INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.128 -- Available Here  (Read 9687 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.128 -- Available Here
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:45:48 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190128.exe

19.0.128 (4/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Loading images from Google for Theater View Media Slideshow was broken as of beginning of April, due to a change in Google's website.
2. Changed: Added more logging to TV channel scan wizard.
3. Fixed: When playing live TV on clients using tuners on a server, the Playing Now OSD did not show channel and program info.
4. Fixed: Certain WMV files did not reliably pass audio analysis.
5. Changed: MC's behavior when the 'i' button on remote control is pressed in Display View is now uniform across all playback types.  The OSD will cycle through "Position" (if available), "Playing Now" (or "Programs"), and "Description" (if any - for live TV the description of currently playing program, for other files the Description tag field).  Pressing 'i' while "Description" is showing turns off OSD.

19.0.127 (4/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Improved handling of files with format changes during audio analysis.
2. Fixed: Video files without an audio track are handled more gracefully by the audio analysis.
3. NEW: Added new AudioAnalysisState() expression to determine the state of audio analysis of the library files.
4. Fixed: Television recording (Record Current Hour, Record Current Two hours, etc.) did not work for auxiliary input channels on video capture devices such as Hauppauge HDPVR.
5. Fixed: Theater View could crash in a rare case when displaying themed background images.
6. Fixed: Reading of the Ratings tag from WMA files did not work.
7. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: The Tag Action Window always showed "audio not analyzed" in the Format field for audio files, even if analyzed.
10. Changed: Added more logging in television channel scan wizard.
11. NEW: The "Edit Channels List" tool in television configuration allows manual ordering of channels (with "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons).  Channel sorting is automatically saved and applied in all TV channel lists as default sorting, including the Guide in Theater view.
12. Fixed: TV channels that are non-top group members could appear in the list of channels on "Edit Channels List" window multiple times.
13. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.2.

19.0.126 (4/7/2014)

1. Fixed: JRSS downmix to mono erroneously adjusted the gain of the LFE in 19.0.125.
2. Fixed: Retrieving Cover Art over MCWS could crash under some special circumstances.
3. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.87.9.
4. Fixed: Using the Windows key to get back to the desktop from Theater View did not work since 19.0.123.
5. Fixed: Wrong wizard page would appear during digital television channel (ATSC, DVB, and QAM) scanning if mc2xml option had been used in previous EPG scans.

19.0.125 (4/3/2014)

1. Fixed: When user presses Left or Right arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (24 hours for example) programs could not be selected (and the selection would stay at the adjacent program on the same row).
2. Fixed: JRSS downmixing could result in audio clipping due to the Peak Levels change in 19.0.122, which has been reverted.
3. Fixed: JRSS did not use energy neutral downmixing for the LFE channel.
4. Fixed: MC did not properly fallback to thumbnails if the full resolution artwork was not found (in Theater View et al.).
5. Fixed: When recording consecutive television shows on the same channel, the second recording might not be completed as the system might go to sleep.
6. Changed: JRSS pseudo surround detection (2 channel in multi-channel container) supports detecting 2 channel in 7.1 container as well.
7. Fixed: WASAPI exclusive mode was not working with 5.1 audio on some audio devices which expect the old 5.1 channel arrangement.
8. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Configuration/Audio/ListDevices, SetDevice, GetDevice commands to control the active output device.
10. Fixed: COM interface leak when handling certain analog video capture devices with hardware-encoding (Colossus, HDPVR, etc.).
11. Fixed: Multiple Hauppauge Colossus video capture devices could not run simultaneously.
12. Changed: Added DVB-T frequency table for Taiwan.

19.0.124 (3/25/2014)

1. Fixed: SRT/Text subtitles inside MKV video files did not honor their duration.
2. Fixed: MC could crash in Theater View when "Start from beginning" is used to clear a bookmark and a zone switch occurs.
3. Fixed: Recording television shows in TS format resulted in high CPU usage since build 19.0.110.
4. Changed: MC will remember the last valid IP for an Access Key, in case the Access Key WebService is unreachable.
5. Changed: Re-worded the message after running "Update Library (from tags)" to clarify that it counts all processed files, not only files with actual changes.
6. Fixed: The screensaver could not be disabled by key-presses in Theater View in 19.0.123.
7. Changed: MC allows network connectivity to be restored before attempting to sync to a library server after returning from standby.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: When user presses up or down arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (12 hours or 24 hours for example) programs would be skipped over.

