INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id -- Questions and Answers  (Read 52263 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Id -- Questions and Answers
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:32:56 pm »

We've just released our new network media player, the JRiver Id.  It can act as a DLNA Renderer, DLNA Server, or as a stand-alone Portable Media Player.

The introductory price is $295.

If you would like to order one, please see the wiki.

If you do purchase an Id, please use this thread for any questions.

Description

Install Guide

Ordering

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Id -- Questions and Answers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 01:33:19 pm »

reserved

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 05:58:18 pm »

I have received my unit.  Initially, though not a shred of doc was included, all the hardware connections were obvious and it came right together and booted.

1. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of the two text modes are (headless and HDMI) as there seems to be very little in them to get things actually working.
2. #4 menu item doesn't seem to do anything.  
3. When you change audio output methods the one you just chose doesn't show default or selected after the reboot.
4. I don't use the default port 52199 on my other MC's, so it was necessary to go into the GUI mode to set that.  
5. Yes, the GUI mode is pretty flaky, but usually you can get through it...
6. But while I can see the hex-id of the renderer on other clients, if I select it, it will either go away or actually select.  Then while attached to that zone, attempting to play anything either just steps through songs, or disappears (the id/connection disappears).
7. So taking a different approach I attached the Id to my main server library.  It accepts the data, but when I try to select it, 'Load Library' is greyed out.  It does ask for that servers id and password.  Everything 'seems' normal up to that point.

That's it so far.  Am I doing something stupid?

--Bill

So far I haven't heard a peep out of Id, no matter what.  It is showing the correct device for audio, and network view shows a good DHCP address.  But nothing having to do with DLNA or remote libraries seem to work.  I have no interest in creating a library of songs on Id -- that wasn't why I was interested in it.

I've been over and over the setups and end up with the same results every time.  Also, after a reboot, the port assignment and library information is back to default.

After one reboot (about 15 reboots in) I got a message that trial mode had expired, so I requested an extension code, got and entered it, but MC still was complaining about the expiration.  After another reboot it came up running.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »

Finally, something.  I found after another reboot into the GUI mode, that selecting the main server library name actually does select it, even though the highlighting of the Loading... display button stays gray. I was then able to load a playlist and play a song.

But sending to it as a renderer still does the same thing from the originating MC -- the songs advance about every four seconds.  As they do, on Id the album picture briefly flashes in the Display window (lower left) and for every song that is attempted, a message saying "Something went wrong with playback.  [OK]" shows.

--Bill

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 06:25:37 pm »

After one reboot (about 15 reboots in) I got a message that trial mode had expired,
That is a showstopper problem.  If it isn't licensed, it won't run at all.  I'm sorry about that.  It's possible though that the message is a red herring.

If you have an HDMI monitor or display attached, choose option 10 from the text menu.

Option 4 should save whatever settings you've done in the GUI mode so they aren't lost on a reboot.  But we discovered yesterday that it was broken.  It was fixed today.

But while I can see the hex-id of the renderer on other clients...
You should see something like "Id-EA.........".  It's the Mac address.

Can you give us access via Internet?  

My guess is that the licensing is the problem.

Is the Server mode on?  If so, turn it off.

Can you e-mail me the Mac address?  It's at the top of the text menu.  jimh at jriver.  Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:41:08 pm »

As shipped the Id is a renderer only.

If one is using the HDMI output there are 2 text mode defaults, one headless which means the Id will boot without an attached monitor.  The other initializes the HDMI. That should only be necessary if the audio device requires initialization.

The server toggle enables the Id to serve files, and it will then show the access code at the main menu.

The license problem comes from a problem with the user mode as the Id was shipped. If you choose one of the defaults, analog or hdmi for example the licensing will return.  Any changes you make afterward are saved when you choose the user mode. Next time booted in user mode the license will be there.

