INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 -- Available Here  (Read 12312 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 -- Available Here
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:48:46 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190124.exe

19.0.124 (3/25/2014)

1. Fixed: SRT/Text subtitles inside MKV video files did not honor their duration.
2. Fixed: MC could crash in Theater View when "Start from beginning" is used to clear a bookmark and a zone switch occurs.
3. Fixed: Recording television shows in TS format resulted in high CPU usage since build 19.0.110.
4. Changed: MC will remember the last valid IP for an Access Key, in case the Access Key WebService is unreachable.
5. Changed: Re-worded the message after running "Update Library (from tags)" to clarify that it counts all processed files, not only files with actual changes.
6. Fixed: The screensaver could not be disabled by key-presses in Theater View in 19.0.123.
7. Changed: MC allows network connectivity to be restored before attempting to sync to a library server after returning from standby.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: When user presses up or down arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (12 hours or 24 hours for example) programs would be skipped over.

19.0.123 (3/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Some television recordings from Window Media Center (wtv files) would have no sound.
2. Changed: Added "Setup IR Emitter for STB channels" tool on Televison property page.
3. Fixed: MC could crash when performing Library Sync with a Library Server Client.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Changed: MC tries to protect the input focus more aggressively in Theater View and Display View.
6. Fixed: The syntax of the UPnP/DLNA NOTIFY message with multiple properties was not correct.
7. Changed: Using Left/Right-Arrow in the Playing Now OSD will always switch to the next/previous file.
8. Fixed: When scanning for DVB channels, the GUI was not updated unless there was a lock on a frequency.  This created a false impression of MC hanging.

19.0.122 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing was not working when playing 5.1 audio with Channels set to "2 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)"
2. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing did not properly take Peak Levels into account, causing the downmix to become quieter than required.
3. Fixed: Detaching the display view caused the embedded browser to lose focus when interacting with the website.
4. Fixed: The Services -> Amazon link to the MP3-Store was pointing to the wrong page for Germany/France/UK.
5. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache is refreshed if a RAW image has external changes or "Update Library (from tags)" is used.
6. Changed: Set-top box IR blaster setup is no longer part of Remote Control setup wizard as the new STB model is not quite compatible with the rest of the wizard.
7. Fixed: Some text was not properly displayed in the Remote Control wizard.
8. Fixed: Some tranlation issues in the Remote Control wizard.
9. Fixed: Some bad Chinese translation in the Remote Control wizard.
10. Fixed: MC could crash when requesting full resolution thumbnails over MCWS in the last couple versions.

19.0.121 (3/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Audio Streams using LPCM or E-AC3 were showing "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Video files without audio mistakenly had a "audio: unknown codec" in the Compression field.
3. Fixed: The "Subtitles" page in the OSD was shown even when no subtitles are available.
4. Fixed: Handling a corrupt FLAC file could cause import, analysis and playback to hang.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.1.
6. Fixed: Playback of NTSC DVDs and DVD rips was not smooth on some systems.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Fixed: Converting 2xDSD to 1xDSD caused the audio to become distorted.
9. NEW: MC's TV supports multiple Set Top Boxes (STB).  Instructions

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.

19.0.119 (2/26/2014)

1. Changed: The MimeType for MK3D files should be "video/x-matroska-3d".
2. Fixed: If we missed an event from a DLNA device we would never do a real status call to figure out the play state.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, the display settings changer allowed changing to a mode which is not supported by the monitor.
4. Fixed: Importing a playlist which updated tags on existing files cleared the thumbnails of the modified files.
5. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/Browse/Image function always returns a high-resolution image, if requested.
6. Fixed: Playing from a Library Server with video conversion active could cause the video to get stuck at end of file.
7. Fixed: Playing a new track while paused will no longer trigger a fade, which caused the old file to be played briefly again.
8. Fixed: URL parsing did not properly handle the case of multiple escape sequences in a row (ie. %25%20).
9. Changed: In addition to "movie" and "movies", keywords "film", "films", as well as their corresponding translated versions are used to determine whether a television program is a movie.
10. Changed: Both "Quality" and "Strength" are included in OSD display of "Signal" for television playback.

19.0.118 (2/18/2014)

1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
2. Fixed: Theater View Skins with a video background could cause Theater View to hang or crash.
3. Changed: Added the "mk3d" file association for MKV files with 3D content.
4. Fixed: Video conversion and streaming of WMV files was not working properly.
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Converting a compound audio file (WAV/ISO + CUE) with "Replace original file" set would delete the original file after the first track finished, and fail converting all other tracks.
8. Fixed: Using a "|" character in an expression in the "Customize Display" dialog in Standard View caused the expression to be cut-off.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.
11. Changed: Added a frequency entry in the satellite frequency table for 28.2° East satellite, and modified a few existing entries.
12. Changed: Hardware Accelerated Decoding for TV should now behave similar to file playback.

