INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions: Restoring the IdNUC's Firmware  (Read 25258 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Instructions: Restoring the IdNUC's Firmware
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

Download the latest Media Center 20 repair image (for the 2820 Id's) here:  http://files.jriver.com/Id/idrepair13.iso
Download the latest Media Center 20 repair image (for the NUC5CPYH Id's) here:  http://files.jriver.com/Id/Id2/id2repair5.iso
Download the latest Media Center 22 repair image (for the 2820 and NUC5CPYH) here: http://files.jriver.com/Id/Id3/id3repair4.iso
Download the latest Media Center Id repair image (for the 2820 and NUC5CPYH) here: http://files.jriver.com/Id/IdX/idXrepair3.img

They are 1.1 gig downloads and will fit on a 2 gig USB stick.

Use Rufus in Windows or the equivalent in Linux or Mac to write the image to a USB stick.

For Windows Using Rufus:

Important: If you're using an older repair image with a .iso extension, change the downloaded image extension to .img (Example: Change id3repair4.iso to id3repair4.img)

1) You can download Rufus for free here: https://rufus.akeo.ie/downloads/
    The following instructions were written for version 2.3 (rufus-2.3.exe).
    Once downloaded, make sure the USB stick is plugged into your computer and run Rufus by using the .exe file.

2) With Rufus running, make sure the checkbox item: Create a bootable disk using is checked, and make sure DD Image is selected in the dropdown menu next to it. The rest of the fields should be correct by default.
3) Click the disk picture to the right of the dropdown menu to find and select the repair image you downloaded.

Important: Once you select the image, the dropdown menu will change to ISO Image. Make sure to change it back to DD Image. If you don't, it will pop-up a message that it detected an ISOhybrid image. If this happens, make sure to choose "Write in DD image mode" before clicking OK.

4) Make sure your USB stick is the selected device then hit start.
5) When finished, eject the USB stick.

Detailed firmware installation instructions:

Caution, DO NOT INTERRUPT the update process once it's started, the most common way the firmware can get scrambled is by interrupting the update process.
You may need to relicense after restoring, you WILL need to relicense if you choose not to try and preserve the existing settings.
If this is the case send an email to superid (at) jriver (dot) com with the serial number from the bottom of the Id, and we'll send you the license.

Boot the stick you created in the Id with F10 to select it as the boot

1) When hitting F10 to boot the repair stick, you scroll down to the name of your USB drive and hit enter.

Note: With slower monitors, the BIOS check may complete before anything shows up on the monitor. If you see the blue GRUB boot loader screen, you missed the boot menu. Reboot the Id and try again, but this time, try pressing F10 slowly and repeatedly (about once a second), once you see the light on the USB stick start blinking. If the USB stick does not have a light, start pressing F10 before anything shows up on the monitor. If you press F10 too quickly, you may cause the Id to freeze.

2) At that point you'll see the screen with the red cloud background and 4 options, the first choice is repair.

3) If you hit enter on repair (or wait 1 minute) the Id will boot the repair stick.

4) When finished booting it will come up to a menu with the repair options. Starting with the IdX image we've added a version string to the bottom of that menu so you can be certain you are booting the correct image, if you DON'T SEE THE VERSION STRING you are booting an older repair image!
The version of MC in the version string is currently 23.0.102. There is a version number for Engen and the Id as well. The only one you care about now is the MC version.

5) Chose option 4 : Restore the Id firmware

6) Next you should see a prompt, 'Enter the name of the drive to reinstall to.' You SHOULD see 'default = sda.' If you do, you can just hit enter without entering anything.

7) You'll see sda as the chosen drive with it's characteristics (you'll see 3 partitions). It gives a warning about updating the drive and ask to continue. You hit y and enter.

8.  The disk will be checked and then you get another prompt, "try to preserve the settings and library (y/n)"
you can hit y and enter to try to save the existing library/settings or n enter to have a fresh library and settings.

