INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech Media Keys don't work  (Read 3207 times)

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
Logitech Media Keys don't work
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:34:12 am »

I have seen several posts about this in the past. There were some that dealt with older versions of MC and involved going in and adding some code to Setpoint. This seemed promising, but doesn't work, at least not with MC 19. If anyone knows of anything that might work, please help. The problem is just with 'previous, next and play/pause'

Thanks.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Logitech Media Keys don't work
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:08:56 am »

its a bit of a pain, but I used the alternative method mentioned in the wiki, and although its a bit work, it works for me. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Logitech_Keyboard_Media_Keys

:)
gab

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:07 am »

I've been using Logitech keyboards for years with no issues. The keyboard controls JRiver regardless of whether JRiver has focus. Uninstall Setpoint and all works fine. However, if you need Setpoint for other apps, then I think you have to do the alternative mentioned by gappie.

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 07:29:51 am »

Thanks for your responses. I do have a mouse that I need setpoint for. I did try that method mentioned, but it didn't work for me. That one is for version 12, is there an updated one for 19 (other than simply changing the code from '12' to '19'.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 08:16:47 am »

I think you tried the first part of the wiki page.. have you tried what is suggested in the second part.. that is finding the folders with all keyboard settings, on my machine:
Code: [Select]
C:\ProgramData\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboardthen find the right folder, that is folder 2001002 for my k300 and folder 2001001 for my k400 keyboard and take away the code as suggested by the wiki... that is what I did, but I have to say ive fought a lot with the setpoint software and different ini and xml files, but I think this did the trick, its been a few months back though..
be sure to backup those files, and to restart setpoint after changing something.

gab

edit: the idea of doing this, is that you 'disable' setpoint only for those keys. windows will then recognise them as standard media keys.

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 12:05:22 pm »

Thanks, I wanted to try that, but there is no Devices folder in Setpointp folder, or other folder in there that would let me edit the keyboard files.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 12:16:01 pm »

have you tried the LogiShrd folder in programdata (or something like that, but not the normal programs folder, my system is in german nowadays :( ). you must have windows show you hidden folders and files.

gab

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »

Believe it or not I got it to work. Thaks for all your help.

Funkmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 05:12:43 am »

Steve, could I ask what it was that you did that fixed this?

I've encountered the same issue (including not knowing which folders to look in as the folder structure has changed for the newer version of SetPoint and there are no longer '2001001.xml' files for different keyboards).

If you could point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative!

gappie

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 06:58:45 am »

Mr Funkmeister, I rebuilded my system a few weeks back and I still have the xml files.. they are under C:\ProgramData\LogiShrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboard
and each keyboard has its own folder. I don't have the diNovo, but nonetheless. make sure you can see the hidden folders on your machine.

I doubt that you need the 2001001 folder/file.. I think its for the k400 keyboard.

one thing you can do is disable setpoint totally.. when you don't need it. or you go into the right xml file and take away the commands you want to use in mc (that is what I did) and when you want to use them globally, add them to the remote part of mc.

hope it helps a bit.

gab

Funkmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:14 pm »

Gappie, you are a LEGEND.  I've sorted it; I was looking in the wrong place (d'oh!) but it still seems ludicrous that an end-user has to hack xml files around to get something this simple to work.  The diNovo Edge keyboard is a little quirkier due to the Play/Pause/Next buttons being a 'Function lock' command (ie. the F key is required to be pressed to make them active.

In case someone else stumbles across this thread, here's what I did:

1) Close down SetPoint if it's open

2) Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\SetPointP\Devices\Keyboard\2000056\2000056.xml in Notepad (2000056 is the diNovo Edge keyboard xml file)

3) Take a backup of the file and save it somewhere else for safekeeping

4) Right-click > Edit and search for the following text:
<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F5 -->
<Button Number="786614" Name="F5">               
<Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
<PARAM Button="786614" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM PREVIOUS"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard" />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F6 -->
<Button Number="786615" Name="F6">            
<PARAM Button="786615" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"     HandlerSet="MM STOP"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard"  />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F7 -->
<Button Number="786637" Name="F7">               
<PARAM Button="786637" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM PLAY"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard" />
</Trigger>
</Button>

<!-- Button Name => FLOCK F8 -->
<Button Number="786613" Name="F8">               
<PARAM Button="786613" />
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp"       HandlerSet="MM NEXT"  HandlerSetGroup="Keyboard"  />
</Trigger>
</Button>

5) Highlight and delete it (make sure it's exactly this text!)

6) Save the file and restart SetPoint - you should then find that the media keys control the player when MC is not the focus window

Gappie, thanks again for pointing me to the right directory.  All sorted, happy Funkmeister again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up