When you choose the user mode item from the main menu, it saves the current settings across a reboot.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:47:30 pm »

4. I don't use the default port 52199 on my other MC's, so it was necessary to go into the GUI mode to set that.

For testing purposes, it would be good to use 52199 if possible.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »

bblue's e-mail:

I have periodic segmentation faults when in the GUI.

How do do the updates, traditional method with update channels set for Latest, or Beta?  Or some other way?

I'm changing port numbers on the rest of my gear now.

--------

If you're talking about the license failure, I haven't seen that one again lately.  Not sure if it was my adding the extension code, or something else.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »

bblue's e-mail:

I have periodic segmentation faults when in the GUI.

How do do the updates, traditional method with update channels set for Latest, or Beta?  Or some other way?

I'm changing port numbers on the rest of my gear now.

--------

If you're talking about the license failure, I haven't seen that one again lately.  Not sure if it was my adding the extension code, or something else.
The segmentation fault error may have been fixed this morning.  We'll have an update available in a few minutes.

Updates aren't the same as the normal MC updates and aren't controlled from the GUI mode program.  It's an option on the text menu.

Until we get this up and running, just use the text mode (option 10).  Don't use the server mode.  Use port 52199.  (and make sure your firewall allows it).  Just use the renderer feature. 

Try playing from another PC.  Try using Gizmo or JRemote to control.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »

There is an update to address the segfaulting.

Run option option 6 from your Id menu (with the Id having a path to the internet).

It will update and reboot.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 02:18:00 pm »

I have received my unit.  Initially, though not a shred of doc was included, all the hardware connections were obvious and it came right together and booted.

2. #4 menu item doesn't seem to do anything.  
The intended purpose of the GUI mode is to allow one to set their own parameters. Once set, choosing menu option number 4 saves those as the user defined profile so it can be used across a reboot. The user-defined parameters profile is the only one that is saved across a reboot.
Once the user defined parameters are set the way one wants you'll likely want to reselect the text mode boot (with or without HDMI initialization depending on your setup).
6. But while I can see the hex-id of the renderer on other clients, if I select it, it will either go away or actually select.  Then while attached to that zone, attempting to play anything either just steps through songs, or disappears (the id/connection disappears).

Stepping though the songs and the connection disappearing are likely related to an incorrect output device in the ALSA configuration in MC's configuration.

The menu choices for analog and hdmi are tailored specifically to the ID and should always work regardless of what kind of audio material you push to the ID.
The USB DAC menu choice is tailored to a Dragonfly USB dac.
If you have a different USB DAC you'll need to use the user defined parameters profile and set it up under the Audio Options -> ALSA -> device settings.
If you have material with a lot of different sample rates / bitdepths / channels you'll have to configure DSP studio to handle formats outside of the range of your DAC.
(don't forget to select menu option 4 after making changes to the user defined profile).

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »

Right, it flat won't work on a port other than 52199.

Is there a way to reset the configuration to as it was received, and ignore any changes made in the GUI?   I had changed the GUI port to 52199 and turned off server mode, and was able to use Id as a renderer.  But after I returned to text mode w/hdmi it is no longer seen by any machines listening on 52199.  I'm highly suspect that the GUI mode has left something in a strange state that isn't getting corrected or perhaps correctly utilized in text mode.  Yes, I did use option 4 after the changes in GUI when it was working.

I did the update, no issues.  Went very quick and smooth.  But since it was specific to the segmentation issue, it made no difference to text mode not allowing it to be a renderer.  I'll go back now and check what GUI thinks.

--Bill

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »

As shipped the Id is a renderer only.

If one is using the HDMI output there are 2 text mode defaults, one headless which means the Id will boot without an attached monitor.  The other initializes the HDMI. That should only be necessary if the audio device requires initialization.

The server toggle enables the Id to serve files, and it will then show the access code at the main menu.

The license problem comes from a problem with the user mode as the Id was shipped. If you choose one of the defaults, analog or hdmi for example the licensing will return.  Any changes you make afterward are saved when you choose the user mode. Next time booted in user mode the license will be there.