The firmware will then be restored

9) When finished, the screen will clear and you'll see hit enter to reboot

Hit enter and pull out the USB stick

10) When the Id reboots you should see the MC version string set to 23.0.102.

11) You need to put your license back in. Either boot into GUI mode or connect to the Id with vnc or remote desktop. (entering the license from text mode is currently not working).
Run option 18 from the main menu to put in your license. If you are running a repair older than the IdX version there still is licensing available in MC, you should NOT license from MC, only from the main text menu.

12) Once the Id is licensed, if it DOESN'T have a NEW access key, go into MC in either GUI mode or with vnc or remote desktop. do Tools->Options->Media Network->Access Key->Reset

13) Then  Tools->Options->Media Network->Access Key->Click for access ....
You'll get a new access key which you'll use henceforth.

Optional: If you chose to not preserve your settings, you may want to re-setup your DLNA configuration. for example:

14) In GUI mode, go to Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers

15) In Audio, Add Audiophile 24-bit DAC and select Mode: Original (if you don't want conversions).

16) Close out of Options and Tools.

curmudgeon

• Recent member
Re: Instructions for Restoring the Id's Firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:59:08 pm »

It was recommended that I restore my firmware using the the process you describe.  I encountered the following issues using the repair image:
1. after the firmware restore, the ID rebooted to the "Intel (R) NUC" window and hung.  After waiting about 5 minutes, I pulled the power to overcome the hung process. On restart, the next attempt got to "booting the kernel" (just after Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... etc.) and appeared to hang. after a twenty minute wait, I pulled the power to quit.
2. on subsequent power disconnects and restarts I occasionally would get to "Loading, Please Wait" which is the line after "booting the kernel".
3. Assuming these to be "boot issues" I ran "repair boot issues" from the repair menu and no errors were found.
4.  I also checked the file system and no errors were reported.
5. Rebooting the ID encountered the same problems described in #2 and occasionally #1.
6. If I pull the power, then pull the HDMI and USB keyboard and mouse cables, then insert those cables, then insert the HDMI cables, then restart the ID; the ID will boot to the text screen.  All of this is quite bizarre.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 02:16:57 pm »

It was recommended that I restore my firmware using the the process you describe.  I encountered the following issues using the repair image:
1. after the firmware restore, the ID rebooted to the "Intel (R) NUC" window and hung.  After waiting about 5 minutes, I pulled the power to overcome the hung process.
Try starting over and waiting longer.

curmudgeon

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:15:16 am »

Try starting over and waiting longer.

I waited for 30+ minutes without any changes on the monitor.  This is not unusual.  I get the same symptom when I reboot the ID in text mode (i.e., #98).  Also, sometimes the ID hangs for no apparent reason.  Keep in mind that I am a novice and may miss glaring clues.

Also, I still see no text screen on my HDMI monitor when running in headless mode.

curmudgeon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 07:20:54 am »

One more thing.  It is not clear if the repair image should be executed with the ID connected to the internet or not.  I see two scenarios; one where a new firmware image is downloaded as part of the repair process and another where the repair process is autonomous.   I tries both and the repair process seems to respond better if the ID is connected to the internet.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 08:55:52 am »

Also, I still see no text screen on my HDMI monitor when running in headless mode.
That's what Headless means.  No display.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:44 am »

You don't need to be connected to the internet to use the Id repair image, it's all on the stick.
You might want to check your bios revision. The Id's were all shipped with bios rev 34 since that allowed headless booting.
We are now using rev 48 since it looks like it fixes the hanging on boot issues.

