INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Actor's posters  (Read 1945 times)

mihalv

• Recent member
Actor's posters
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:05:05 am »

Is it possible to organize video files by actors and assign actor's posters as cover art for file groups?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Actor's posters
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:21 am »

I would love this my self. But it will not be easy to do today. You might be able to pull it off, but it would at the very least be very much manual work.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:58:35 am »

In theory, it could be quite simple to accomplish.  When you do Get Movie and TV Info for a film or TV show, it would look at the Actors/Directors list and also pull down their associated artwork, then it would follow the same method as it does for displaying TV series and season artwork:

<local cover art folder>
....Actors
........Brad Pitt.jpg
........George Clooney.jpg
........Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
....Directors
........George Lucas
........Steven Spielberg
........Stanley Kubrick
....Series
........American Horror Story.jpg
....Season
........American Horror Story - Season 1.jpg

and when you have a view using Actors/Directors, it would use the artwork from the cover art folder.  Just the same as when you use Series or Season fields.

?

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:42:50 am »

It should not be that difficult to add to the existing system for series art or cover art. But will it be done? That's another question. I hope so. With the relatively new ability to go from Info pane field values to linked content, this could be very nice to have.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

csimon

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:16:33 am »

Is it possible to organize video files by actors and assign actor's posters as cover art for file groups?

It's been mentioned/requested several times in the past, to be able to specify the cover art that is shown for folders. I use the term "Folder" in the general sense to mean any group item in your browsing structure that leads to another level of items and, of course, with MC's customised views, a folder can be based on any tag at all in your library,e.g. genres, actors, media type.

The most recent request of mine was in July as part of the Feature Requests thread for MC20: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90662.msg622897#msg622897 (nbr 9 on my list), with a suggestion for a simple way of implementing it.

It's not been mentioned at all by the JRiver team so we don't know if it's been taken on board or not and whether it will see the light of day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up