When you choose the user mode item from the main menu, it saves the current settings across a reboot.

Guys, it seems to me that a preliminary release documentation (one page would do) which at the very least contains the points mentioned by Bob and Jim a few messages earlier and contains a reference to the URL of this thread for more breaking information.  Something like:

• As currently shipped the Id is a remote renderer only, and operates on port 52199 only.  It will also play locally with a local or remote library but only in GUI mode.

• If one is using the HDMI output for audio there are 2 text mode defaults, one headless (#9)which means the Id will boot without an attached monitor.  The other (#10) initializes the HDMI device. That should only be necessary if the audio device requires initialization.

• The #5 server toggle enables the Id to serve files, and it will then show the library access code at the main menu.  The same code is used for the DLNA renderer ID.

• When you choose the #4 user mode item from the main menu, it saves the current settings across a reboot.  Use this after making changes in GUI mode that you want to have carried over to the next boot in text mode.

• Refer to the thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89498.0 for up to the minute changes and updates.

...or some variation.

--Bill

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 03:04:42 pm »

I'm glad it's working and thanks for the suggestions.  The Installation Instructions are linked in the first message of the two Id threads.  It has a link to this thread.

Those links will be on a slip included in the packages we ship now.

A link to both was sent by e-mail this morning.  We didn't send one to you since you're already online.

Your tips belong in the Installation Instructions, in my opinion, but here are my comments on what you've written:

•As currently shipped the Id is a remote renderer only, and operates on port 52199 only.  It will also play locally with a local or remote library but only in GUI mode.
The restriction to 52199 would be news to us, but we were testing it when I left work.  It does work as a DLNA Server.  
•If one is using the HDMI output for audio there are 2 text mode defaults, one headless (#9)which means the Id will boot without an attached monitor.  The other (#10) initializes the HDMI device. That should only be necessary if the audio device requires initialization.
I believe that's in the instructions.
•The #5 server toggle enables the Id to serve files, and it will then show the library access code at the main menu.  The same code is used for the DLNA renderer ID.
This isn't right: "The same code is used for the DLNA renderer ID."
•When you choose the #4 user mode item from the main menu, it saves the current settings across a reboot.  Use this after making changes in GUI mode that you want to have carried over to the next boot in text mode.
That's correct.
•Refer to the thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89498.0 for up to the minute changes and updates.
Already linked, but easy to miss.

Your "preliminary release documentation" should, in my opinion, be just a link to the Wiki.  It's confusing to have docs in multiple places.  The wiki can be changed on the fly so that things we learn are available quickly.  

Thanks for your help and for your patience in solving the problem.  I've modified the Installation Instructions.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 03:18:21 pm »

Regarding ports, Bob realized that ports below 1024 can't be set without root privileges.  So that may be what happened.  It prevented networking from starting.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »

My alternate port for MC media is 52190.  But at this moment everything is on 52199 and I'm getting the same behavior as yesterday.  In GUI mode, No rendering, but the ID# of the renderer does show up in Playing Now, and I can select it.  But when I try to play something, the artwork appears briefly in the Id's display screen (lower left) and four seconds later, the artwork for the next track plays, on and on.  No audio.  I checked the obvious audio parameters and tried a couple of variations that shouldn't make any difference...they didn't.

I issued #4 and did a reboot to GUI.  Shortly after it init'd the HDMI port, the whole system locked up with a blank screen.  I had to hard-power it off.  When it rebooted to GUI mode, it had started again with the "Trial period has expired" messages.  Second reboot, same thing.  Then I tried two text reboots (one headless and one with hdmi) and no DLNA Renderer showed up in my other MC's, but no trial period messages visible.

On the plus side, there hasn't been any segmentation fault errors during or just before reboot as there were.

Back to GUI once more, and this time it's NOT complaining about trial expiration, and the renderer ID shows up in my other MC's, but it's still not playing with the same behavior as described above.

Is there a way to reset the shipped defaults?  I'm comfortable in the Unix world if that is of any help.

