INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video stuttering problem  (Read 5741 times)

Kukulcan

• Recent member
Video stuttering problem
« on: September 10, 2013, 04:15:12 am »

Please help me! I installed MC 19 and I cannot use JRiver anymore for playing DVD or Blurays. It appears that MC 19 doesn't use gpu hardware acceleration. My cpu is poor but I have a Radeon 6450, and with MC 18 everything was fine with Red October standard.

Should I get rid of MC 19? Is this the only solution?
Morover uninstalling MC19 together with its settings, actually doesn't remove the settings because there are folders that remain anyway (in program files I think) unless you delete them manually....

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stuttering! MC 19 unusable
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:28:08 am »

There is a hardware acceleration option under Options > Video.
Red October Standard is still available in MC19 - are you saying that you're trying to use Red October HQ (madVR) in MC19 and are having problems now?

With a slower GPU, you may have to reduce the madVR settings if you want to use Red October HQ. I'd recommend setting all scaling options to bilinear to see if you can get smooth playback at all on that card, and work from there.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:52:41 am »

Thank you for your reply. Yes I know that option, it's flagged, and I also tried the settings in Option/General/Video Crd. I made several tests in the last days trying MadVR and its algorythms, my system actually it's not up the madVR. So I bought (still waiting for delivery) an ASUS GTX 650 Ti , mainly because I will use madvr for loading in it a 3dlut for charactarization of my projector.

While making all these tests, I decided to install MC19, and it was then that my problems started... Even setting RO Standard, the stuttering is overwhelming! Cpu is always above 60%, and tools for gpu usage indicates always 0%!

Actually the only solution is to uninstall MC19, deleting folders that strangely don't get deleted by the uninstallation process, fresh install of MC 18 and importof the library backedup without importing the settings.

Have you a better idea before I abandon this MC 19, since I suspect that there's a bug somewhere about the usage of the gpu....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:19:13 am »

While making all these tests, I decided to install MC19, and it was then that my problems started... Even setting RO Standard, the stuttering is overwhelming! Cpu is always above 60%, and tools for gpu usage indicates always 0%!
This could easily be a virus checker problem.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
Re: Video stuttering problem
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:27:23 am »

Many thanks Jim! So would you be so kind to confirm me the procedure I have to do?

-Back up on the desktop of the library

-uninstall MC 19 together with library and settings

-looking for any possible remaining folders and deleting them (suggestion???)

-restart windows

-disable antivirus (Nod32) and fresh install of MC19

-importing library but NOT settings

is it all? And one more thing... I find extremely intesting the "Analyse audio" function and I already have analyzed much stuff. There's a way to back up those analysis?

thanks again

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:32:09 am »

What version of MC18 are you running? Several months ago there were some changes made to hardware acceleration that may have affected you. (though I think it was mostly Nvidia-related)
If you're running an old version of MC18, and went to the latest version of MC19, it may be the first time seeing the results of those changes on your system.

I only have Nvidia hardware here, but I can confirm that the hardware acceleration option is definitely working.
Hardware accelerated video playback does not necessarily result in GPU load though. I don't know how AMD cards are set up, but with my Nvidia card, there is GPU load, MCU load, and VPU load.
Enabling hardware acceleration mostly only affects VPU load, and has little effect on GPU load.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:07:40 am »

No, now I'm running 19.0.32. The installer I have for MC 18 is 18.01.06 . Of course MC 18 has automatically updated since I got it, and I don't know what version I had when I installed MC 19.

Important! I don't know if it was wrong, but consider that I installed MC 19 without uninstalling MC18, could be this the reason?

After that I performed several installations and uninstallations trying to solve this issue...so now I've ended up with the MC 19 on and still trying to make it work.

The playback actually varies in speed, it's probably good in static scene, but the more complex and fast changes the scene, the slower become the playback of a movie. During fights/explotions/action, it almost stops. It happens also with dvd.

Please note also the screenshot attached right click on video/direct show filters/enhanced video renderer The movie was running slower than normal in that moment, but still it was possible understand the scene, I mean, it was not skipping photograms. Hope it can make the problem clearer...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:41:20 am »

19.0.37 is at the top of this board.

Disable the AV software to test.  Uninstalling it may be necessary.

You don't have to uninstall MC18.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:20 am »

Did you try Red October Standard for your video setting?

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

Yes, this issue refers only to Red October Standard. I had Lav filters, but I uninstalled them, still the problem persists.

Boltron

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:07:44 am »

A long shot but...

Do you have the correct refresh rates set  up? If for example the TV supports 24 and you are playing at 23.876 you will see some stuttering.
For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

refresh rate checked, as usual, and never gave me a problem. I set JRiver to change display settings

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:00 am »

Yesterday I also had problems with stuttering video. I had watching TV and after some time something had broken. It took me over two hours before I found the cause. "System" process had used 20-40% of the CPU. I checked running services, task scheduler, event viewer etc. and found nothing. At last I found that the problem was enabled option "Stream my pictures, music, and videos to all devices on my home network" at Windows Control Panel / Network and Internet. After I've disabled it, smooth video has been restored. Some time other windows search indexer process was guilty so I turned it off. Sometimes it is hard to find where is the problem, it could be also hdd bad sector(s), broken gpu drivers or some scheduled tasks etc.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 12:04:25 am »

i initially had stuttering video issue, stutters every second or so...
Realized it was JRiver importing video files. Spikes in CPU power to create thumbnail art video stills for the video files. soon as the importing stopped, stuttering ceased too.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 09:47:44 am »

Hardware updated------------ Asus Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

MC 19 -----------------------stuttering as usual

RO Standard, ROHQ, or RO custom (LAV+MadVR), make no difference. And keep in mind that I have never experienced such bad behaviour with MC 18, even with the just changed Radeon 6450, a much less powerfull video card...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 10:09:01 am »

Uninstall the virus checker.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 10:15:14 am »

Sorry Jim, what are you suggesting me exactly?   I use NOD32.

Deactivate the antivirus during the installation process of MC19? Right? Or keeping it deactived every time I use MC19?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 10:19:15 am »

Deactivating a virus checker might work, but it doesn't always work.  Uninstalling does.  It's the only way to know.

You could look at the "Weird Problems" thread in my signature to see how many problems are caused by virus checkers.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:30 am »

This is also a possibility.

i initially had stuttering video issue, stutters every second or so...
Realized it was JRiver importing video files. Spikes in CPU power to create thumbnail art video stills for the video files. soon as the importing stopped, stuttering ceased too.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 12:28:15 pm »

Another remote chance, based on something I encountered several years ago.  I have a hot swap storage device that when attached via eSATA and the disk is unmounted, the device was sending a storm of interrupts.  Turning off the device solved the problem.  So its possible some problematic device is causing the issue.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Kukulcan

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 06:52:02 am »

Solved!!!

Sorry JimH, you were right :), it was the antivirus...

uninstalled everything, reboot and performed again a new installation of MC19 but this time with NOD32 disabled during the installation process, and now it works fine, of course even with NOD32 normally enabled.

The old recommendation of disabling antivirus appears today to be still a good advice...

maid

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 04:48:22 pm »

I wonder if this is similar to a problem we are having.

We recently installed a new antivirus bitdefender and we are getting jumpy movies too.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up