INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not all songs seen in an album  (Read 4608 times)

timber715

• Recent member
Not all songs seen in an album
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:03:29 pm »

This might have been asked before but I tried looking for a solution but to no avail...
In jremote, not all the songs in an album can be seen. Also they are not in the proper sequential order that it came in from the cd...
Please help....
Cheers

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:09:54 pm »

Check the tags:

- Disc #
  - Track #
  - Album
  - Artist
  - Album Artist
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »

Check the tags:

- Disc #
  - Track #
  - Album
  - Artist
  - Album Artist
Kinda new at this, can you guide me how?
Thank you much for the immediate reply.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 01:20:13 pm »

In MC, select all the relevant files.

Go to the lower left, and select Tag in the Action Window.

Look at the values for the tags mentioned above.  Album should have a single value, and should not say Varies.  if it does, click-to-edit there and enter the correct value.  Then a single value will be set for all the tracks.  Do likewise for Artist if this is not a various artists album.  Album Artist should be empty if this is not a various artists album, or should contain a single value (should not say Varies).  Disc # should be clear if there is only one disc, or set to 1, 2, 3, ... for the tracks of each disc (obviously, you'll have to select only the tracks for any given disc).

Scan the track #'s in the file list (main right lower portion of MC, which you may have to expand by clicking File with you hover over a thumbnail in the upper portion of MC).

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:43:12 pm »

In MC, select all the relevant files.

Go to the lower left, and select Tag in the Action Window.

Look at the values for the tags mentioned above.  Album should have a single value, and should not say Varies.  if it does, click-to-edit there and enter the correct value.  Then a single value will be set for all the tracks.  Do likewise for Artist if this is not a various artists album.  Album Artist should be empty if this is not a various artists album, or should contain a single value (should not say Varies).  Disc # should be clear if there is only one disc, or set to 1, 2, 3, ... for the tracks of each disc (obviously, you'll have to select only the tracks for any given disc).

Scan the track #'s in the file list (main right lower portion of MC, which you may have to expand by clicking File with you hover over a thumbnail in the upper portion of MC).
MrC, I truly appreciate your help. Unfortunately it isn't working for me.
I first checked the tags of a certain file (album). It indicated one album title, one artist, and the track listed varies and is correct in MC. But on jremote I still cannot get some songs.
One more thing, this is only one of thousands of albums with none reflecting songs on jremote.
Could it be something in options that can correct all this instead of one at a time?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Not all songs seen in an album
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:55 pm »

Try selecting all the songs in an album and editing the tags MrC suggested.  There may be a small difference you don't see.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »

Try selecting all the songs in an album and editing the tags MrC suggested.  There may be a small difference you don't see.
Hard to see if there is... Decided to take a photo for you to see what I am getting.
This one is only missing one song (8. Sailing) others are missing more than half the album.

And the jremote view...

Apologies for the cellphone picture.

csimon

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:13 pm »

Or highlight just two tracks, one that appears in JRemote and one that doesn't, and see which tags vary. Make sure you have All Tags selected - the icon on the top left of the Tag window.

Also check the view setup - JRemote uses Gizmo views so go into Tools/Media Network/Advanced/Customise Views for Gizmo and check what Categories you have in your view, together with Rules for File Display. That might give you a clue as to what JRemote is selecting and is playing.  However, varying tags are the most likely cause.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »

Try selecting all the songs in an album and editing the tags MrC suggested. 
Did you try this?  Try editing them.

csimon

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »

Having seen your tag window, I suspect Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto).  You need to select All Tags so that you can see them.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 02:08:34 pm »

Or highlight just two tracks, one that appears in JRemote and one that doesn't, and see which tags vary. Make sure you have All Tags selected - the icon on the top left of the Tag window.

Also check the view setup - JRemote uses Gizmo views so go into Tools/Media Network/Advanced/Customise Views for Gizmo and check what Categories you have in your view, together with Rules for File Display. That might give you a clue as to what JRemote is selecting and is playing.  However, varying tags are the most likely cause.
Can you guide me through the process on what to choose  in categories and rules for display.
Tried choosing two tracks and it reflects the same....

Did you try this?  Try editing them.
I did.. Still the same. Even restarted mc.
Having seen your tag window, I suspect Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto).  You need to select All Tags so that you can see them.
In the picture I posted, it shows all the songs were selected prior to tags...

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 02:24:45 pm »

Is there a reset button? It would be a pain to start building my playlist again, but if that can fix it....

csimon

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 02:28:01 pm »

Do what you've done but in the top left corner of the tag window click the symbol and select All Tags.

Then click on a track that appears in JRemote and Ctrl-Click on a track that doesn't appear. This will highlight just those two. Then look in the Tag window and find out which tags are showing as Varies.

Check carefully the following tags:

- Disc #
- Album
- Artist
- Album Artist
- Album Artist (auto)
- Complete album

These should all be exactly the same.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 02:41:09 pm »

Do what you've done but in the top left corner of the tag window click the symbol and select All Tags.

Then click on a track that appears in JRemote and Ctrl-Click on a track that doesn't appear. This will highlight just those two. Then look in the Tag window and find out which tags are showing as Varies.

Check carefully the following tags:

- Disc #
- Album
- Artist
- Album Artist
- Album Artist (auto)
- Complete album

These should all be exactly the same.

Yes they are the same...

csimon

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 02:44:11 pm »

Go to Tools/Media Network/Advanced/Customise Views for Gizmo and see what Categories are defined for your view. (Highlight the view on the left and read off the Categories on the right).

Press the Rules For File display button and see what rules are defined.

csimon

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 02:46:18 pm »

In your screenshot of JRemote, what view are you selecting? It says Recent at the top....shouldn't you be selecting Artist or Album?

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 02:54:37 pm »

In your screenshot of JRemote, what view are you selecting? It says Recent at the top....shouldn't you be selecting Artist or Album?
It reads recent, for recently added albums... It is the same as albums or artists.
I just uninstalled mc18 and 19 since I cannot find a reset button. Hope it turns out ok after reinstall.

MrC

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:01 pm »

FYI - there's no need to take photos.  Use screenshots; they are easier and more accurate for others to see.  On the Mac, use the Grab tool.  On the iPad, press the top Power button and the front home button at the same time briefly, and let go, and then you see the screen flash (and hear the camera sound) - the photo will be in your Camera Roll.

I'm not sure where you are at this point.  Do you see the album grouped together correctly in MC now?  Ignore JRemote for now.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 04:03:02 pm »

The problem is in one of the settings in mc that I must have ticked... Everything works well now. Glad I didn't have to tag each album and song or artist....
Thanks for the replies. Hope this could help another person in case it happens to them...
I think it would be nice though if the setting that caused this problem can be located...
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up