INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message Displayed When MC Try To Detect My iPod Nano (6th Gen) As Device  (Read 1789 times)

icatropos

• Recent member

Every time I connect my IPod nano and execute J River, below error message is shown.

Where can I turn off that message?

icatropos

• Recent member
Re: Can you help me?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:57:47 pm »

It's same. After connecting my Ipod, message was shown.

Actually, I asked same question one year ago. Do I have to wait one year more?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »

Your subject line was terrible this time.  I almost NEVER read threads like this one (even to open them up).

You might not have to wait so long if you tried a little harder and provided more detail.  What Nano do you have?  What version of MC are you running? What have you tried?  Are you trying to use the Nano with MC, or do you just want it ignored?

Also, bumping the thread patiently a time or three never hurts. I do it with mine!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:49:39 pm »

To be clear, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, and I hope it didn't come across that way (or the rest of this).  I'm trying to help you get help for next time.  I'm honestly not as likely to even open or look at a thread with a generic title like "Can you help me? (sadface)".  All threads asking questions could have that title.  JRiver isn't paying me, or MrC, or 6233638, or jmone, or any of the other umpteen-zillion super helpful folks here to read your threads and offer advice and help.  I have limited time.  Stuff here falls off the front page quickly, sometimes in as little as 6-8 hours.  I have to triage my time I can afford to "waste playing" on Interact, so I open the threads that have subject lines where I think I might be able to help, have something to add, or am curious about.

Everything else stays unread, and does for most of the other non-employee folks here I'd bet you $20.  There are some employee folks, but they are also the actual developers (other than Jim cause it isn't written in fortran on punch cards, ha ha Jim), and they've got... You know, coding to do.  So, sometimes (especially on, you know, the biggest summer holiday weekend in the United States), it takes a few days, and a few gentle bumps, to get a response.

To get a good response, the subject line is the single most important piece of your post.  And, by the way, the same applies to the emails you send to everyone who isn't a relative or close friend obligated otherwise to not leave your email unopened.  It is the advertizement for your question.  The headline.  I also wouldn't read (or be as likely to read, outside of other factors) a magazine article titled "about something vague", or buy a breakfast cereal labeled "breakfast!" with a photo of a a spoon on the box.  You only get a fraction of a second of my attention, so it had better not be wasting my time.

The people who get help are the people who try to help themselves.  Not just here.  That's life.

Okay... That all said.  Did you try setting MC to ignore the device?

1. Open MC.
2. Plug in the Nano.
3. Open Drives & Devices in the Tree, and find whatever MC is detecting as your Nano (maybe called Nano, maybe called something generic, but hopefully it is in there).
4. Right click and choose Remove & Ignore Device.

You can do the same from within Tools > Options > Handheld > Device Management.  You could also try re-detecting all devices with it plugged in if it doesn't show up there.  If it does detect it, but Ignoring it doesn't work, you could try doing an Info Dump on the device and providing that detail.

If it doesn't detect it at all, does Windows Explorer?  Does it work with iTunes?  Is iTunes even installed (which includes some drivers)?  Maybe try uninstalling iTunes entirely and then trying it?  The iTunes Handheld Device "management" system gets borked up and blocks access (even from itself) to iDevices all the time.  I've had to completely remove and reinstall iTunes just to get it to not hard-lock itself with various iDevices multiple times.

icatropos

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:47:06 am »

Yes, I understand. Last time I questioned about this, no one even replied.
Thanks to you for paying attention about this problem, and I want to apology my attitude. I was insincere.

It's happening whenever I plug in nano before or after run MC.
It's nano 6th. and Software version is 1.2 for 3 years.
Itunes or windows explorer recognize nano very well.
I presumed string 'DCYDN00PDDW7' in the message box is nano's serial number.
I have no idea about the meaning of '', 1452, 4710. and I remember it's never been changed.
I already tried not only remove & ignore device, but also add device or redetect all devices.

All I want is not seeing that annoying message box again.
Can somebody tell me where can I find the option about automatic detection device?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Error Message Displayed When I Connect My iPod Nano (6th Gen)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:19 am »

Can you do the Info Dump on the device and post the results here?   In MC, under Drives & Devices in the Tree, then right-click on the iPod in the list and choose Info Dump.  Then come and paste it here.

Also, just to make sure, what version of MC do you have installed?

icatropos

• Recent member
Re: Error Message Displayed When I Connect My iPod Nano (6th Gen)
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:57:54 am »

I can't drag message box. So I captured it.

And my versions have always been the newest MC 19 or MC 18.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Bump.

It is very weird that the Info Dump contains almost no information, and apparent drawing errors.  Something is weird.

Pages: [1]   Go Up