INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchase / registration - have I done it right?  (Read 2118 times)

Jelle

• Recent member
Purchase / registration - have I done it right?
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:15 am »

Hello

I'm not sure if I have done it right. For the last 20 days I've been using the free trial version of JRiver to Mac. Today I purchased it and then received a registration-code.

This code did I enter in my JRiver MediCenter under (as I remember it) "help" and something like "enter registration code" and under Registration info it also now tells me that it is registered to me. So I think everything is fine. BUT I received an email telling me something about an Install Key? Is this something I shall use for now? I thought, I only needed to enter the registration code and then everything was fine - but do I need to anything more? Or is the install key only to use, if I need to install JR MC on another Mac?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I'm not a computer nerd  - I just love music. :)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Purchase / registration - have I done it right?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:57:08 am »

sounds like you did it correctly :)

the email you received is a temp install key, if you save the install key (it's an attachment) you can use that key i believe for 14 days on any of your pc's you own. so that you don't waste registration emails (if i recall they allow for 10 email registrations each year.)

I always keep my license key attachments, just in case one of my pc's goes down. so i can easily re register jriver if i need to within 14 days, so that it doesnt effect my total annual registrations.

Also not sure if their policy changed or not. but if you find you do use up all your registrations. you can always email them, and they will help you by "refreshing" the 10 you used up that year.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:08:38 pm »

Jelle here's some more Info straight from JRiver

http://jriver.com/purchase.html

shuang1234

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

I just registered/purchased the JRiver software for Mac that I had installed 13 days ago.

However when I received the receipt, it said "Thank you for your purchase of Media Center 20 Mac from JRiver, Inc. for $44.98."

My understanding was that I was purchasing the Master License on promotion until January 28, 2015?

How do I determine if indeed got the Master License and not only a Mac-specific license?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »

You have mail.

JGAG

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 04:31:52 am »

similar issues - installed the latest version.
on the start page it provided the option to purchase - took it, paid it said the registration key would be automatically applied.
went to my video library and JMC crashed.

reloaded and the only option was to "restore" the license - or continue to use as a trial

it would appear that due to a crash, I've lost one of my 20 annual restores...
is there a reason why the first license wasn't installed as indicated?

PS I have been sitting on the fence as I am migrating from Windows to OS X, but imagine some servers will end up being linux based - so a sensibly priced Master License persuaded me it was worth investing time (and money)

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:57:11 pm »

it would appear that due to a crash, I've lost one of my 20 annual restores...
Don't worry, if you ever run low just post here and we'll reset it for you.

is there a reason why the first license wasn't installed as indicated?
Some people have trouble using the MJR file that installs the license.  Here a common solution:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94943.msg655512#msg655512
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up