INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo 19.0.88  (Read 6917 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Gizmo 19.0.88
« on: December 06, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »

This is the latest version of Gizmo (JRiver's Android application).  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

The build will move to the Play Store at a later date, after testing here.

19.0.88 / 82 (December 6, 2013)

NEW: Updated Playing Now buttons.
Changed: Added the ability to disable playback caching in Options.

19.0.50 / 81

NEW: Added ability to customize the number of files that get downloaded ahead in a playlist.
Fixed: Cache pruning was not working properly in some cases, causing the download cache to grow too large (should be capped at 512MB).
Changed: When silently reconnecting, Gizmo will issue wake requests (previously it only issued wake requests when connecting manually).

19.0.41 / 80

NEW: Repeat mode is optional (in Menu > Options > Repeat mode).
Fixed: The list of zones would not appear with build 40.

19.0.40 / 79

Changed: Gizmo uses the mime type application/octet-stream for audio file transfers to avoid ISP or carrier blocking (requires MC 19.0.39 or newer).

19.0.39 / 78

NEW: Added lock screen controls while playing on the device.
NEW: Bluetooth track information is provided when playing on the device (using AVRCP).
NEW: Bluetooth controls work while the screen is off.
Fixed: Web radio streams that were stored in the library or playlists were not playable on the device. 
Faster: When clicking the header to switch modes while connected to a dead server, the menu of choices will appear much faster.
Fixed: In some cases 'Error communicating with server' could show incorrectly on the screen.

19.0.38 / 77 (September 12, 2013)

Fixed: The cache downloader could crash in some cases.

19.0.35 / 76 (September 4, 2013)

NEW: Added thumbnail size option (menu button at top right > Options).
NEW: Added a screen lock option to keep the screen on (dim or bright) while Gizmo is showing (useful for tablet installations).
Changed: The volume up and down commands work when playing on the device (for cases when there are no hardware volume buttons).
Changed: Bluetooth play and pause commands will trigger the play/pause button (for devices without a play/pause button).
Changed: Stopping playback stops the read-ahead caching system from working ahead.
Fixed: Playback stats are fired when playback starts instead of when the cache reads-ahead for a file (requires MC 19.0.35 or newer).
Fixed: When playing a video, playback would sit at a black screen instead of return to the browse screen in 19.0.32.

19.0.32 / 75 (August 28, 2013)

NEW: Added the ability to 'Play (with Play Doctor)' from anywhere in the audio browse tree.
NEW: When a server call fails, the program will retry a few times.
NEW: The program will attempt to automatically switch the server IP address as it transitions from wifi to data.
NEW: File playback caching uses ranged requests so an interrupted download is resumed instead of restarted.
Faster: When there is no wifi or ethernet, connecting to a server will skip local addresses.
Changed: Audio playback loops the playlist until stopped (unless the playlist is only one track).
Changed: Added a system so that partial cache entries (from a crash or other problem) will never get used.

19.0.31 / 74

NEW: Improved cache system so that the playback of the first file also plays from cache (but playback still starts immediately).

19.0.30 / 73

NEW: Playback on device uses a caching system that reads-ahead and keeps files between runs, increasing reliability with weak connections.
Faster: Browsing switches screens faster.
Faster: Android 4 devices load thumbnails concurrently for improved performance.
Faster: When connected to MC19, thumbnails load faster.  

18.0.180 / 72

Changed: Errors communicating with the server show an information bubble, but don't cause the program to automatically reconnect to the server.
Changed: When acting as a remote, an error communicating with the server to get information about what's playing will look more transparent.
Changed: When playing on the device, the program will retry for up to 10 minutes to open the URL to better handle sporadic connections.

18.0.171 / 71

NEW: Totally revised Theater View remote mode.
Changed: Requires Android 2.2 or newer.
Changed: Switched to newer more efficient networking API.
Changed: Connecting will wait less time waiting for each IP address, but will retry more times (should reduce connect time in many cases).
Changed: Tuned the default timeout for web service calls to wait a little longer (should help prevent reconnects with spotty coverage).

18.0.126 / 67

NEW: It is possible to connect using an IP address.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Gizmo 19.0.88
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:59 pm »

NEW: Updated Playing Now buttons.

Sharp!!!  :)

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:55:02 pm »

Very good. Working properly.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

Nice !!!
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 02:58:08 am »

Direct Download, if it helps...

Řistein Rian

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 03:37:45 pm »

Gizmo does not work at all on Samsung Galaxy S4 9505
Audio says: Preparing - Phone almost freezes
Video says: Preparing - Error communicating with server

Audio used to work, but not anymore....

