INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.88 -- Available Here  (Read 10343 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 19.0.88 -- Available Here
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190088.dmg

19.0.88 (12/6/2013)

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
3. NEW: Support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins.

19.0.84 (12/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak in build 83.

19.0.83 (11/27/2013)

1. Fixed: The display would not update after extended playback when Spectrum Analyzer was enabled in the player window. This would make the UI appear to be frozen.
2. NEW: The Apple Remote (white plastic) is now supported (play/pause, ff/rew, next/previous, volume up/down).

19.0.76 (11/18/2013)

1. NEW: Visualizations in the player bar at the top of the program are now shown during playback.
2. Changed: Copy and paste cover art was working for image data only.  Now artwork files/URLs can be copied from Finder or web browsers.

19.0.75 (11/14/2013)

1. Changed: This build includes debug symbols which will show up in crash dumps to ease debugging.  Regular builds have these stripped out.

19.0.74 (11/12/2013)

1. Fixed: A bug in the menu tracking system could cause crashes.

19.0.73 (11/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Frequent crashes due to a threading bug introduced in build 71 with the way JRTools objects were created.

19.0.72 (11/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Network was broken in the previous build. A crash would occur when thumbnails were sent to a remote device.

19.0.71 (11/6/2013)

1. Fixed: Alphabetic sorting of lists could be incorrect in some situations with some locales.
2. Fixed: At application startup, JRTools objects were not getting created in the correct order - possible cause of crashes.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Changed: Auto update now launches the downloaded DMG updater.
2. Changed: Improved support for integer mode on devices that use multiple output streams.
3. Fixed: Back slash in filename caused file to not import.

19.0.67 (10/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback on little endian devices that used padding was not working.
2. Fixed: When caps lock was on, lists would think the shift key was pressed, making them difficult to use.

19.0.65 (10/28/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback on devices that used padding could result in incorrect playback (testing appreciated).
2. Changed: Sorting of devices in Options > Audio is more logical.

19.0.64 (10/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback mode was not working properly with devices the used MSB padding instead of LSB padding.

19.0.63 (10/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Integer playback mode was not working correctly with devices that used padding.

19.0.62 (10/25/2013)

1. Changed: Integer mode will work with more hardware.
2. Fixed: Media Network was not working properly.

19.0.60 (10/24/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for integer mode playback ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84657.0 ).
2. Faster: Improved performance, with JRMark scores are about 40% higher for the database section and 5% higher for the image section.
3. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output using DoP (configure in DSP Studio > Output Format).
4. Fixed: Dropboxes (in tagging action window for example) would sometimes lose keyboard focus so you couldn't type anything.
5. Fixed: Drop suggestion boxes were drawn without a border.
6. Faster: Core drawing engine uses SSE acceleration for flushing and flood filling (helps performance of all user interface).
7. Faster: Speed improvements to date handling that help performance in many areas of the program.
8. Fixed: Crashes on 10.9 (Mavericks) in Media Network http header handling.
9. Fixed: App signing was not being done right.  Could cause warning message at install time about unrecognized developer ID.
10. Changed: Improved how Options > Audio exposes Core Audio devices to make device selection more clear.

19.0.57 (10/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Ape files with very long paths (> 260 characters) could crash on import.
2. Fixed: Ape format files on read-only drives could not be imported or played.
3. Fixed: Right-to-left reading text (Hebrew for example) was not displayed correctly. Symbols for each word were all bunched on top of each other.
4. Changed: The processor extension requirement has been lowered to SSE2 (added in 2001 to Intel, 2003 to AMD). Previously SSSE3 was required.
5. Fixed: When converting audio to WAV format, the RIFF chunk size could be set wrong by 8 bytes.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.55 (10/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Filenames containing combining diacritic marks (German umlauts for example) were displayed incorrectly in file listings and could cause crashes.
2. Changed: Volume up / down commands from hot keys (volume keyboard buttons, remote, etc.) work in 5% increments instead of 1% increments.

