INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 19.0.158 -- Available Here  (Read 7437 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 19.0.158 -- Available Here
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:16:53 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190158.exe

19.0.158 (7/28/2014)

1. Fixed: Category browsing was not working properly.

19.0.157 (7/25/2014)

1. Fixed: Sorting of number fields respects the global setting for sorting empty values last.
2. Fixed: In rare cases going into a level in a library view could result in the wrong display text.
3. Fixed: When more recordings were scheduled than the number of available tuners, scheduled television recordings could be handled incorrectly, resulting in numerous short recordings of different television programs.
4. Fixed: "Live TV" button on remote control did not work correctly (always displayed error message "The TV channel 0 was not found").
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).

19.0.156 (7/23/2014)

1. NEW: Video only television channel (such as security camera) can be played in time-shifting mode.
2. NEW: Replacing slashes in expressions is optional in Rename, Move, & Copy Files.
3. Fixed: Cross-fades could play incorrectly between varying sample rates.
4. Fixed: After removing a file from the library of a smartlist, it could switch to showing the entire library.
5. Fixed: Seeking did not work for jtv recordings of audio only television programs.

19.0.155 (7/21/2014)

1. NEW: Added 1x DSD output encoding using ASIO.
2. Fixed: Converting a DSD file to a normal PCM file could fail.
3. Fixed: There could be problems switching sample rates.
4. Changed: Improved the resilience of MPO image parsing.
5. Fixed: An empty date (or empty other field) could sort in an indeterminate manner.

19.0.154 (7/18/2014)

1. Fixed: MC would not correctly parse some DVD's with an unusual authoring scheme.  The result was that we did audio analysis on the wrong title (like one of the very short menu titles).
2. Fixed: When editing an existing OpenCable television channel, the existing channel number was not automatically filled in.
3. Fixed: When creating a new STB channel, or editing an existing STB channel, MC did not offer IR device and port selection boxes.
4. Fixed: Field names with a dash in them cause problems when selecting them in a Smartlist for the sort criteria.
5. Fixed: Some expressions would evaluate incorrectly in the last build.
6. Changed: Increased Netflix API timeout length to 10 minutes as some API calls take longer than they should.
7. Fixed: When editing or creating a DVB television channel, "Is DVB2" checkbox was not offered.

19.0.153 (7/16/2014)

1. Fixed: Removing a zone didn't stop playback in the zone.
2. Fixed: Preview mode was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Expressions could be stale in certain cases.
4. Changed: MC handles system power events slightly differently.
5. Changed: DLNA will send subtitle resources with the option checked even if DLNAExtra is disabled.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Playback/UpdatePlayStats to update the play stats for a file.
8. Fixed: The player could inherit the sample rate of the last file for the next file.

19.0.152 (7/14/2014)

1. Changed: When playing with real-time DSD output, a sample rate change of the input won't reset the output DAC.
2. Changed: DLNA sample time when not controlling a zone backed off to 2 seconds.
3. NEW: DLNA will play to stream only devices (i.e. Raumfeld Speakers).
4. NEW: DLNA subscribing to Rendering Control events structure added.
5. Changed: DLNA device alive call using GetTransportSettings (which is required by the spec).
6. Fixed: Double-click on the lamp shade for party mode password circumvention wasn't working.  Note that Control and Shift must be held during the double-click.

19.0.151 (7/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info was getting a low resolution image from Rotten Tomatoes.
2. Faster: Browser components cache their expression so using a big expression in a pane is faster.
3. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars and possibly other resources would not shrink properly when drawing.
4. NEW: Audio-only television channels (DVB) can now be played in time-shifting mode.
5. Fixed: Format conversion could fail.

19.0.150 (7/9/2014)

1. Fixed: When scheduling television recordings in Theater View, default recording settings "Cleanup mode" and "Auto Tagging" were not applied.
2. Changed: Added ability to edit "Cleanup Mode" when scheduling television recordings in Theater View.
3. Changed: Added 'Date Recorded' as a sorting preset for Category views.
4. Fixed: Really big expressions (many paragraphs) could cause a crash.
5. Changed: JRiver servers respond with a X-JRiver-Access-Key field stating the access key (so devices could auto-connect).
6. Fixed: Content that was 352,800 Hz would not play properly in the "No change" sample rate mode.
7. NEW: Added '4xDSD in native format' to the real-time DSD encoding choices.

19.0.149 (7/2/2014)

1. Fixed: After deleting files from a Smartlist, the list would not always update properly.
2. NEW: Added a "Save settings as defaults" button on television recording wizard, to save certain settings, including auto tagging, to be applied in subsequent recordings when they are scheduled.
3. Fixed: The previous build (148) was not showing files on handheld devices.
4. Fixed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set changes didn't take effect until a dialog was shown (now changes take effect right away).
5. Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/Set takes a zone parameter.
6. Fixed: The minimize button in the player could draw stretched in Mini View mode.
7. Fixed: Send To > Gallery > Flickr was not working.

