INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.45 -- Available Here  (Read 13146 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.45 -- Available Here
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:21:46 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190045.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.45 (9/24/2013)

1. Fixed: mp4/m4a files would not play on LS clients if user chooses "Automatic" or "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)" for Playback Type.
2. Changed: Video playback no longer forces the 'Clip protection' overflow handling mode but instead allows flat-lining overflows if so desired.
3. Fixed: Some click handling problems from build 44.
4. Fixed: When MP3 decoding encountered bad frames, audio analysis could slow way down instead of quickly working through the errors.

19.0.44 (9/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Shell extensions were causing problems in build 43.
2. Internal: More work on mouse click and double-click handling to fix some issues with trackpads (please report any issues).

19.0.43 (9/23/2013)

1. Fixed: A couple click / mouse issues due to the internal click handling changes.
2. Changed: Analyze Audio allows analyzing up to 8 files at a time instead of 4.
3. Fixed: Memory playback could engage when analyzing audio or converting and impact the memory usage and performance of the operation.
4. Faster: Improved thread parallelism when analyzing audio (and to a lesser extent regular playback).
5. SDK: The HTML engine supports .Rating and .RatingStars variables on any file object (can be used by WebGizmo, etc.).
6. Fixed: If a video file issued a finished event before ever starting, it could cause the audio analyzer to hang on the file.
7. Fixed: Thai text (and possibly others) could draw with incorrect character spacing.
8. Fixed: ASIO Line-in playback was not working properly.
9. Fixed: A corrupt MP3 file could cause a crash when decoding in rare cases.
10. Changed: Edit control scrollbars are indented one pixel so that they're inside the edit border with most skins.
11. Fixed: The Trunc(...) math expression function could show incorrect results in some cases.

19.0.42 (9/19/2013)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash in rare cases.
2. Changed: The installer checks for SSE2 and shows an error if it's not found instead of refusing to run (we have no way to test this, so confirmation would be appreciated).
3. Changed: Revised the check for operating system support for AVX CPU instructions to hopefully fix an issue on XP running in Parallels (testing appreciated).
4. Fixed: When a client request a television channel that the server is already running (either recording or serving other clients), a black rectangle is drawn on the upper lefter corner of the server.

19.0.41 (9/18/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for SSA/ASS subtitle custom margins in the styles block.
2. NEW: Convert Format allows optionally specifying an audio output bitdepth.
3. Fixed: A corrupted APE file could cause decoding to stall in rare cases.
4. Fixed: Television tuner specific configuration dialog was not displayed.
5. Fixed: MadVR fell out of exclusive mode on OSD with TV playback.

19.0.40 (9/17/2013)

1. Changed: A processor that supports SSE2 is now required (added in 2001 to Intel, 2003 to AMD).
2. NEW: Added a 6 dB/octave mode for high and low pass filters in Parametric Equalizer.
3. Changed: The import summary is presented as an Action Window and only shows a popup and switches to 'Recently Imported' if a user clicks 'Details' on the summary.
4. Fixed: The new JRTelevision Dll did not work.
5. Internal: Revised left mouse click handling so that single, double, and triple clicks are generated by JRiver's framework instead of the operating system (should be internal change, but please report any mouse related issues).
6. Fixed: The installer could incorrectly want to reboot when it couldn't install the shell extensions.

19.0.39 (9/16/2013)

1. Fixed: Some handheld devices would not appear in the last few builds (due to the internal COM changes).
2. Faster: When loading Theater View backdrops from multiple sources, all sources are loaded at once instead of loading one at a time.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/GetFile allows specifying a custom mime type for the response (to deal with carriers or ISPs that may block or throttle MP3 data).
4. Faster: Netflix queue is downloaded 2 to 3 times faster due to using parallel threading. Cancel works better.
5. Fixed: A few rare MP3 files could get slow to play or analyze.
6. Fixed: The brightness / contrast skin effect could overflow and look bad when using SSE acceleration.
7. Fixed: The removed FTP upload tool could incorrectly appear in the send to menu ( removed when MFC was removed: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75971.0 ).
8. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver allows the host to configure the driver buffer size instead of keying off Options > Audio > Live playback latency (this way programs that query for the buffer size of all ASIO drivers on startup won't cause MC to start).
9. Changed: Socket buffer size to 32k.
10. Changed: Allow re-use of the base socket listener for library server (non-windows versions).
11. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode would not use a fixed gain in some cases where it should have.
12. Internal: Switched television engine from an MFC COM control (MJTVControl.dll) to a regular DLL (JRTelevision.dll).

19.0.38 (9/10/2013)

1. Fixed: The installer would always register the 64-bit shell extensions, leading to cases where shell extensions could show in Explorer when the option was off in MC (manually turn on, OK out of options, then turn off, and OK out of options to fix).
2. Fixed: The custom library backup path validation could unnecessarily create the default folder.
3. Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).
4. Fixed: The visual mouse over state for an edit control would not always be honored properly.
5. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode normalizes on a per-track basis when Volume Leveling is off and on a per-playlist basis when Volume Leveling is on.
6. Fixed: WPD camera acquisition could fail in the last few builds due to the internal COM changes.
7. Changed: MC has a white list of device names that support system volume while bitstreaming, and no longer disables the system volume slider when playing to these devices (if you have a device like this, please provide details).
8. Fixed: Audio device names with pipes or backslashes in them could cause problems in Options > Audio.
9. Changed: Added experimental support for ASIO DSD output to devices that do not specify a DSD buffer format like Teac, maybe others (feedback appreciated).
10. Fixed: If auto-import got canceled while analyzing audio, it would record it as an error and not try again for a year.
11. Fixed: Column auto-sizing was not working in some areas.
12. Fixed: The projection aspect ratio was inconsistent when switching between some 3d visualizations.