Also, I would do the memory test from the Id repair image before going any further. Flakey memory will give results like you are seeing.

curmudgeon

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »

That's what Headless means.  No display.
Originally, that is what I thought.  However, since then I have been told that I should see the text mode menu over HDMI in the headless mode.  Otherwise how would someone ever get out of the headless mode?  (See my earlier posts on the subject.)  If no text mode menu is visible in the headless mode, one must assume the keyboard-mouse in headless mode is active and further assume the text mode menu is active even if it can't be seen.  In that scenario, one could type text mode numbers (e.g., #1 for GUI mode) and recover from the headless mode without any video.  That is how I do it because my HDMI monitor is blank in headless mode once the firmware has booted.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 06:28:58 pm »

Originally, that is what I thought.  However, since then I have been told that I should see the text mode menu over HDMI in the headless mode.  Otherwise how would someone ever get out of the headless mode?  (See my earlier posts on the subject.)  If no text mode menu is visible in the headless mode, one must assume the keyboard-mouse in headless mode is active and further assume the text mode menu is active even if it can't be seen.  In that scenario, one could type text mode numbers (e.g., #1 for GUI mode) and recover from the headless mode without any video.  That is how I do it because my HDMI monitor is blank in headless mode once the firmware has booted.
That's correct.
See my above message to try and address the issue.
Also, if the memory test is OK and updating the bios doesn't fix the issue you can try the boot repair option from the rescue image.

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 10:59:40 am »

Bob,

Can you be more specific on how to create the repair image. Bear in mind many of us don't work int he IT department. I really regretted the day I tried to upgrade software. I tried to create an bootable usb drive using rufus and the JriverBeta6.iso. Halfway through while creating the disc, the sytem hung, Error mcomes up and says "ISO image extraction error." What should the setting for partition scheme : Bios or UEFI computer or something else.

Oon

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 11:25:57 am »

It should be BIOS.

The process takes times, so don't stop it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 11:28:00 am »

Bob,

Can you be more specific on how to create the repair image. Bear in mind many of us don't work int he IT department. I really regretted the day I tried to upgrade software. I tried to create an bootable usb drive using rufus and the JriverBeta6.iso. Halfway through while creating the disc, the sytem hung, Error mcomes up and says "ISO image extraction error." What should the setting for partition scheme : Bios or UEFI computer or something else.

Oon

Sorry Oon, I just used the defaults in rufus 1.4.12
MBR partition scheme for bios or uefi
fat32 filesystem
I'm pretty sure the filesystem doesn't matter since it gets overridden with the iso when you pick the iso as the bootable disc to use

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 12:27:16 pm »

Oon, another possibility is that you are going through all the right steps with Rufus, but the ISO image you downloaded is corrupt. One way to test the ISO image is to check the "MD5 sum".

"MD5 sum" is basically method examine a file and create a "fingerprint" from it. Microsoft has written a free program called the "File Checksum Integrity Verifier", which you can download from here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290

Once you have downloaded the installation program from Microsoft, double-click it, and it will ask you where you want to put the extracted files. As far as I could tell, there is only one file, "fciv.exe". I just told it to put it in my Downloads folder, so it is with my downloaded ISO's.

Next, I open a Command Prompt, go to the Download folder, and run the program:

C:\Users\alglove> cd Downloads
C:\Users\alglove\Downloads> fciv idrepairbeta7.iso

The program gives you a long code with 32 characters in it. Compare it against the MD5 link bob provided with the ISO. If it matches, the ISO you downloaded is fine. If it is different, the ISO is corrupt, and you should try downloading it again.

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »

If you don't like using the Command Prompt, you can download the free "Quick Hash GUI" from http://sourceforge.net/projects/quickhash/ to check the MD5 hash of the idrepairbeta7.iso file.

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 12:58:53 pm »

Thanks Alglove couldn't have figured it out without your help. Looks like it matches the md5 text.

So what's next?

Did I miss something?

Bob can you try with the present version of rufus to create a bootable USB stick. I managed to pull this off from the log of Rufus or tell me where to find the version of rufus you are using.