19.0.117 (2/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The Display Settings changer didn't properly set 24 or 60 Hz resolutions on Windows 8 or 8.1, always resulting in 23 or 59 Hz instead.
2. Changed: The Custom Display Settings changer configuration lists the available modes in a hierarchical fashion instead of a long list, for easier access.
3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.
4. Fixed: Punctuation or Numbers could draw in the wrong position in Right-to-Left scripts like Hebrew or Arabic.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.
7. Fixed: Interface Plug-ins were broken in 19.0.116 and could cause MC to crash.

19.0.116 (2/12/2014)

1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.
2. Changed: Video playback option "Enable Automatic Display Settings changing" is changed to a drop list of three selectable modes: Off, On, and Custom.  Custom corresponds to the old "checkbox checked" mode, On is a new automatic mode.
3. Changed: Added a "sorting mode" combo box on television channel-to-xmltv match window, to make it easier to do manual match.
4. Changed: Disabled DXVA2 Native Hardware Acceleration in Red October HQ due to stability issues (affects mostly AMD users).
5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.
6. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function did not properly handle double quotes in string values when using the List=CSV mode.
7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).

19.0.115 (2/6/2014)

1. Changed: Revised how DirectShow handles Stop/Play to increase stability when skipping to the next file.
2. Changed: The Subtitles -> Browse... option is always available, not only when subtitles are already present.
3. Changed: DLNA Mimetypes for dff,dsf,sacd for compatibility with Oppo (and others hopefully).
4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
5. NEW: Added support for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for video capture.

19.0.114 (2/3/2014)

1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.

19.0.113 (1/31/2014)

1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.124 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:03:40 pm »

10. Fixed: MC could crash when requesting full resolution thumbnails over MCWS in the last couple versions.

Works fine now, Thanks !

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:38 pm »

2. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing did not properly take Peak Levels into account, causing the downmix to become quieter than required.
It seems like this is maybe not working quite as planned - I'm having clip protection enable itself when playing downmixed content now.

Peak Level (R128): +0.0 dBTP; -1.3 Left; -1.4 Right; +0.0 Center; -12.5 Sub; -3.5 SL; -3.6 SR

nuke2000

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:38:27 pm »

Any idea on timescales for a fix for theatre view issue as reported http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87952.0

Was kind of hoping for it to be included in next update

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 02:46:21 pm »

Please use that thread.  I'm not sure it isn't a video problem with Intel graphics.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:06:54 am »

2. Fixed: MC could crash in Theater View when "Start from beginning" is used to clear a bookmark and a zone switch occurs.

seems to be working all fine again.

thanks
 :)
gab

gappie

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:23:38 am »

something changed in Theater View. when a disc is offline the covers disappear just before they get full focus. see the attachment. all those movies are on an external disc. the one in the middle is gone but gets back when i move to the next one, and that will disappear.. i went back to 121, and there it is working right. i did reboot and tried different skins. :) i feels like, when the cover gets focus, the thumbnails are not used anymore, but the actual cover. (its a pity i can not put the covers for video at a separate folder, like those for audio)

:)
gab

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 04:53:31 am »

I've noticed something similar with covers, only the problem I'm having is when a file does not support embedded artwork.
In the thumbnail view it displays the correct artwork for an album, but it then switches to the cached version when loading the full resolution art, which is often the wrong image.

So if you have two versions of an album - the CD and the SACD for example, the SACD does not support embedded artwork.

If you assign artwork to the SACD, it gets displayed correctly.
But if you then assign different artwork to the CD, it will also show up on the SACD in Theater View when the high res art loads in.

I think this is happening because I use the [Description] tag to separate out my album versions, but the cache uses [Artist] - [Album] which is identical for both versions.

So when you set new artwork for the CD version it overwrites the file in the cache and gets applied to both the CD and SACD version because Media Center doesn't differentiate between them.

stewart_pk

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 07:48:12 am »

SHOUTCAST still not working in Theater View.
PAL DVD rips still play poorly. Jerky and not being de-interlaced well with ROHQ. Not being de-interalced well with RO Standard.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 09:49:29 am »

Copy And Move Option.

I just tried to copy 1 file to drive "D", and it worked.

then I tried To Copy 1 File To Drive "Y" (The Drive I Have Been Trying To Copy To) And It Worked.

Then I Tried To Copy 18589 Files To Drive "Y" - This Did Not Work.

So the issue Is when trying to Copy Many Files At The Same Time Or There Is A File Within That 18589 Files That Is Tripping MC Up When It Is Preparing To Copy.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 09:54:17 am »

It seems like this is maybe not working quite as planned - I'm having clip protection enable itself when playing downmixed content now.

