INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Filename  (Read 2365 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
No Filename
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

I have started using auto-import in MC19 and seeing a problem where filename is not listed; it should read \\synologynas\Music.

I also have this exact problem on files on local drives; affects 21K files - no filename shown.

I have disabled auto-import for the time-being, and I'm doing a manual import of all files with Fix broken links set to Yes.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Filename
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:01:09 pm »

I have started using auto-import in MC19 and seeing a problem where filename is not listed; it should read \\synologynas\Music.

I also have this exact problem on files on local drives; affects 21K files - no filename shown.

I have disabled auto-import for the time-being, and I'm doing a manual import of all files with Fix broken links set to Yes.

The filename field should never be blank.  You might try restoring from a library backup.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 01:06:14 pm »

Thanks, today when I started MC, I noticed many Album thumbs missing. I'm going to uninstall MC18 after a re-import and leave auto-import off for now.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 11:38:42 pm »

Thanks, today when I started MC, I noticed many Album thumbs missing. I'm going to uninstall MC18 after a re-import and leave auto-import off for now.

Matt - not sure if you want a dedicated thread for this but I removed all the NO FILENAME listed files, which seemed to be extra imports (an extra 100K files). Everything was fine, so I ran an import to update for changes and every file has a dup with no filename. Again, the behavior applies equally to NAS files and local disk files. The NAS files are always imported using the network host name, not a mapped drive.

MC18 seems fine but I haven't run a import update. I can try to roll back a build in JRMC19 or to and see what happens tonight.

Jaxwired

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:39:08 am »

Been using jriver 19 for 6 months now, no problems.  This morning I wake up to find every single track in my library now shows twice under each album. 1 version shows no file path and the other one shows the correct file path.  The one with no file path won't play anything. The one with the file path plays find. I've downloaded nothing since yesterday unless it auto updated by itself.  I've changed no settings.  This problem did not exist yesterday.  I've changed nothing.  The computer was shut down for the night and when I booted up this morning voila, my library has every song with a phantom dup.   Please advise.  Thanks.  

HiFiTubes

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:58 am »

MC18 working 100% with same system. No extra "no filename" files added after Import.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 10:39:45 am »

Welcome.

To fix the problem, please restore a library backup from yesterday (the program makes the automatically).

However, it'd be good if we could figure out what might have caused this.  Any other clues?  Anyone else?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:23 am »

Any third party software or other changes recently? 

Synology?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

I've used the 411j NAS for some years now. It I did add a ton of high Rez and dff files on (3) internal drives 2 months ago but never saw the problem until last build or so.

I tag a lot so I feel I this is pretty new in last build or so. No other hardware changes except new nvidia card 2 months ago.

I see the phantoms on both local and NAS; but MC18 still not having this issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

My theory is that something corrupted the filename field, causing it to blank.

Then, auto-import ran and pulled all the files back in with filenames (the old records won't match when auto-import runs since the filename is gone).

Any tips to reproduce this would be greatly appreciated.  Something special like a power failure, or doing a large import, or anything else not everyone is doing?

Jaxwired

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »

In my case this is a dedicated music server running windows 8.  The machine has nothing on it but jriver.  Nothing has changed.  Ther might have been ab auto windows update, but other than that possibility definately no change to the box

Jaxwired

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 07:28:45 pm »

Ok, I don't know what caused it but I fixed the problem.  I viewed my library by file and then sorted by file name. All the entires with blank file names were then grouped together.  I selected all of them and right click "delete".  Gone now.

The one thing that did change recently is my ipad which runs jremote was updated to ios7. Could that be the culprit.  I think a new version of jremote was downloaded in the process.  

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »

I too have updated to ios7 and new jremote version. I also deleted and re-added some "gizmo" views.

Jax- maybe do an import to update your library for changes and see if the problem reappears.

It does for me in MC19, but all is well in MC18.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 04:15:06 am »

All my playlists are borked too. I'd roll back to a new Library but it looks like my trial just expired.

Can I extend again?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 01:18:21 am »

Ok, I paid for the upgrade. I have the faith.

So far so good. I have left auto-import off and ran a new import. Will check again tonight, make a lib. backup, and maybe re-enable Auto-import to see if it happens again.

cheers

HiFiTubes

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:04:50 am »

Anyone still having issues?

I changed to driver letter instead of \\networklocation and turned off Auto-Import (had 2K files with filename too long for import). No problems.

DV8

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My Karma ran over my Dogma
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:01 am »

I was dealing with the exact same problem. My rather large library suddenly had 3 entries for each item except only one of the entries had a filename associated with it. More on this in this thread.....
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83348.0

The only two things I can think of that might have caused this are :
1. It only happened after I backedup the library and then put a brand new system in place and restored the library to the new system. It worked fine and everything was good but a couple of weeks later, the multiple library entries started up.
2. I have all my files on a server that has been a tad flakey. It goes blue screen and restarts every few days for some reason I haven't been able to figure out. It just reboots itselft and the MC19 client works fine.

Perhaps these dead library entries are happening if the network source files suddenly aren't there when auto-import kicks in?
(eg: during one of my server reboots)

Auto-import couldn't fix the problem even when I set the fix broken links to Yes.
I eventually just manually deleted the entries without filenames and that seems to be stable now after a week.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:50 pm »

DV8 is your system stable? Are you using Auto-Import?

I'm going to turn AI back on as I have tons of dups, not empty filename, but dups.

Will report if it is just NAS are any of 3 local disks too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up