19.0.54 (10/10/2013)

[Build was pulled due to not containing the latest code updates]

19.0.53 (10/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Deadlocks (beach-balls) could occur when viewing file lists with thumbnail images.
2. Fixed: 2XDSD was included in the drop-list for DSP / Output Format / Output Encoding even though it's only supported with ASIO on Windows.
3. Fixed: Genre field could be incorrect when imported from certain M4A format files with integer id3v1 genres.  In MC they would look like an '8' in parenthenses instead of "Jazz" for example.
4. Fixed: Handling of 32-bit integer input files was not working in the last few builds.
5. Fixed: Added support for MP4 files that used a custom genre atom in their tag, but stored a standard genre by putting a number in parenthesis.
6. Fixed: Double-click on the pause button while playing was not stopping.
7. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (Thanks elda).
8. Fixed: Fonts that used left or right overhangs could draw with the overhang portion cropped.
9. Fixed: The white-list for allowing system volume to work while bitstreaming was not working with some Resonessence Labs hardware.
10. Changed: Added the ability to use the token [User] in the playerbar to display the name of the current user.
11. Fixed: Customization to the playerbar would not always take effect right away.
12. NEW: Added 'Set levels from decibel meter' button to Room Correction to make it easier to calibrate levels.

19.0.49 (10/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Copying zone settings was causing crashes.
2. Fixed: In the JRiver folder under Application Support, an unnecessary "Generic" folder was getting created at program startup.
3. Fixed: A running instance of Media Center would prevent OSX from shutting down.
4. Fixed: Audio calibration tool was not available because the plugin 'in_audiotest' was not included with the build.
5. Fixed: Skin effects menu item was missing.
6. Fixed: Many non-applicable image/video items were still in the options dialog and some menus.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Re: Media Center 19.0.88 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »

2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
This is looking really good.

Some things don't seem to scale yet, and the position of some objects doesn't scale when you enable it, but it's good progress.

• Width of the sidebar doesn't scale up
  • Car radio text doesn't scale up
  • Play Doctor text doesn't scale up
  • Show/Hide arrows don't scale up
  • Thumbnail Size becomes half of what it was
  • Thumbnail Slider doesn't change
  • Height of the tab bar doesn't update until you open a new tab
  • The options window appears with the categories positioned off-screen
  • The icons for each category in the options window are not resized
  • Vertical bars to resize the width of a split view are not resized
  • Position of the Audio Path hover is wrong, and it scrolls.
  • The shuffle/repeat menu appears halfway across the screen.
  • Menu text scrolls even though it only takes up 1/4 of the screen height.
  • Menus appear halfway up the menu bar
  • The "Quick Search"(?) arrow next to artist/album/genre in a list is not scaled up.
  • The Maximize button makes the window 1/4 the size of my screen, and halfway into the menu bar.

I am also seeing a bug where tooltips are not being rendered correctly. It's as if they're drawing over the non-retina position of the window?

Unrelated to that, I find that I am unable to set a bit-depth when using CoreAudio as an output.
I'm sending audio to an AirPort Express which only supports 16-bit audio, but Media Center outputs 32-bit via Integer Mode.
I assume CoreAudio converts it to 16-bit, because it plays, but I'd rather Media Center did that to ensure it was being properly processed/dithered when going through things like Volume Leveling.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:51:56 pm »

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit

THANKS !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »

Some things don't seem to scale yet, and the position of some objects doesn't scale when you enable it, but it's good progress.

Thanks for the nice list.  We'll slowly work through these in the coming weeks.

Retina support has been a many step process.  A little of it is discussed here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84084.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85535.0

We'll make a post with more details on Retina in a few weeks once the feature is stable (right now it's labeled experimental).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dan1970

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:33:16 pm »

Thanks for retina, big improvement!

To add to the list of 6233638, the rating stars don't scale up either.

maqian247

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 07:31:26 pm »

Finally, support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins! Very helpful! Thanks a lot!

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »

Very nice job with the Retina support. I run a headless Mac Mini but often screen it to my Macbook Pro (Retina), the fuzziness/blur that used to be present at times is gone!