19.0.123 (3/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Some television recordings from Window Media Center (wtv files) would have no sound.
2. Changed: Added "Setup IR Emitter for STB channels" tool on Televison property page.
3. Fixed: MC could crash when performing Library Sync with a Library Server Client.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Changed: MC tries to protect the input focus more aggressively in Theater View and Display View.
6. Fixed: The syntax of the UPnP/DLNA NOTIFY message with multiple properties was not correct.
7. Changed: Using Left/Right-Arrow in the Playing Now OSD will always switch to the next/previous file.
8. Fixed: When scanning for DVB channels, the GUI was not updated unless there was a lock on a frequency.  This created a false impression of MC hanging.

19.0.122 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing was not working when playing 5.1 audio with Channels set to "2 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)"
2. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing did not properly take Peak Levels into account, causing the downmix to become quieter than required.
3. Fixed: Detaching the display view caused the embedded browser to lose focus when interacting with the website.
4. Fixed: The Services -> Amazon link to the MP3-Store was pointing to the wrong page for Germany/France/UK.
5. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache is refreshed if a RAW image has external changes or "Update Library (from tags)" is used.
6. Changed: Set-top box IR blaster setup is no longer part of Remote Control setup wizard as the new STB model is not quite compatible with the rest of the wizard.
7. Fixed: Some text was not properly displayed in the Remote Control wizard.
8. Fixed: Some tranlation issues in the Remote Control wizard.
9. Fixed: Some bad Chinese translation in the Remote Control wizard.
10. Fixed: MC could crash when requesting full resolution thumbnails over MCWS in the last couple versions.

19.0.121 (3/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Audio Streams using LPCM or E-AC3 were showing "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Video files without audio mistakenly had a "audio: unknown codec" in the Compression field.
3. Fixed: The "Subtitles" page in the OSD was shown even when no subtitles are available.
4. Fixed: Handling a corrupt FLAC file could cause import, analysis and playback to hang.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.1.
6. Fixed: Playback of NTSC DVDs and DVD rips was not smooth on some systems.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Fixed: Converting 2xDSD to 1xDSD caused the audio to become distorted.
9. NEW: MC's TV supports multiple Set Top Boxes (STB).  Instructions

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.

monticciolo

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.128 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:32:02 pm »

I am getting drops at approximatey at 12 seconds into each track. The track then resumes after a few seconds of silence.  I can clearly see this happening in the track/timing info at the top. The the timing appears to be getting ahead of itself and then resets itself to 13 seconds into the track. This happened with 4 different albums and over more than 30 tracks.

I have MC19 running on a Dell XPS/Windows 8.1 machine feeding a PS Audio PWD MkII over 802.11n wireless link. My library is stored on an QNAP 419 NAS. All components have fixed IP addresses. Never had this problem until this latest upgrade  I get the same problem whether controlling the system directly using my computer or remotely using JRemote on my iPad.

Would appreciate any insights.
Thanks,
Paul

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:45 pm »

It could be just bandwidth limited.  I'll move this to a new thread.

Goatshade

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

Just dropping in to say that particles still aren't working properly with DVD rips (VIDEO_TS folder structure), particularly in regards to audio and subtitle streams. I can create the particles, play them, and select the streams I want as normal, but as soon as I stop playback, MC "forgets" the streams I selected. This makes audio analysis for the non-default audio streams in ripped DVD's impossible, even with particles. BD rips do not exhibit this issue.

dean70

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:10:14 pm »

Randomly crashing out in the middle of audio playback with an Application Error in ntdll.dll. Cannot pin it down to any particular track or format. In most cases relaunching MC and restarting playback of the same track is fine except the last time where the machine locked up with audio data looping in the buffer, which required a hard power-down. When machine booted back up in this case, a BIOS checksum error appeared. Re-saved the bios settings and was able to continue listening to music.