19.0.148 (6/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized radio buttons.
2. Fixed: Skinning supports over-sized search clear buttons.
3. Fixed: Some files in TS (transport stream) format would not play on LS clients.
4. Changed: The text drawing engine will allow a newline after an underscore character _, so that text that uses underscores will flow more naturally in a list.
5. Changed: Added an example to MCWS/v1/DSP/Set to show users how to use it.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
7. Changed: For Mac/Linux compatibility, the handheld plugin now uses a custom interface rather than using MC's automation interface.
8. Fixed: The visualization plugin could crash in recent builds.
9. Fixed: Changing television zooming to preset sizes ("Fit Window", "100%", "200%") using context menu options did not re-center the video.

19.0.147 (6/27/2014)

1. Changed: Skinning supports over-sized checkbox controls.
2. Fixed: The size of the thumbnail size slider would be one pixel different between the top and bottom lists.
3. NEW: Rewrote the Theater View > Shoutcast implementation using an official API key.
4. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Regis!).
5. Changed: AVerMedia HD Capture video capture device will use Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer, instead of Windows default renderer.
6. Changed: Red October Standard/HQ/Custom selection of video renderer will be used with Video capture devices with hardware compression in non-timeshifting mode (it has already been done previously for timeshifting mode).
7. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/DSP/Set function for turning a DSP on or off.

19.0.146 (6/25/2014)

1. Changed: Improved WPL exporting.
2. Changed: When all tracks from an album have multiple artists but all the tracks have the same list the first artist will be used for Album Artist (auto) instead of (Multiple Artists).
3. Fixed: Television recording option text "Keep recording after the program ends (use negative value to stop early) by:" was too long to fit in window if larger font was used.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).

19.0.145 (6/23/2014)

1. Changed: Season is enabled for audio.
2. Changed: Added support for MPGV files.
3. Changed: Tracks with multiple artists will use (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist Auto.
4. Changed: On edit television channel list window, added a "Save Channel Order" button.  Channel ordering will not automatically be saved if a user only clicks the channel header.  If the user uses Move Up/Down to change ordering, a confirmation dialog will be displayed upon leaving such mode.
5. Changed: When removing the playing file from Playing Now the next file will start playing.
6. Changed: The field "Involved People" maps to the ID3v2 tag IPLS.
7. Fixed: Seeking in Gizmo was not working in 19.0.144.

19.0.144 (6/20/2014)

1. Changed: Sample rate conversion can specify different values for 352,800 and 384,000 input sample rates.
2. Changed: MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle returns created keys as a Keys parameter.
3. Fixed: DVD Title Playback offers all audio streams, instead of only one.
4. Faster: Converting audio to 64-bit for internal processing is up to 50% faster.
5. Fixed: Parsing of some JSON formatted web results was incorrect, especially arrays of data.  Could affect results from Youtube, Facebook, TheMovieDB, Rotten Tomatoes and others.
6. Changed: Reworded "Start recording early by:" to remind users that they can use negative values to delay starting of recording a television show.
7. Changed: Merged DVBC frequency tables Switzerland.cablecom.xml and Switzerland.UPC Cablecom.xml
8. Changed: DLNA sends alive messages when it resumes from standby.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cabu8803

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 19.0.158 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »

Still same problem as 156. When playing a list of flacs when fading from a 44.1 KHz flac to a mutichannel flac 88.2kHz MC crashes.
152 is paying all good.

I noticed that in 153 it is indicated tha
"  8. Fixed: The player could inherit the sample rate of the last file for the next file...."

Maybe this fix started the problem I am experiencing.

regards

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »

Still same problem as 156. When playing a list of flacs when fading from a 44.1 KHz flac to a mutichannel flac 88.2kHz MC crashes.
152 is paying all good.

I noticed that in 153 it is indicated tha
"  8. Fixed: The player could inherit the sample rate of the last file for the next file...."

Maybe this fix started the problem I am experiencing.

Try simplifying so that only the channel count or sample rate changes.  Does that still crash?  What happens if you use DSP Studio > Output Format to convert to a single format?

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »

The following issues remain:

1 - When DSP is set to encode to DSD (1x, 2x or 4x), if changing from a PCM track to a DSD track it encodes the native DSD input to the DSD rate set in DSP Studio and causes a strong noise if using ASIO. This is happening with bitstreaming set to DSD. Stopping and playing the DSD track again makes the bitstreaming work properly.

2 - With no DSP enabled, in a playlist with a mix of PCM and DSD, when a DSD track that is followed by a PCM track ends, the last few seconds keep repeating and the next PCM track is never played. The length of the loop seems to be related to the prebuffer size.

