INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo unable to access MC19 after upgrade  (Read 2355 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Gizmo unable to access MC19 after upgrade
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

So ever since I upgraded to MC19, Gizmo has had difficulty connecting to the server. Within my wifi network, I must have MC19 open and playing in order for Gizmo to operate. If I try connecting whilst idle, it will not connect.

Gizmo will not connect at all when I am outside the house. I checked the network setup in mc19 and 52199 is still there.

What should I check next? ..... I have not done anything to the router.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo unable to access MC19 after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

You may not be starting Media Server when Windows starts.  Try the setup instructions again.

A firewall can also prevent access.

For outside connections, see "Network Access" on the wiki.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:37:43 am »

OK so I enabled media server on my laptop and Gizmo connects right up every time when I am within my LAN. I still can not access the laptop server with Gizmo when I turn off my wifi. I have disabled the Firewall in Windows and I disabled the firewall on my router. port Forwarding is same as previous at 52199. what to check next?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

OK so I enabled media server on my laptop and Gizmo connects right up every time when I am within my LAN. I still can not access the laptop server with Gizmo when I turn off my wifi. I have disabled the Firewall in Windows and I disabled the firewall on my router. port Forwarding is same as previous at 52199. what to check next?

You cannot access your internal network via the internet if you are currently on the LAN unless you have a router capable of NAT loopback.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 06:34:38 am »

OK so situation is solved.

I discovered that my Internet security,  Norton was preventing incoming and certain outgoing traffic. A reinstall seems to have cured the problem.

thanks for the guidance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up