Occurred previously on my Windows 7 build and still does the same on the new Server 2012 build. Seems to be only related to playing audio. It has never occurred when watching a movie through the same audio device. The OS is a bare metal build. No AV, firewall or additional software installed other than MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 08:37:53 pm »

Could you get a log?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:07:27 pm »

The review site was bogus - I've deleted the post.  Thanks to RC23 for reporting.

See below.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 04:22:50 pm »

The review site was bogus - I've deleted the post.  Thanks to RC23 for reporting.
How was it bogus?  Just curious.

MrC

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »

I'll send you a PM with the web content.  It was reported to route to a jeans shop.

I was wrong.  The link had a typo, and should have been:

www.krishtrinity.blogspot.in

I contacted the user and asked for a re-posting, offering my first born.

Goatshade

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:37 pm »

Just dropping in to say that particles still aren't working properly with DVD rips (VIDEO_TS folder structure), particularly in regards to audio and subtitle streams. I can create the particles, play them, and select the streams I want as normal, but as soon as I stop playback, MC "forgets" the streams I selected. This makes audio analysis for the non-default audio streams in ripped DVD's impossible, even with particles. BD rips do not exhibit this issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 05:29:23 am »

Is anyone else having this problem?

Its a known limitation right now, and something we would like to address in the future (at least when using particles), but it might be a bit until we get to it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:31:16 am »

After the upgrade to 19.0.128 I am having some problems with audio playback.  I am using JRiver as a music server to play to various devices.  My primary setup contains a Sony STR-DA5700ES and an OPPO BDP-103.  My problems started after this upgrade in that using Gizmo to sent music to the stereo system that when using the sony receiver as a renderer it would only play one song at a time from a full ripped CD or gizmo would start to initiate a play and show the album art on the android device and then I would press the button below the art that says "resume playback" this would result skipping to the next song which would do the same thing.  Or when it would play to the sony it would only play the first song from the disk.  I have rebooted the JRiver server multiple times.  The weird thing is that if I turn on the OPPO and use it as the renderer, everything works perfectly.  These problems started Friday, 4/18 with the upgrade.  However I know there were windows updates last thursday I believe, and I know for sure that there hasn't been a firmware update to either the Sony or OPPO last week.  My gut says there is a quirk in the Sony system that is now showing up with the latest update to JRiver.  What additional info from me do you need.  At work so I will do it tonight.

Thanks for any help.

Goatshade

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 01:06:47 pm »

Its a known limitation right now, and something we would like to address in the future (at least when using particles), but it might be a bit until we get to it.

Okay. Take your time. I'm not going anywhere. :)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 06:51:33 am »

I think gizmo is broken. I can't seek through a video file any more on my nexus 7 tablet. I've tried toggling the http streaming option and it doesn't make a difference.
I'd also like to suggest a feature: 'resume'. It would be good if gizmo could remember where it played to last time so that after Internet drop outs etc we could carry on a movie from where we left off.
And one more, seeking is kind of haphazard even when it works. I'd like seek forward/backwards 30 seconds but to s.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:44 am »

Try the conversion settings on the server side.  They're under Media Network / Advanced, then edit the server.

MrC

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »

It appears that updating the Date (year) field (aka Year) is not triggering an update to tags.  Since a write to Year changes the underlying Date field, something is not be catching this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88870.msg609889#msg609889

It might be the same w/Date (month) and Date (day), but I've not tested these.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 02:33:06 am »

I have reported this issue in a separate thread and in the last bug list.

BBC Radio station URL's do not play reliably in JRiver.

Here is how to reproduce it.

Open this URL through the file menu: http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r2.asx

Bingo in most cases it will play.  Now send the URL to a playlist and you will find that most of the time the playlist entry will return with "Something went wrong"

The URL is good and it works just fine in about every other player I have tried.

Thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88471.msg606715#msg606715
The Future is Remote!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 08:13:21 am »

Please use a separate thread on the BBC problem.  Link to it here if necessary.

I tried playing it in IE and it didn't work.  Could be my problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up