INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate tracks appeared in music library  (Read 7442 times)

Fangio

• World Citizen
Duplicate tracks appeared in music library
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:00:09 pm »

I have a problem with duplicate tracks which have suddenly appeared in approx. 250 albums. Each track has been duplicated, doubling the apparent number of tracks in each album. Restoring the library to an earlier time didn’t help, as the duplicates were just imported again. Any help sorting this would be much appreciated. MC version 20.0.33

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Duplicate tracks appeared in music library
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »

What's a sample filename of the original and the duplicate?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:05:45 pm »

Probably CUE files:
2. Fixed: CUE file parsing updated to better handle link filenames.

I had a handful of duplicates suddenly appear too, and I think that was the cause.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:22:14 pm »

What's a sample filename of the original and the duplicate?

D:\Music\Flac\Wishbone Ash\Wishbone Ash - Blue Horizon\01 - Take It Back.flac
and
D:\Music\Flac\Wishbone Ash\Wishbone Ash - Blue Horizon\01 - Take It Back.flac;1

I do have a cue file in this directory

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »

Yep, it's the CUE files.

Since the file type is not listed as CUE, I added an expression category to my maintenance view to separate them from my library for easy removal:

If(IsEqual([File Type], sacd, 1), SACD,
If(IsEqual(Right([Filename,0], 4), ;, 8), CUE File, Tracks ))

I would probably use "remove from library" and not "delete".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »

D:\Music\Flac\Wishbone Ash\Wishbone Ash - Blue Horizon\01 - Take It Back.flac
and
D:\Music\Flac\Wishbone Ash\Wishbone Ash - Blue Horizon\01 - Take It Back.flac;1

I do have a cue file in this directory

Sorry about that.  With the semi-colon is the new way.  You'll want to remove the files with the old filename from your library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »

revert back to older version jriver and put back your backup, helped me.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:34:07 am »

It's probably easier for most people to separate the CUE Files with a smartlist.

1. Create a new smartlist.
2. Click the import/export button and paste this code.

Code: [Select]
[Date Imported]=<3d -[File Type]=[sacd] [=IsEqual(Right(RemoveCharacters([Filename,0], 0123456789, 2), 1), ;)]=1
This will list any of the cue files imported in the last three days, which will let you remove your "duplicates" from the library.

EDIT: You may now have to change this to something other than "imported in the last 3 days" depending on when you updated.

Sorry about that.  With the semi-colon is the new way.  You'll want to remove the files with the old filename from your library.
While I agree that it's probably preferred to use the CUE information with new imports, for existing albums I think most people would prefer the existing tracks, which are very likely to have had modifications to their tags that are not in the newly imported CUE files.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 10:03:02 am »

Sorry about that.  With the semi-colon is the new way.  You'll want to remove the files with the old filename from your library.

If I'm going to lose all my tagging work on the old files, I wont want to do that.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:52 pm »

Totally confused (again).

Same thing happened to me. All of a sudden I have dup files (with the ;1 appended).

I don't understand what is meant by "it's the new way", when referring to the ";1". I don't have files with a ";1" in their names. Spot check indicates that this hasn't happened to all my albums.
I deleted the cue files and refreshed, but the dup library entries remain.

I've spent a lot of time on data quality in my lib, and I would really appreciate not having to go back through and remove the excess ";1" files. I'll delete/rename the cue's if need be.

Appreciate any help I can get.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 01:41:59 am »

Anything with ";1" at the end is either a playlist or an SACD.

As I understand it, support for certain types of cue file was added/fixed, so updating to the latest version means that any cue files in your auto-import directories which were previously broken/ignored, are now imported.

The easiest way to fix this is to follow the instructions in this post to create a smartlist which will display only those cue files imported in the last three days. (i.e. since the latest update)

You can then just select all of them and hit delete, using the "remove from library" option.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 01:50:43 am »

Well, nevermind.
It seems that cue files which have been removed from the library will be imported again the next time that auto-import runs.

Until this is fixed, there's no point in removing them from your library this way.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 12:31:10 pm »

I just set my import rules to ignore cue files for the time being.  I don't think MC should see these as different than the file that they point to and create a second library item for the audio (it's the same audio).  It seems they should be automatically categorized to fit somewhere else in the library.  Perhaps in the playlist section, but not the main audio section.

EDIT: This didn't work... The tracks from the cue files showed up, even though I deselected to import cue files.  I'd rather not delete the files, I think MC should deal with these, or ignore them.

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:04 am »

I have the same problems, my media library is suddenly a total mess! I have deleted all the cue files and m3u files so now I only get problems with ISO SACD files, but what to delete to get rid of those duplicates!?   :(

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 12:23:40 pm »

I have the same problems, my media library is suddenly a total mess! I have deleted all the cue files and m3u files so now I only get problems with ISO SACD files, but what to delete to get rid of those duplicates!?   :(
I think that's a separate issue, I'm not seeing duplicates for SACD ISO files.

