thought I will share this here. When a file is playing and one clicks on the pause button, it takes a few seconds for the button to change from the "pause" image to "play" image. It should happen almost instantaneously. Is this by design or a bug?

Thanks,
Osho

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 03:49:45 am »

This is nitpicking but it is bugging me a little, so I thought I will share this here. When a file is playing and one clicks on the pause button, it takes a few seconds for the button to change from the "pause" image to "play" image. It should happen almost instantaneously. Is this by design or a bug?

Thanks,
Osho

The button changes after it has finished fade effects. The longer the fade effect, the longer it takes for the button to change.

Not sure if buffering adds to this as well as buffering also increases the time before an effect kicks in. I think I just answered my own question ...  ::).

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 07:22:09 am »

Weirdness:

I clicked on the Media Server icon in the MC19 Start Menu folder, but instead of Media Server starting MC19 reinstalled itself and yet when the install was complete Media Server still was not running.

So, Why the Media Server icon then?
. . . the game is rigged

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 11:46:50 am »

Changing visualizations when in full screen causes MC to crash.

dean70

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 05:16:56 pm »

If you kick off an import in Standard View and let it run in the background, then switch to theatre view & start a Show, it will pop up the completion dialog in the middle of the video - should this remain hidden until you return to Standard View?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:15 am »

If you kick off an import in Standard View and let it run in the background, then switch to theatre view & start a Show, it will pop up the completion dialog in the middle of the video - should this remain hidden until you return to Standard View?

My vote would be for the summary to be an Action Window instead of a modal dialog.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:38 am »

My vote would be for the summary to be an Action Window instead of a modal dialog.
+1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »

Split -- Freezing Issue

Please use a new topic if something will require discussion.  This topic should be bug posts only.  Post here and link to another topic if necessary.

dean70

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 05:36:47 pm »

+2. Could something simliar apply to some of the other common modal dialogs, eg: DSP Studio, etc? Currenly they can be hidden by the main window gaining focus.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:46 pm »

When working with more than one library on the same machine, changing import folders in one library continues to change the import folder settings in the other library.

Since these libraries are separate shouldn't MC be able to handle this setting for each library independently, or am I simply trying to do something beyond it's scope?
. . . the game is rigged

playdough

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 08:36:18 pm »

Tried to download a youtube video -- download progress bar shot across in <1sec, no file downloaded
Pages: [1]   Go Up