INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Feature: XBMC nfo support  (Read 10133 times)

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
NEW Feature: XBMC nfo support
« on: February 12, 2014, 07:40:27 am »

[Edit by JimH -- Available in 19.0.116 or above.  Please see Yaobing's description below.]

1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.

Wicked !!    ;D
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW Feature: XBMC nfo support
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:35:54 am »

Wicked !!    ;D

+1
Fantastic new build all around.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 19.0.116
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

Any details on how the nfo import works? If there is an nfo file when the media is downloaded, the metadata will be read from the nfo file? Is it that simple?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:30:41 pm »

Any details on how the nfo import works? If there is an nfo file when the media is downloaded, the metadata will be read from the nfo file? Is it that simple?

It's imported at the same time a sidecar xml tag file would be imported. During initial import, or when doing update library from tags.

Note that it does not overwrite any tags already in the sidecar file.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 01:06:58 pm »

Yup.  MC will first look for a JRiver sidecar file.  If it is not found, MC then looks for a MyMovies xml file.  Any NFO file will be used if the other two types are not found.

If only one NFO file is found in the folder, it will be used.  This is the case when a single video uses the entire folder, DVD being an example.

If there is more than one NFO file, each must have the same file name (without the extension) as the media files

You can also import an NFO file as a playlist, i.e. if you export all your xbmc videos into a single nfo file.

In any case we currently only support NFO files that contain xml data.  Non-xml URLs are not supported.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:40 am »

Wow. This is brilliant. Thanks a heap!

PS. Nfo support is particularly welcome since MC is so much better than XBMC. I, for one, never regretted switching, even if it meant that I had to go from OSX to W7. Actually, come to think about it, my MacMini is better behaved under W7 than it is under OSX (especially when it comes to waking it up after it has fallen asleep).

Junghwan

• Recent member
  • ...wish you were here
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 06:19:06 am »

Sweet!
Can I expect user-made scrapers like XBMC in the future  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:15 am »

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 11:44:43 am »

I have autoimport rules and some tagging is done by them, creating a sidecar file. However, many of the tags reside in an nfo file. I'm guessing that because of the autotagging from autoimport rules, tags that are not filled cannot be populated by the nfo file since its priority is too low. Is that correct? And if so, is there any chance that empty fields could be populated from nfo, even if a sidecar exists, or that we can change the priority to look at nfo first when generating a sidecar?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:52 am »

The mere existance of a sidecar file should not block the NFO from being read, it will just not read any tags from the NFO which are already in the sidecar.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 05:49:47 pm »

The mere existance of a sidecar file should not block the NFO from being read, it will just not read any tags from the NFO which are already in the sidecar.

Thanks! That's good to know. I hope this will reduce the instances of Carnac getting the [name] tag wrong, since the name can be looked up in the nfo file.

wdilbert

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 01:35:39 pm »

I do not understand how it works. Are there rules for naming .nfo files? I have placed a XBMC nfo file into a VIDEO_TS folder but MC does not recognize it if its name is different to VIDEO_TS.nfo. And only works if nfo file is into VIDEO_TS folder, not in the previous level, that I think it would be neater.

And what fields names (tags) can be used into .nfo files for MC? Is there any correspondence with fields names of MC?

I am using MC 19.0.138.
Pages: [1]   Go Up