INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: TV Support for Multiple Set Top Boxes  (Read 6468 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
NEW: TV Support for Multiple Set Top Boxes
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:59:20 am »

MC can support more than one Set Top Box now.  These are Yaobing's instructions:

Channels are tied to each STB (with specific video capture device, and IR blaster port).  You will have multiple sets of channels (probably showing the same TV programs if your STBs are from the same provider) as you have STB's.  Use channel grouping to manage them so only one set is in the guide.

Delete existing STB channels and rescan them, since the format of the channels in the database has changed  You will lose your customization of those existing STB channels.  As long as you continue using the same single STB, you may not need to rescan.  If you do add a second STB and rescan, delete the old ones and start anew.

After all the channels are found during scanning, the IR blaster learning wizard will be started.  You should complete that wizard (do not cancel it out just because you had your IR working previously).  The IR data are saved in a device and port specific location.  So make sure you have your STB's remote control on hand when you scan for channels.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: TV Support for Multiple Set Top Boxes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

Thanks for pointing this out.

Appointment on my calendar set for trying (again) to replace Sage with MC.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

Ok, I attempted to get the second STB working this weekend, and I would say I was moderately successful.  I follow the instructions above and everything was fairly straight forward, however, I did have to setup my recordings again, in addition to my channels.  I am not sure if that was something I did wrong or a result of having to clear my channels and rescan. 

I have two Hauppauge Colossus tuners in my machine using the HDMI in from the HDMI out of two DirecTV STBs.

The only issue I am having is that I can't seem to get the second Colossus to work reliably.  Sometimes, it will show the channel sometimes it won't.  I I have the component video out of each DTV box sent to a tv, so I can see that it is changing channel, but I am not seeing the picture through MC. 

After a fresh reboot, I can watch tv from the first or second Colossus (I have some channels that I have not grouped to test this). If I am using the first Colossus to record a show and attempt to watch a show with the second, I get no picture or sound.  The second Colossus is showing idle in the show status window.  I can see that the box does change channel to the correct channel on the direct wired tv, but the picture and sound never make it to MC.  If I cancel the recording on the first Colossus and attempt to watch tv on the second, still no picture or sound, until I reboot.

I can send a log if that would help.

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 10:02:54 pm »

Please do send a log.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »

Sent.

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »

Sent.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for the log.  Would you please also provide the following:

TV Options > Advanced > Copy television related filter info to clipboard

Thanks.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »

sent

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 05:23:41 pm »

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 06:42:01 am »

That appears to have fixed it.  I just recorded one DTV channel and watched a second.  I opened the status window and it showed both Colossus being used.

I will do some more testing later today.

Thank you for the quick turn around,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up