--Bill

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »

Bill,
sent you a PM.

Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 10:14:04 am »

It looks like Samba isn't turned on unless the server mode is set on the Id.  Then you can use Windows networking to copy files to the Id.  I put them under Media, but they may need to be in a directory called Music under Media.  I had to import them manually.

When I tried playing from the server to my phone (using the Access Key that is displayed on the Id's text menu), they wouldn't play.  They are APE files and I think it must have been trying to convert them to MP3, or maybe because the phone doesn't support APE.

When I tried the same thing on my laptop, using the phone as the controller, they played.  I could also play them to my HTPC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 10:26:56 am »

It looks like Samba isn't turned on unless the server mode is set on the Id.  Then you can use Windows networking to copy files to the Id.  I put them under Media, but they may need to be in a directory called Music under Media.  I had to import them manually.
Samba should always be on. The server mode switch doesn't affect that. Will check the import settings. Perhaps it doesn't work with a symlink. In user mode you could set /export/media as a watchfolder.
When I tried playing from the server to my phone (using the Access Key that is displayed on the Id's text menu), they wouldn't play.  They are APE files and I think it must have been trying to convert them to MP3, or maybe because the phone doesn't support APE.
Yes, it's probably missing lame for conversion. Will catch that in an update.
When I tried the same thing on my laptop, using the phone as the controller, they played.  I could also play them to my HTPC.
Probably because they aren't being converted in that case.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:22 am »

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 12:24:45 pm »

Maybe this is a little early for bugs in the GUI area of Id, but I had been running the GUI version for a couple of days, and this morning found this on the screen.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
Id Suggestions
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 02:12:34 pm »

On the Options menu regardless of where it appears, make the #6 Check for Updates, actually check for updates!  If there are no updates DON'T reboot!

Allow renaming of the renderer.  It can be a bit confusing recalling MAC addresses if multiple renderers are in use throughout the house.

When Id or another renderer reboots (regardless of reason) and it is currently being fed by a server, have the initiating end recognize when it's back, reconnect and continue the play where the server is presently.  Especially in the case of linked DLNA zones, the only way to get that missing renderer back up and playing currently is to manually stop and start the Server play list in progress.

I imagine these are already in the consideration list, just saying...

--Bill

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 05:41:03 pm »

Another question or two now that i have ordered mine and it will be on its way soon:

Does buying an Id automatically grant us a licence to the Linux version of MC too?

If so, may I clone the drive and put it the clone in my existing NUC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »

Maybe this is a little early for bugs in the GUI area of Id, but I had been running the GUI version for a couple of days, and this morning found this on the screen.
I'm not sure that's related to the GUI but it's possible.

There is one Intel Bios update available for the NUC you have. It's on rev 34 now.

Two fixes might affect the Id.  There was something changed in the USB2/3 firmware and the Wireless (which of course only affects people using that).

bob

• Administrator
Re: Id Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 05:54:14 pm »

On the Options menu regardless of where it appears, make the #6 Check for Updates, actually check for updates!  If there are no updates DON'T reboot!
Yes, this will be done.
Allow renaming of the renderer.  It can be a bit confusing recalling MAC addresses if multiple renderers are in use throughout the house.
It can be renamed in client MC's. The presentation page might be changed to do that as well.
When Id or another renderer reboots (regardless of reason) and it is currently being fed by a server, have the initiating end recognize when it's back, reconnect and continue the play where the server is presently.  Especially in the case of linked DLNA zones, the only way to get that missing renderer back up and playing currently is to manually stop and start the Server play list in progress.

I imagine these are already in the consideration list, just saying...

--Bill
This is probably somewhat more difficult, perhaps Matt has a comment?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 07:13:18 am »

Another question or two now that i have ordered mine and it will be on its way soon:

Does buying an Id automatically grant us a licence to the Linux version of MC too?

If so, may I clone the drive and put it the clone in my existing NUC?
Thanks for your order.  You have mail at your forum account.