TheColdOne

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 08:26:49 pm »

Hey Matt, is this going to fixed in a further release so it doesn't load both the cue file tracklisting and the standard flac?

I'm thinking to implement it, it should check for a cue file first, and if it finds it load all tracks that match, then any that remain in the folder can be loaded.
At least that way there won't be duplicates. At the moment it is really annoying.

Thanks

Sanlitun

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:51 pm »

I have the same issue here after the update to 20.0.41

In some cases I have duplicates where there are no cue or m3u files that I can find.

In the cases where there are cue files deleting them does not remove the duplicate tracks. Restoring the library does not help as it will just recreate the same problems.

The worst part of this is having the recent albums view ruined. Put a lot of work into that.

Are there any ideas on a procedure to clean this all up?

Thanks!

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:21 am »

your solutions are not working for me.

TomSawyer

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »

Same issues here.. Will cope until the fix :)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 06:16:47 am »

I just set my import rules to ignore cue files for the time being.  I don't think MC should see these as different than the file that they point to and create a second library item for the audio (it's the same audio).  It seems they should be automatically categorized to fit somewhere else in the library.  Perhaps in the playlist section, but not the main audio section.

EDIT: This didn't work... The tracks from the cue files showed up, even though I deselected to import cue files.  I'd rather not delete the files, I think MC should deal with these, or ignore them.

I also have this problem

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 02:13:57 am »

Bump.... Having the same issue here, saw someone else post on here about this, but can't find the solution......

Anyone else having this, or anyone has a fix to this ???

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 03:16:52 am »

Are you seeing duplicate filenames in the format of:

C:\Music\Album\Track.flac
C:\Music\Album\Track.flac;1

If that's the case, the duplicates will be CUE Files, and this smartlist should help you isolate them for removal: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93148.msg642234#msg642234

MikeO

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 06:02:16 am »

I thought This one had been cleared up are you on the latest build? It was fixed sometime back around 45 -50 build

I found where I had Split Files rather than a FLAC & CUE big file combination I saw duplicates , it seemed they were caused by the split files AND a CUE file being together. The xxx;1 as 6226238 suggests will give you the hint, I finally deleted all the suffix ; x files

The fix however labour some was to delete the CUE file where tracks had been split previously

Mike

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 06:02:37 am »

Hi,

NO, what I see is the files are listed as .....flac:1, through say 10-15 tracks for the whole CD, then it lists the whole 10-15 tracks again but the filename field is empty.
I've tried deleting them which will work, but then after a period of time once the library updates in the background they appear again.... quite frustrating.

MikeO

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 06:10:23 am »

What build are you on , that sound very reminiscent of the original problem in the early build before it was fixed , I am guessing around builds 10 - 20 ??

Mike

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 06:24:23 am »

Original Library was established in earlier versions but am now running 20.0.80

MikeO

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 07:09:29 am »

It may be that a new version didn't fix the old dups.  I know the newer version is now treat CUE properly , but I did a major manual clean up so I am not sure if the final fix sorted out old duplicates . I believe Hendrick is the "man" on this.

I have just looked at a newly imported FLAC & CUE album ( 2 files) and they show no ; 2 Suffix on the [Name] Tag. This is the new standard I think. The ;2 etc was the one before the fix.

Are your files

a Big FLAC and CUE file
OR
Individual FLAC Track files

Often individual tracks also have a series of other text files , eg Accurip, CUE, M3U , odd txt files etc as well as the track files. CUE Tools leaves these in the folder

Try this experiment

BACK UP YOUR LIBRARY FIRST

Find a duplicate album
Go To the folder where the files are Right Click Locate>On Disc External
if there is a ACCURIP , CUE TXT file along side a series of Track files , cut & paste them to somewhere that will not be autoimported
You should now have only Track files and a Folder jpg file
Run Auto Import manually Tools> Import> Run autoimport now

Does that fix it, the ;1 , ;2 tracks should disappear.

If not RESTORE YOUR BACKUP

If that works try 6233638's smartlist cure

What I did eventually was go through lots of folders on the HDD deleting CUE (and stray files) files in folders with track files , then in MC to sort by date imported , find which date related to the "[name]";1 format and deleted that import date for each album . Delete from Media Library ONLY option. To say the least I was not best pleased but it did work ,my library is now clean again.

My belief is that there should be NO [Name];x format name tags left if all is well.

I still have Filename = "F:\Music\Albums\Al Stewart\24 Carrots\Al Stewart - 24 Carrots (2007).flac;1" but these are virtual as this is a Big FLAC file pseudo files created by MC's split process, the [name] is normal text

I hope that makes sense  :D

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up