Peak Level (R128): +0.0 dBTP; -1.3 Left; -1.4 Right; +0.0 Center; -12.5 Sub; -3.5 SL; -3.6 SR

I think something is wrong in the entire clipping calculation in the downmix, I'll try to wrap my head around it and otherwise revert the change until I can figure it out.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

the keyboard windows button doesn't work switching Modern ui-->fullscreen vizualisations in JRiver mediacenter 19.0.124.win8.1 64 bits.In 121 version work ok.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »

using "Customize View" to modify a view scheme, quite frequently the customizing Pane will lose focus and disappear behind the MC interface giving the appearance of MC being locked up.  Locating the customization pane and bringing it back into focus allows the changes to be saved and MC to proceed as normal.

This has been happening for some time now (many, many builds) but since I do not often modify views I have not reported it lately.

. . . the game is rigged

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 02:51:23 pm »

using "Customize View" to modify a view scheme, quite frequently the customizing Pane will lose focus and disappear behind the MC interface giving the appearance of MC being locked up.  Locating the customization pane and bringing it back into focus allows the changes to be saved and MC to proceed as normal.

This has been happening for some time now (many, many builds) but since I do not often modify views I have not reported it lately.

There's a similar recurring problem with the DSP Studio window, where it will lose focus and disappear when clicked (although without apparent freezes).  

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »

There's a similar recurring problem with the DSP Studio window, where it will lose focus and disappear when clicked (although without apparent freezes).  

Sounds about the same . . . in my case MC doesn't actually freeze but because the Customize View pane is MC's focus the rest of the program interface does not respond until you find the lost pane and close it.
. . . the game is rigged

Goatshade

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 01:32:03 am »

Just so you all know, Hulu is not working. In theatre view, it's giving me the "Something went wrong with playback. The file could not be found." Error. I did a search, and I found that this occurs when Hulu performs an update on their site, much like the problems we tend to have with Youtube.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 02:33:15 am »

Sounds about the same . . . in my case MC doesn't actually freeze but because the Customize View pane is MC's focus the rest of the program interface does not respond until you find the lost pane and close it.

+1
Yep, this bug exists since MC 18. I have the same troubles as mwillems posted.
The weird thing is, that it's not happening always. When it happens, i have to 'search' for the empty DSP settings window, close it, and after opening the DSP setting again, it works.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »

something changed in Theater View. when a disc is offline the covers disappear just before they get full focus. see the attachment. all those movies are on an external disc. the one in the middle is gone but gets back when i move to the next one, and that will disappear.. i went back to 121, and there it is working right. i did reboot and tried different skins. :) i feels like, when the cover gets focus, the thumbnails are not used anymore, but the actual cover. (its a pity i can not put the covers for video at a separate folder, like those for audio)

This is fixed for the next build, thanks for noticing, and sorry for the inconvenience!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:09 pm »

+1 .  If you click something in the DSP Studio window, it disappears behind the Main Window.   It makes comparing two different EQs more difficult.

rlebrette

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 11:30:47 pm »

It seems that something changed with the video display. Tested on two different boxes, my main HTPC and my office computer, when switching to different modes (attached, detached, fullscreen) I either get the program stuck or even crashing.

Goatshade

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 06:44:44 am »

Audio playback stop and resumes (as if buffering) while display view is active. Exiting display view resumes playback instantly.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 08:14:37 am »

Using "Rename File From Properties" to rename files to a new location, MC shows an error message that it was unable to save the tags advising that I check the files exist and are not read-only. (They do exist and are not read-only)

Upon repeating the rename, MC's rename from properties dialog shows there are no changes to be made. (Indicating that in spite of the error dialog previously displayed, the files actually were successfully moved/saved/renamed/tagged)

Using "Update file tags from library" MC is able to complete this action with no error dialogs (read-only, file existing dialog not shown)

Using a 3rd party program to check the files MC renamed but claimed to be unable to save tags to, the tags do show correctly once again indicating that MC had successfully moved/saved/renamed/tagged in spite of the error dialog stating otherwise.

1 error dialog, versus 3 proofs of it's erroneous nature . . . I'd bet the error message was false, yet it continues to appear.
. . . the game is rigged

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 02:53:26 am »

BBC radio stations take a long time to load and are flaky in respect to whether they load without error.  This issue is present on three systems two of which are dedicated to JRiver.

Separate thread started and error log files attached.
The Future is Remote!

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 07:02:08 am »

"Cover Art - Get From Internet" is frequently failing to 'see' folder.jpg which is in the same folder with the music files and instead either shows cover.jpg (or some other variant) from that folder or reports that no cover art exists in my library.  It may offer one from the internet, but since I save folder.jpg at 1000x1000 pixels I want to use those and 'store' them in your online database for future use by myself and others.
. . . the game is rigged

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:43 am »

I can no longer see the duration of the selected playlist at the bottom of the screen (standard view).
Pages: [1]   Go Up