Extracting: G:\live\filesystem.squashfs (796.8 MB)
  Error writing file: [0x00000002] The system cannot find the file specified.
  RETRYING...
  RETRYING...
  RETRYING...
Unable to create G:\syslinux.cfg - booting from USB will not work

Found USB 2.0 device 'SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Device' (0781:5567)
Device eliminated because it appears to contain no media
0 devices found

Oon

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »

Is cluster size 4096 okay?

Oon

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »

Well, OK, at least you know your ISO is good. :)
Cluster size of 4096 is also what I am using.

It looks like the latest version of Rufus is 2.0, which was released just a few days ago. I have not tried it yet. I am also using Rufus 1.4.12. You can find all the different versions of Rufus here, both old and new:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/downloads/

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 02:44:01 pm »

Is cluster size 4096 okay?

Oon
Don't think that makes any difference. The iso overwrites everything IIRC.
This is SOOOO much easier to do in linux!

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 08:22:29 pm »

I finally got everything done. As it turns out it Rufus don't want to write into my 2GB sandisk cruser but it was okay to write into toshiba 4GB. I can't give an answer why this happened, maybe it tried to copy the file into the disk and decompressed from there and there wasn't enough space. In any case I got it sorted and it is finally working. Now I have to figure out how to mount an external drive by USB which is the main reason I am doing this update in the first place...

Oon

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 04:53:27 pm »

June 12 2015  -  Updated the repair firmware to the latest release.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 04:58:00 pm »

March 14 2016

Id 2820 Repair version 13.
Fix duplicate UUID's when there are multiple Id's

Id NUC5 Repair version 3
Fix duplicate UUID's when there are multiple Id's
Fix the boot if there isn't a monitor connected.

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 01:47:06 pm »

My 2820 went belly up.  Is repair image 13 the latest build or should I update online once I've restored?

thanks

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 07:59:22 am »

So I restored the firmware and had the id working.   When I rebooted I had the same issue as before...the id won't boot.   The raw text talks about access to repair but needs a password.    I have no idea what the password is so I repaired again and managed to get it working but have the same issue with rebooting.

Thoughts?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 11:55:48 am »

My 2820 went belly up.  Is repair image 13 the latest build or should I update online once I've restored?

thanks
13 is the latest but the version of MC is newer than in the repair image so update online after restoring.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 12:00:42 pm »

So I restored the firmware and had the id working.   When I rebooted I had the same issue as before...the id won't boot.   The raw text talks about access to repair but needs a password.    I have no idea what the password is so I repaired again and managed to get it working but have the same issue with rebooting.

Thoughts?

Is that a bios message?
Access to repair needing a password doesn't seem like a Id message.
As far as booting goes, there is a bootfix utility on the repair image. You could try that.
Also, your bios settings may be messed up. You should have legacy booting enabled. The Id image is MBR not EFI.
In general we use the default bios settings with the exception of tweaked cooling settings and disabling the ASPM and USB awaken settings as well as on power loss should be set to off.

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 01:13:09 pm »

it is a bios message.  I tried the booting fix which works until i reboot.   but i'll take a look at the bios settings.

Cousteau

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 10:17:27 am »

Which image is better to use for Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 12:04:45 pm »

Which image is better to use for Intel NUC DE3815TYKHE?
The Id 1 image looks like a better fit to me.

Cousteau

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 02:52:49 pm »

you mean idrepair13.iso ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 03:33:59 pm »

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 07:27:14 pm »

This is not a world I usually live in, so I really need some step by step instructions on how to proceed. I downloaded Rufus in Windows on a USB stick and the image for the NUC5CPYH Id's at http://files.jriver.com/Id/Id2/id2repair5.iso on a USB drive. Plugged both into the Id, rebooted the Id, held down the F10 key, and selected the stick. I then received screen image that is attached. Basically, a C: prompt.