Video has never worked on S4

Everything works great on my wifes Galaxy SIII

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »

Audio says: Preparing - Phone almost freezes

You could use Options in Gizmo (top right button) and try turning off the cache.

We do a trick of running a server on the phone and playing from that for the first file to allow simultaneous playback and download.  Maybe it's a problem for some devices?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Řistein Rian

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 03:17:53 pm »

Preparing...    is all I get with or without caching. The phone freezes, and in most cases I have to restart the phone. The strange thing is that audio used to work ok... Then in octobre, I think, things stopped working after an update... Video has never played on Galaxy S4.

Galaxy III is working perfect.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 09:52:44 am »

Audio used to work, but not anymore....
Audio works fine on my GS4.

Quote from: OisteinR
Video has never worked on S4

Everything works great on my wifes Galaxy SIII
Video has never worked on my GS4. I'm blaming that on the Samsung video app/renderer.

strend

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 11:21:04 am »

Just got an LG G2 and I'm sad to say that Video doesn't work on it.  :'(  Video will start to play, but close out after a second or two.  The app doesn't totally crash, it just acts like I hit the back button.

Also, the music player also occasionally just skips to the next song on it's own.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 03:02:07 pm »

It's posted to the PlayStore now.

jhermosillo

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 05:37:09 pm »

Using Gizmo on android, in the playing now screen the playing list button disappears when the list is bigger let's say 6 or 8 albums. I tried to play all my Keith Jarrett albums and the list disappeared,, is this a bug?

BTW using MC 19, latest version, and I just installed this version of Gizmo.

Thanks

John

Castius

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 02:01:27 am »

This version works much better on my logitech revue (Google TV)
Much less preparing hangs and better video support.
Nice icons update as well.
THANK YOU!!

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 07:13:52 am »

Gizmo works great, except on my S4. I have a buddy who is trying to get his wife to give him his S3 back so Gizmo will work again. :)

Don

connersw

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 07:48:05 am »

Using Gizmo on android, in the playing now screen the playing list button disappears when the list is bigger let's say 6 or 8 albums. I tried to play all my Keith Jarrett albums and the list disappeared,, is this a bug?

I am not able to replicate this on a Droid 4.  I added over 500 tracks, close to 50 albums. 

The new buttons look much better.  Thank you.  Would love to see something similar on the Home screen.  Seems like new buttons are being worked on throughout MC so maybe this in the works? 

Would also appreciate a Gizmo fix for the Galaxy S4.  I get grief about it at least once a week. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

Gizmo works great, except on my S4. I have a buddy who is trying to get his wife to give him his S3 back so Gizmo will work again. :)

Don
Please follow this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85125.msg587312#msg587312

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 12:57:08 pm »

Seeking while playing music still causes issues for me. It's hit or miss. More miss though. If I seek, sometimes gizmo just locks up. Android will FC it. Then if I restart gizmo and try to play anything, it just gets stuck  on checking cache. I have both MC19 and gizom set to not cache. This has been a problem from me ever since switching to MC19. Most of what I listen to are DJ sets that are 60+ minute files. Showing pictures to friends has caused issues too. Gizmo as a hole has been unstable for me since MC19. This is on a Nexus 4 running 4.4.2

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »

Try using the cache.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 04:14:05 pm »

I have used cache on the server and Gizmo. Same problem. I disabled it on both ends because gizmo would often get stuck on checking cache but it didn't help.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 01:03:22 am »

Last time I used Gizmo much, tracks in Playing Now couldn't be reordered (or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it, and no one gave an answer here). Has that been addressed?

A second issue was that seaching could find only entire albums and not give access to tracks within the album. Not very helpful.

I've been using a 3rd party UPnP control point instead, but I'd love to switch to Gizmo.

Thanks

connersw

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 01:17:36 pm »

Last time I used Gizmo much, tracks in Playing Now couldn't be reordered (or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it, and no one gave an answer here). Has that been addressed?

You can shuffle (Settings -> Commands -> Reshuffle), but you can't drag tracks up and down to reorder specific ones.  Would be a nice feature if it did.

A second issue was that seaching could find only entire albums and not give access to tracks within the album. Not very helpful.

Search provides access to specific tracks. 

dean70

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 07:29:55 pm »

Is there a way to change the Album view from Thumbnails to Details?

Also it would be nice to have an option to return to a default zone when launching Gizmo (rather than the zone last selected).

Pages: [1]   Go Up