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 03:01:25 am »

I'm having a few problems as well. When I press stop when a song is playing, I can't start another song on the same album again until I restart the program and my sound driver for my Exasound E20 DAC. I can go to another album and it will play, but just any other songs on the same album. My files are all located on a NAS if that makes any difference. I'm also experiencing some crackling and cutting out at times. I've also had quite a few crashes and freezes requiring forced quit's. I'm not using any output encoding or DSP processing. Also when I click on the menu items at the top occasionally some of the drop down boxes don't want to disappear when I click on a different one and they are in the way. The computer I'm using is a mid 2011 13" macbook pro with an i7 processor, 8gb of ram and 500gb SSD. I have windows 7 on another partition on this same computer with MC18 installed on it and it operates fast and flawless.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 07:21:05 am »

I'm having a few problems as well. When I press stop when a song is playing, I can't start another song on the same album again until I restart the program and my sound driver for my Exasound E20 DAC. ....
Please confirm that you have 19.0.88 installed.

Mivera

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 04:41:54 pm »

Sorry I didn't realize that I had 19.0.84 installed when I made the post. But all of the same problems are still happening anyways now that I have 19.0.88 installed.

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging error
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:09 pm »

My MC19 nowadays not able to save some of the tag changes. They jammed.
I also not able to exit MC on a normal way, only with error message. I attached this one. I made a copy of Apple error report.

Zsolt
MacBook Pro 2016 13", Soekris dam 1021 DAC, Almarro A318B, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium, Qattro mkII loudspeakers by Troels Gravesen

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging error 2
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 10:37:50 am »

Please also find my log attached. Could be a problem my too much files?
I have 2 TB of music files.
regards,
Zsolt
MacBook Pro 2016 13", Soekris dam 1021 DAC, Almarro A318B, PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium, Qattro mkII loudspeakers by Troels Gravesen

JohnT

Re: Tagging error 2
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 11:35:22 am »

Please also find my log attached. Could be a problem my too much files?
I have 2 TB of music files.
regards,
Zsolt
I don't think the size of the library should matter. I can't reproduce the problem here, which method do you use to exit the program, "Exit" on the file menu, Quit on the main top menu, or the little red close box in upper left?
Does it always crash on exit, or just sometimes?

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:56 am »

The procedure is the following:
I change some tags - it is OK, saved automatically. But after some, they jam. I can see on the bottom: "saving tag changes (x remaining)".
And after this tact doesn't move.
Finally I try to leave MC. I use the "Quit" option, Under MC19 menu.
"Exit" under file menu has no effect; MC disappear, but the upper menu line stays.
If I have this tagging problem, I always have error message (it says: automatically sent to Apple).
And since yesterday I have this problem after each use MC.

Zsolt

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »

The procedure is the following:
I change some tags - it is OK, saved automatically. But after some, they jam. I can see on the bottom: "saving tag changes (x remaining)".
And after this tact doesn't move.
Finally I try to leave MC. I use the "Quit" option, Under MC19 menu.
"Exit" under file menu has no effect; MC disappear, but the upper menu line stays.
If I have this tagging problem, I always have error message (it says: automatically sent to Apple).
And since yesterday I have this problem after each use MC.

Zsolt
Do you think some of the files that you're tagging might be on a "read-only" file system?  I can try testing that.

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 04:41:27 am »

Do you think some of the files that you're tagging might be on a "read-only" file system?  I can try testing that.

I don't think so. I think the problem comes only if I make too much tag changes during a certain time.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 11:33:38 am »

Disabling media key mode does not actually work as I can still control jriver with the keyboard and the remote is still being interfered with by the program somehow even if you cannot play anything with it.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »

So a (seemingly) random event in media network mode.

Playing a track and it suddenly stops and either starts the next track, or skips to a different place within the same track.

The player doesn't even seem to know it happened as it just continues playing.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 09:54:04 pm »

A bump to call some more attention to:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85768.msg587453#msg587453

This is causing headaches such that I don't want to use MC on the Mac here.  It is too disruptive to have to keep rebooting.
The way I am now using MC Mac is, I restart the app ≈4-5 times a night.  This saves me (usually but not always) from having to take more drastic measures later.

For instance when I finished the album where the player skipped to a different place in the same track (see the post above), I quit and then restarted MC.  Its just a preventative move, which keeps the 'glitch' counter (and resultant behavioral hiccups) from getting excessive, which then sooner or later force additional hardware resets.  Its been this way for quite some time.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

goatofmanycolors

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 10:27:59 am »

I have a Mac Mini and the silver remote works with this version, but it doesn't skip to the next consecutive track--it appears to choose a random track.