What to do to proceed to the next step?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 12:17:38 pm »

This is not a world I usually live in, so I really need some step by step instructions on how to proceed. I downloaded Rufus in Windows on a USB stick and the image for the NUC5CPYH Id's at http://files.jriver.com/Id/Id2/id2repair5.iso on a USB drive. Plugged both into the Id, rebooted the Id, held down the F10 key, and selected the stick. I then received screen image that is attached. Basically, a C: prompt.

What to do to proceed to the next step?
You just want to use rufus to install the repair image onto a USB stick. You shouldn't have 2 sticks.
In rufus, choose the "create bootable disk using" and then click on the box by freedos and change it to DD image.
In the image selection dialog, change the file type from DD image to All Files and navigate to where you downloaded id2repair5.iso and select that.
Choose your USB stick device (make certain it's the one you want to burn) and hit start.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2017, 12:29:58 pm »

Bob, can I use a USB external drive or does it have to be a USB stick? If the latter, how much storage capacity should I have on the stick?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:45 pm »

Bob, can I use a USB external drive or does it have to be a USB stick? If the latter, how much storage capacity should I have on the stick?
I haven't tried it but you can likely use a drive. It will be completely erased however.
If you use a stick you need at least 2 Gigs.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:20 am »

BradATIMA

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 08:48:15 am »

Got it. I think I did it correctly with your guidance and this http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-use-rufus-to-create-a-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-almost-any-os/ website.

I'd like to know if this method worked out. When I create the repair images, I do it a bit differently.

I run Rufus, and by default, most of it is already configured properly. Make sure the right device is listed at the top. You should enter a 'New volume label.' The format options should already be configured (make sure the last three checkboxes are checked). Then, next to 'Create a bootable disk using,' select DD image from the dropdown menu. Click on the drive icon next to the dropdown menu to browse for and select the repair ISO. Then click start. You should get another pop-up. At the bottom of that pop-up, check 'Write in DD Image Mode' and click ok. You'll need to click again to confirm you're destroying all the data on the USB stick, but after that it should run. Once it's done, you should be ready to go.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 05:42:35 am »

Yes, it worked. I just needed the visuals from http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-use-rufus-to-create-a-bootable-usb-drive-to-install-almost-any-os/ to help me navigate. I then attempted to follow exactly as Bob described:

You just want to use rufus to install the repair image onto a USB stick. You shouldn't have 2 sticks.
In rufus, choose the "create bootable disk using" and then click on the box by freedos and change it to DD image.
In the image selection dialog, change the file type from DD image to All Files and navigate to where you downloaded id2repair5.iso and select that.
Choose your USB stick device (make certain it's the one you want to burn) and hit start.

The Id is now restored and running, but, as of yesterday, I think the Id and JRemote are (surprisingly- I'm still new at this) working for me, there are still other bugs to be resolved. That's for a different thread...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 02:27:19 pm »

Added the MC23 Id firmware repair/restore.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 12:00:25 am »

Is a MC23 Firmware Upgrade for the Idpi availabe?
I would be very interested because Panel looks so much better with MC23.
Thank you!

BradATIMA

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 07:35:14 am »

Is a MC23 Firmware Upgrade for the Idpi availabe?
I would be very interested because Panel looks so much better with MC23.
Thank you!

For now, the firmware upgrade only works for the NUC Id. There is no way to upgrade the IdPi to 23 without getting a new mSD card, at the moment.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 11:25:22 am »

Oh, ok.
Does this mean i have to buy another one for the update?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 11:56:48 am »

We sell an update card for $20.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 01:18:18 pm »

Ok, thanks for the information.

I'll definitely going to buy the update when this topic is resolved:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113868.0.html

Question: The procedure is the same as buying a new mSD Card?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 03:25:53 pm »

It's the same microSD.

johnpy2

• Recent member
Question on updating from 19 to 24
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2018, 11:36:59 am »

I am interested in going from MC19 to 24. I bought an early NUC all those years ago and just started playing with it a couple of weeks ago. Made it to getting some output but nothing useful will happen (clearly) until I upgrade my current license for 24 to a Master.