19.0.37 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.

19.0.36 (9/4/2013)

1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE and some other audio formats.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).

19.0.35 (9/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.

19.0.34 (8/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads.  Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: MC can record television channels from CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.

19.0.33 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.45 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:33 am »

Funny! I just spent two hours trying to fix a "mystery" shell extension problem. After much research, I discovered and downloaded ShellExView and found out it was JRiver etc ... and 15 minutes after I zero in on it, I found out the problem had been discussed yesterday, that others used SHellExView and that there was the .45 fix waiting for me!!! You'd think with all the time I spend reading this board I would have noticed earlier and avoided the heartache. No harm done though, congrats on the team for being so responsive!

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:12:06 pm »

I was just about to report explorer crashing on right click with a connection to a MC19 build 43 DLL... but then this update already fixed it. Thank you  :) ;D

Ghettorat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 01:29:34 pm »

That shell extension bug was very bad!
I had big problems because of it with my htpc/server and thought my old SSD was going bad. I went and bought a new SSD, cloned it , tried all fixes and still it persisted.

I know its beta, but still..

Happy otherwise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 02:34:12 pm »

We have two versions available at all times.  Latest and Stable.  If stability is your most important requirement, then subscribe to the Stable branch.  Help/Update Channels.

The problem was discovered within hours and the build pulled.  A fix was available within one day.

More on available builds here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

Ghettorat

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »

I have been using your betas for years I just haven't had it affecting other stuff than jriver itself that's why I was surprised.

I rarely see software developers improving/updating products as much as you so that one of the reasons I choose/recommend you.

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:16:27 pm »

When tagging in the action window (with showing all tags) I keep losing the scroll pull.

Tags that should be editable are not, right click seems to not be enabled.

tag fields = Studios, Themes, screenwriter etc

Thank you

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:02:52 am »

Many thanks for the playing M4a files on client fix- tested all OK now.  :)
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 03:52:21 am »

The Tag edit going from bad to worse, as from last version .45 the field which are editable list mode you can't right click and insert information there, only added one by one!
When the tag edit it will fixed? and either the scroll bar is disappear from there and you need to open again the tag editor.
Thanks.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 07:56:38 am »

"4. Fixed: When MP3 decoding encountered bad frames, audio analysis could slow way down instead of quickly working through the errors."

Is there a way to use this for file verification? I use foobar for that sole purpose only and would rather have that function built into MC. If you handle errors while doing audio analysis you might as well write an error log and make that accessible.

Emsubs

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »

"Double-click to Stop" doesn't work for me (when not showing the stop button).

Clicking the stop button works fine (when showing the stop button).

Thanks

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:58 pm »

"Double-click to stop" not working here either (in MetroX).

rjm

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 12:03:42 am »

"4. Fixed: When MP3 decoding encountered bad frames, audio analysis could slow way down instead of quickly working through the errors."

Is there a way to use this for file verification? I use foobar for that sole purpose only and would rather have that function built into MC. If you handle errors while doing audio analysis you might as well write an error log and make that accessible.

That's a really good idea.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
Clicking on some of the trees main entries causes MC to crash
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 04:44:24 am »

A Click on "Performer Store", Playlists", "Drives & Devices" or "Services & Plug-ins" causes MC to crash immediately.
Using the little arrows to expand these tree entries first and then click on one of the subentries works OK.
The main entries "Playing Now", "Audio", "Images", "Video" and "Documents" work as expected.

audioriver

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:04 am »

I resumed library import and audio analysis, but after analysing lots of files MC now stalls at the first one, and does so every time I start it up. Can only quit through Task Manager.
Windows 10 Pro x64

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 11:58:50 am »

Installed 19.0.45 with 18 installed, and everything seemed to go well, except my video / TV collection was missing most of the cover art in the move. Don't know why.

Also, I don't see a JRiver audio driver (still using the Creative ASIO driver), and I don't really know exactly if MC re-analysed my audio or not....

On to MC Mac 19 :) 

gappie

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 08:22:45 am »

im not sure if this has anything to do with the mouseclick handling changes, but when i click and hold the mouse on the horizontal scrollbar and move ths scrollbar, all files get 'lassoed'. i have lasso for the leftmouse button enabled. it does not happen on the vertical scroll.

:)
gab

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 09:58:01 am »

After upgrading to this version, I can no longer drag to reorder anything in DSP Studio (can't drag DSP modules, PEQ entries, or anything else).  Right clicking and selecting "move up" or "move down" still works in PEQ, but those context menus aren't available for all items.  Anyone else experiencing this?  No problem with this previously on .41, and downgrading fixes it.  Maybe related to the new mouse handling?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:51 am »

After upgrading to this version, I can no longer drag to reorder anything in DSP Studio (can't drag DSP modules, PEQ entries, or anything else).  Right clicking and selecting "move up" or "move down" still works in PEQ, but those context menus aren't available for all items.  Anyone else experiencing this?  No problem with this previously on .41, and downgrading fixes it.  Maybe related to the new mouse handling?

I believe this is addressed in an upcoming build.  Hold tight...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

shAf

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 03:10:47 pm »

Dragging to re-order DSP processing doesn't work(?) ... or am I missing something?
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 03:14:53 pm »

Dragging to re-order DSP processing doesn't work(?) ... or am I missing something?

You missed the post immediately before yours, and the one just before that.  :-)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up