Frankly, I haven't used the remote before, so I could be doing something stupid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--Golden

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 10:33:55 am »

I have a Mac Mini and the silver remote works with this version, but it doesn't skip to the next consecutive track--it appears to choose a random track.

Frankly, I haven't used the remote before, so I could be doing something stupid.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--Golden

I am trying to disable JRiver media centers ability to use the remote so I can use my Harmony remote with XBMC with no hiccups

JohnT

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--Golden

First, make sure you don't have "shuffle" on.  I made that mistake the first time I tested the remote.

JohnT

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »

I am trying to disable JRiver media centers ability to use the remote so I can use my Harmony remote with XBMC with no hiccups
Sorry, we'll get this soon.  Probably the next build.

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:30:26 am »

Hi,

It seems like JRiver doesn't constantly show cover arts of DFF files. I quite often have to reselect the cover art file through "Add from file" option to make them reappear. I guess this is due to the fact that DFF files don't support embed cover art (Am I right ?). All my other files are Aiff and I never had the slightest issue with those ones.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ps : note that I use JRiver on two different computers, both connected to an external hard drive on which I put the JRiver Library and all the music files.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 07:44:30 am »

Ps : note that I use JRiver on two different computers, both connected to an external hard drive on which I put the JRiver Library and all the music files.
Do you have Media Center set to save cover art in a location on that drive?

Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 08:45:40 am »

Sorry. I had forgotten about this option. It seems like it did the trick. Many thanks.

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 09:26:25 am »

A slight problem, however : I first moved the location of cover arts at the root of my external hard drive, which perfectly worked. But I then decided to move it again in a more specific place of the hard drive. But when I tried to move the cover arts location to another place, JRiver started to copy the whole content of my hard drive to the new place. I guess, I shouldn't have chosen the root of the hard drive as a location for cover arts. Any idea to get out of the trap ?

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 10:49:41 am »

You could set it to:  "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" or have a specific folder for cover art rather than the root of the drive?

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 12:09:22 pm »

You could set it to:  "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" or have a specific folder for cover art rather than the root of the drive?

Thank you for your response and sorry for my bad english. I'm not sure I want to set cover arts location to the same folder as the file, as each of my album folders already contains a cover art file. The problem is that when I try to set cover arts location to a specific folder, JRiver tends to copy to the new location not only the two folders ("Files" and "album", I believe) in which the cover arts are located but also all the other folders that are also at the root of my drive, which means the whole content of the drive itself. I might have done something incorrect but I think it might also be some kind of odd bug. Thank you

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 12:09:31 pm »

If you open the Smartlist editor, and Add New Rule, the Modifier section below gets botched.  See attached.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »

Thank you for your response and sorry for my bad english. I'm not sure I want to set cover arts location to the same folder as the file, as each of my album folders already contains a cover art file. The problem is that when I try to set cover arts location to a specific folder, JRiver tends to copy to the new location not only the two folders ("Files" and "album", I believe) in which the cover arts are located but also all the other folders that are also at the root of my drive, which means the whole content of the drive itself. I might have done something incorrect but I think it might also be some kind of odd bug. Thank you

Danger!  Don't set the Cover Art folder to the same location as your Audio folder, or any other important folder. This can have very bad results (and I'd hoped this would be made impossible).

Instead, set Tools > Options > Locations > Cover Art > Audio mode: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg).

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 01:08:28 pm »

Don't set the Cover Art folder to the same location as your Audio folder, or any other important folder. This can have very bad results (and I'd hoped this would be made impossible).

Instead, set Tools > Options > Locations > Cover Art > Audio mode: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg).

That's exactly what happened. Fortunately, links don't seems to be broken and everything looks ok. I managed to set the Cover Art location to "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" (even if I don't exactly know what is different from "In the same folder as the file"). Everything works, even if I didn't find any trace of any Folder.jpg in my drive. I'm not quite sure to understand where they go. Thank you anyway for your fine and quick support.

MrC

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:55 pm »

Perhaps this might shed some light:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

MrC

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:01 pm »

...even if I don't exactly know what is different from "In the same folder as the file").

Consider than some users have cover art in the same folder as the file, but named, for example, as Artist - Album.jpg, or Cover.jpg.

Zsolt Andrasy

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging error 3
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 10:49:27 am »

I have observed: The tagging error happens if I tag an SACD ISO file.

Pages: [1]   Go Up