We don't have the ability to make Id's remotely and we have our hands full right now.  Maybe in the future we'll find a way.

In the meantime, you can use the Id with any compatible DLNA Server, including MC.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 05:17:41 pm »

I'm not sure that's related to the GUI but it's possible.

There is one Intel Bios update available for the NUC you have. It's on rev 34 now.

Two fixes might affect the Id.  There was something changed in the USB2/3 firmware and the Wireless (which of course only affects people using that).

Ok, I've updated the BIOS to rev 34.

Then I got stuck behind the Trial version dialog each time I tried to boot to GUI.  That seemed pretty consistent, until I booted into HDMI mode, and then into GUI.  No more trial version dialog.  I don't know if that sequence will always clear it, but going into headless mode and then to GUI mode didn't change anything.

One other peculiarity of note.  The first boot after the BIOS update I just let it come up in what was my previous default, headless mode.  The system came up and was running, but there was no display at all.  So assuming the Options menu was actually 'there', I blind-entered a reboot command into the headless mode (my default then).  On that boot everything worked normally.  Maybe the newer video drivers are also needed in the next build?  Probably only an issue (if it is) for early adopters.

--Bill

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »

The 139 software update for Id seems to be working fine here.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »

I got the Id the other day and now pretty much got it working without too much problem with my DAC, everything syncs up with libraries, control from the GUI or my android phone, all fine but the audio from the MC server is always MP3 ( files are all PCM and DSD ) , no matter what I change in the server DNLA settings, or at the Id,  I get MP3 and then converted to 44.1 in the Id for playback via USB to the DAC. and ideas for me to check?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 02:22:54 pm »

I got the Id the other day and now pretty much got it working without too much problem with my DAC, everything syncs up with libraries, control from the GUI or my android phone, all fine but the audio from the MC server is always MP3 ( files are all PCM and DSD ) , no matter what I change in the server DNLA settings, or at the Id,  I get MP3 and then converted to 44.1 in the Id for playback via USB to the DAC. and ideas for me to check?
When connecting from MC to MC, the conversion options are specified on the CLIENT MC under Options->Media Network->Client Options.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:35 pm »

The 139 software update for Id seems to be working fine here.

I guess I spoke too soon.

I had Id 139 running all night in GUI mode with no issues.  In order to do some testing on the originating MC, I unlinked Id from the local player.  Id kept playing from the playlist it had in memory, so I pressed the stop button on Id to stop.  I left the room for an hour or so, and when I came back it had crashed.  Here's a snap of the screen.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 04:00:51 pm »

finally got it playing off the server correctly,  had it all going fine, did a restart after moving things around, now is asking for a license key,  I got one for extended trial again, put the code in, said Ok, then nothing happened on the GUI, restarted it and now its stuck on trail expired and no way out

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 04:21:02 pm »

Reset the mode.  Try GUI, then text.  Someone else reported the same problem (maybe in this thread).

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »

just tried it 3 times, to HDMI and back but no go.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »

When connecting from MC to MC, the conversion options are specified on the CLIENT MC under Options->Media Network->Client Options.
I asked Bob to expand on this.  Here's what he said:

When MC is pushing to any other MC, the receiving MC appears as a DLNA Renderer. Conversion, in this case, is controlled by the DLNA server settings on the "pusher".  This is under "Add or Configure DLNA Servers".*

When MC on the Id is pulling from another MC (using the Id in GUI mode, and connecting to another MC's library server), the conversion is set in the Id's Media Network Client Settings.*

* Both of these are in the Media Network section of MC's options.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2014, 04:38:35 pm »

thanks for the explanation, once I got the MC at the server set right it was no longer converting, I did not know where to find the correct settings at the server side.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »

Reset the mode.  Try GUI, then text.  Someone else reported the same problem (maybe in this thread).

Yeah, that was me.  It's pretty much phase of the moon at that point.  Sometimes powering completely off for a while and coming up cold makes a difference, but not always.