3 - DSF files sometimes is not properly ended. The time display stop showing the track time before the end and "waiting" is displayed instead. This "wainting" usually takes longer than the remaining time that the track had when the time display disappears. This prolonged ending time is depending of the DSF file. Previous builds (possibly 149 and before) did not have this issue. Same DSF files play fine on foobar.

cabu8803

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:44 pm »

Try simplifying so that only the channel count or sample rate changes.  Does that still crash?  What happens if you use DSP Studio > Output Format to convert to a single format?

Hi Matt

I played lists that had flacs with same number of channels but different sample rates. When fading out to the next songs all plays ok.

Then when played list with flacs with the same sample rate but different channels when fading to the next song MC crashed.

regards

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:06:26 am »

having the same issues with DSD files that elderavelas reported.

When DSP is set to encode to DSD (1x, 2x or 4x), if changing from a PCM track to a DSD track it encodes the native DSD input to the DSD rate set in DSP Studio and causes a strong noise if using ASIO. This is happening with bitstreaming set to DSD. Stopping and playing the DSD track again makes the bitstreaming work properly.

I understand JRiver fixing TV tuner issues but there is still many various audio playback issues to iron out.

Henglander

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »

The following issues remain:
3 - DSF files sometimes is not properly ended. The time display stop showing the track time before the end and "waiting" is displayed instead. This "wainting" usually takes longer than the remaining time that the track had when the time display disappears. This prolonged ending time is depending of the DSF file. Previous builds (possibly 149 and before) did not have this issue. Same DSF files play fine on foobar.
Similar here the playback is cut off short. 155 works for me

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

Hi, two things I've noted that might be put in the consideration basket for repair,

1. Any time you have Manage Plug-ins open in DSP, and select for the addition of a VST, until you complete the process with a selected VST (or abort), ALL player zone streams stop playing at the end of the currently playing track.  As soon as you accept the VST or abort the process, the streams all pick up with the next queued song.

2. I have a small number of 44k 24b albums in flac.  In the Mediainfo program (and others, but that's my main one) they correctly show 24-bit in the report.  However, when playing in MC, looking at the bottom of the DSP Studio window shows Source: 44.1Khz 16bit 2 channel.  All other files show 24bit correctly.

--Bill

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 03:55:38 pm »

Anyone else having troubles with theater views.
All my selfmade views are gone. Seems there was a reset going on...
And audio is complete empty.  ? (Look at the pictures)
When this started i can't exactly say, but it is since Build 152.
Updated to 158... no change.
Could it be that this has something to to with my second library problem described here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90148.msg619542#msg619542

Switching between this two librarys to fast after playback ends up in a freeze (crash) of mc too. Not always.

Can i get my custom theater views back (library backup) without messing up my library (tags, play count, etc...)?
Any clues? Spent a lot of time to set up the views like i wanted them.....

If you look at the picture Theater View settings, you can see that there is something missing.
In theater view i can't even enter audio because there is  no view set in settings, which is definitely wrong.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »

The feature added a couple of versions ago which is supposed to play the next audio title when the title playing is deleted from the Playing Now list, no longer seems to be working correctly.  It currently goes to the track played just before the track or tracks removed.  Not what would be next.

Is this action set somewhere?  If not, could it be?  I'd just as soon it kept playing the current track until it was done as was the old behavior.

Thanks.

--Bill

john_kane

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 08:17:12 am »

JRiver upgrade installer has been crashing over the last several upgrades for me.  I don't recall first version it started, but it is still occurring in 19.0.158.

If I upgrade via JRiver "check for updates", the download proceeds, the installer starts to run, and then the windows installer crashes and bombs out.  If I try to do the full download from the website link, the installer crashes and bombs out.  However, it looks like the upgrade seems to take, since when I restart JRiver, I'm on the new version.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:37 am »

JRiver upgrade installer has been crashing over the last several upgrades for me.  I don't recall first version it started, but it is still occurring in 19.0.158.

If I upgrade via JRiver "check for updates", the download proceeds, the installer starts to run, and then the windows installer crashes and bombs out.  If I try to do the full download from the website link, the installer crashes and bombs out.  However, it looks like the upgrade seems to take, since when I restart JRiver, I'm on the new version. 
This sounds like an antivirus problem.  Please start a new thread.

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »

With this last build if i display an image in fullscreen while playing music, when i exit fullscreen view, mc crashs.

I went back to 19.0.149 and it s working fine

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 03:44:19 pm »

With this last build if i display an image in fullscreen while playing music, when i exit fullscreen view, mc crashs.

I went back to 19.0.149 and it s working fine

I can reproduce this.  Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »

Starting with 158... when a track ends and it's the last track in an album, MC skips the last 6 seconds and starts the next track of the next album.  The same track, if not the last track in the album finishes normally.

I installed 155, the problem does not exist.  Reinstalled 158, the problem is back.

This is totally reproducible for any set of tracks and albums.

Wait, it seems to be when the bit rate changes, so far from flac to mp3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up