Then I guess I do the firmware upgrade which hopefully I can do to 22 which I had a Master license for. Then I can do the upgrade to my new 24 master license from the menu.

Does that sound like a plan? Currently running 24 on 2 PCS with Media Server and looking to bring the home theatre into the fold.

Please assume this note is one big question mark. And thanks.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Question on updating from 19 to 24
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2018, 03:30:04 pm »

I am interested in going from MC19 to 24. I bought an early NUC all those years ago and just started playing with it a couple of weeks ago. Made it to getting some output but nothing useful will happen (clearly) until I upgrade my current license for 24 to a Master.

Then I guess I do the firmware upgrade which hopefully I can do to 22 which I had a Master license for. Then I can do the upgrade to my new 24 master license from the menu.

Does that sound like a plan? Currently running 24 on 2 PCS with Media Server and looking to bring the home theatre into the fold.

Please assume this note is one big question mark. And thanks.

If you've got an old Id licence, then go here:
NEW Media Center 24 Upgrade for the Id
and work through the instructions / advice.

Take particular note of Jim's advice at this post:
Reply #7
... which sounds like your situation and you'll need to sort through the details here:
https://jriver.com/Id/
if that's the case. However it looks like JRiver have withdrawn the Id NUC (via USB) option - that's how I got my 1st Id and the upgrade process worked out fine in the end.

If the USB of the Id NUC is off the table, then you might want to consider an IdPi instead. Before that, you could ask the question and see what you find.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

johnpy2

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 11:31:06 am »

astromo: Turned out the USB option was available and that worked like a champ first time around. Must be my lucky day. I scared myself by reading all of the issues in the first 100 notes....that'll teach me.

Thanks for your guidance and support. Much appreciated. Now if I can only get it to take my MC 22 license we might actually get some tunes through the dac, but that isn't your problem....

John P

BradATIMA

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 01:56:18 pm »

Now if I can only get it to take my MC 22 license we might actually get some tunes through the dac, but that isn't your problem....

Do you have a Media Center 22 Id license? You mentioned a master license before so I wanted to mention that a master license will not work with the Id. The Id requires a unique license. If you don't have a Media Center 22 Id license, refer to step 1 in the instructions in the link below.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110326.msg762788.html#msg762788

johnpy2

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 05:35:36 pm »

Do you have a Media Center 22 Id license? You mentioned a master license before so I wanted to mention that a master license will not work with the Id. The Id requires a unique license. If you don't have a Media Center 22 Id license, refer to step 1 in the instructions in the link below.

1) Thank you for the reminder (I think I read that at some point about the license, but it got lost in my poor memory.
2) I sent the email with my info per the instructions in the link in your note - I will hopefully get a response in a day or two.
3) Thank you again.

John P

johnpy2

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2018, 09:55:33 am »

So,in the process of updating this old and untouched (until the last several weeks) NUC Id, I've got the MC 22 firmware update

The menu says below the shutdown option - Id:22.0.81 MC22.0.113 Engen:1.0.69

and I received, very kindly, an MC22 license from Deanna following the update instructions and providing my info. And via the text/settings menu, the license has been rejected 12 times. I have tried lower case Ls instead of 1s (desperation there) and I'm very clear on what is an alpha O versus a digit zero.

My trial version is out of its trial period, if that makes a difference. I did enter an extend trial period code earlier this week and it was rejected, if that could have made a difference. And that's about all I can think to tell you at this point. I consider one option to be going straight to MC24 and buying the license but I can't get MC22 to start in any way shape or form since it is out of its trial period and being kind of cranky. it just pops up the little splash screen that says buy a license, enter a restore key, "other stuff" which takes me to the jriver web site on how to buy, and "cancel". If I hit cancel, it goes away for a minute and then comes back.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Also, If I'm in the wrong place at this point, please advise.

John P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up