--Bill

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »

its dead now, I gave up for now, I tried power off, rebooting many times its stuck in wanting a key, 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »

It crashed on the shutdown?
Might be a kernel issue (though I've not been able to duplicate it).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

its dead now, I gave up for now, I tried power off, rebooting many times its stuck in wanting a key,  
Try running menu option 77 (not shown), restores original settings.
Then run an update.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

thanks for the explanation, once I got the MC at the server set right it was no longer converting, I did not know where to find the correct settings at the server side.
If you have other DLNA devices that require conversion you can create multiple servers and right-click on the zone then "associate with DLNA server" to choose what groups of settings that will be used with which renderers.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »

what I mean is it gets no further than asking for the key, I tired to do an update, no change.  so all boots up but the MC app does not start as its asking to pay for it or supply a key.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 06:06:21 pm »

later on I can try to select the 77 and update, but for now I had to reconfigure everything and its out of the system so I can play music.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2014, 06:42:32 pm »

No update today. Unrelated focus issues.

BrianZ

• Recent member
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2014, 09:43:51 am »

I did the 77 reload, and reset all parameters and now have it back working, headless mode and playing again with control from my android phone, so back to where I left off.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

No update today. Unrelated focus issues.

A couple more buglets from the last Id update.

1. In the GUI mode if you click on the Audio button (right side in group of three buttons), then Playback Options, then Audio Device->Device Options, MC will disappear.  No messages or anything.  The watchdog is no longer working, so the only way back is to reboot.  In the scrolling text one of the first things you see is a reference to a segmentation fault.

2. Please bring back shell access from the desktop in GUI mode.

-----------------

3. Not from the last update, but in general, there's a sync up problem when DLNA Id is linked to an ongoing play list.  It doesn't start playing most of the time, and if/when it does it isn't synced with the playlist.  I've waited for a new song to see if that wakes it up, but it doesn't.  The only thing that gets everything going correctly is on the DLNA server, stop the playing in progress and start it again.

4. Also, on the library server, the id-<macaddr> appears and disappears predictably when Id is up or down.  But a reference to it from another MC (There: id-<macaddr> doesn't follow.  It always stays showing once it has appeared there.  As a result, the library server will sometimes display a dialog window complaining about a directive from the remote MC that it can't communicate with id-<macaddr>.  In that state it will not recover until an operator hits OK on the server.

--Bill

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2014, 04:30:39 pm »

There is an update available, MediaCenter updated to 19.0.141.
This fixes several of the issues listed (based off of a timer problem) and adds a call to keep the screen alive.
The HDMI screen switch is enabled also.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2014, 05:10:13 pm »

There is an update available, MediaCenter updated to 19.0.141.
This fixes several of the issues listed (based off of a timer problem) and adds a call to keep the screen alive.
The HDMI screen switch is enabled also.
It worked fine for me.

What is the "HDMI screen switch"?  The initialization?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2014, 08:14:21 pm »

It worked fine for me.

What is the "HDMI screen switch"?  The initialization?
4. NEW: Screensaver control enabled (turn on hdmi screen option under Audio).

It appears that when a track starts playing the screen time is reset independently though it's possible that long tracks could outlast the timer in which case if you are using HDMI you might want to try the switch mentioned above.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

Prior to updating to 141, I had been running Id in GUI mode with software 139 for a couple of days, full screen.  While it was still rendering, I was not able to bring it out of full screen or close it.  The commands simply did not function.  I brought the options menu to the top and it ignored the first few attempts to reboot, but finally did with option 2 (headless text).  But it came back up in GUI mode that time.  Next attempt took it to Headless Text, from which I successfully (?) installed the update.

Rebooting to GUI mode I was presented with "The trial period has expired." message.  Subsequently rebooting to Headless Text or Text with HDMI both completed, but the software must have still thought it was in trial mode because no renderer ID number showed up on any MC, in any mode.  I waited for ten minutes each time.

I can ping its network address no problem.

What to do next?

--Bill
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up