INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.68 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 12789 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.68 for Windows -- Available here
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:35:02 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200068.exe

20.0.68 (2/10/2015)

1. Fixed: Catching of YouTube links with the IE engine was not working.  Now it might play in the browser at the same time, so stop that manually if you do something else.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an option in Theater View -> Behavior to disable the Left-Edge jump to the top roller in Grid views.
4. Fixed: Transitioning from an image to a video in a playlist was not working properly.
5. Changed: On Manage Channels dialog window, a checkbox in the "Favorite" or "Hidden" column will toggle only if one clicks on or very near the checkbox, to prevent accidental toggling.
6. Fixed: The additional audio delay from the resampler changes in 20.0.67 was not being compensated properly.

20.0.67 (2/6/2015)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.13.
2. Fixed: [Playlist Remaining Time] wasn't zone specific properly.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
4. NEW: The image editor can save PNG files (just use a PNG extension on the save filename).
5. Changed: Made tagging in Theater View optional in Options > Theater View > Behavior.
6. Fixed: The previous / next buttons on a mixed list of images and videos would stall at the images.
7. NEW: Audio input selection during television setup for Set-top Box or Capture-only channels.
8. Changed: Switched the resampler to high precision mode (testing appreciated).
9. Changed: The Tag Action Window no longer shows a full page when editing a list style field but instead uses an inplace edit.

20.0.66 (2/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Doing a play on a grouped artist, etc. tile would expand the files in a fixed way instead of using the sorting of the bottom list.
2. Changed: The WDM driver is only installed on Vista and newer (was probably causing an install issue on XP).
3. Fixed: There was quite a long delay at the start of audio CD burning and the main thread could get stalled for a while.
4. Changed: The string sorter doesn't interpret a dash as a negative sign unless it's right after a space or it's the first character in the line (should fix mystery sort issues with dash delimited data).
5. Fixed: MC could not play ALAC files with very high sample rate.

20.0.65 (2/3/2015)

1. Fixed: Number sorting was broken in 20.0.64.
2. Fixed: The capture device field of a capture-only television channel was erroneously cleared after it was viewed in Manage Channels tool.
3. Fixed: The capture-only television channel could not be edited or added manually in the Manage Channels tool.
4. Fixed: When moving selected channels up or down, on the Manage Channels tool, the selected channels might not stay visible after clicking the Move up/down button, because the list refreshed scrolled to the top.
5. NEW: The TV channels list on Manage Channels tool has two additional columns - "Favorite" and "Hidden".  One can select multiple channels and use the right-click menu to mass-change these attributes.
6. Changed: The buttons "Favorite","Not Favorite", "Hide", and "Unhide" on Manage Channels tool are removed.
7. Fixed: On Manage Channels tool the channel details of Capture-only channels were not completely shown.
8. Fixed: MC incorrectly favored STB channel among a group of channels, even though the STB channel was not on top of the group.
9. Fixed: License authorization wouldn't take a license code.
10. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Matteo!).
11. Fixed: When setting up DVB-S (or DVB-C) tuners, MC displayed checkbox text "The tuner is capable of tuning to DVB-T2" instead of "DVB-S2" or "DVB-C2".
12. Fixed: MC could crash when loading DSP presets on track change while the DSP Studio window was open.
13. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
14. Fixed: Some M4A files wouldn't decode[ (we're now checking for an 'mdat' header as well as an 'ftyp' header to denote mp4).

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: A mixed playlist of images and videos will transition to the next video from the image when flicking.
2. Changed: "Antenna" and "Cable" televsion channel types are renamed "Analog Antenna" and "Analog Cable".
3. Fixed: Some explanation text on "Capture Hardware" page of the television Setup wizard could be truncated.
4. Fixed: Television recording manager accessed disk drives every minute if a user had not configured television recording yet.
5. Fixed: Possible crash when switching sample rates with convolution (only maybe fixed, so please report).
6. Fixed: YouTube video playback was not working.
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Changed: The automation call ProcessWebService(...) returns the response instead of just 0 or 1.
9. NEW: Added a new television channel type "Capture only" that can be setup using the Setup wizard.
10. Fixed: "Capture only" and "Camera" type channel setup using the television Setup wizard did not work.
11. Changed: The string sorter handles negative numbers in the special number handling code.
12. NEW: Added MCWS/v1/Files/Current to get the currently selected files.
13. Changed: DSP Studio shows a warning when a Q value greater than one is entered into a shelf filter (and switches back to 1).
14. Changed: On Television properties page, the Devices list is moved to Advanced section, and a new Tuner Profiles list is added in its place.
15. NEW: The text visualization component uses expressions instead of only simple defines.
16. Fixed: The search suggestion box no longer hides when hitting enter to evaluate the search now (remember that Shift+Enter selects the first suggestion).
17. Fixed: When reconfiguring/editing an existing television tuner profile, the guide provider info was not filled in correctly in the wizard.

20.0.63 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: Switched [Playlist Time Remaining] to [Playlist Remaining Time] for the playing display area.
2. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
3. Changed: Added a "Reconfigure" button on television Setup wizard.  Also added more instruction text.
4. Fixed: In the new Television Setup wizard, de-selecting a tuner from a particular profile did not take effect.
5. Fixed: Floppy drives were seeking continuously.

20.0.62 (1/23/2015)

1. NEW: In the player display, you can use [Playlist Time Remaining] to show the remaining time of the entire playlist.
2. Changed: [Number Plays] is incremented for videos more consistently (at 90% or within 5 minutes of the end, but never before 50%).
3. NEW: Added 'Clear Played From Playing Now' to the right-click in Playing Now.
4. Fixed: The spectrum analyzer area would keep redrawing even once playback had stopped.
5. NEW: A television setup wizard to help users set up televsion more smoothly.
6. Changed: Rearranged some items on Options > Television.
7. Changed: TheMovieDB lookup supports titles in the format "[Name] ([Year])".
8. Changed: Pressing Enter on a field in Theater View File Info will expand it when its cut-off, independent of it containing newlines.
9. Changed: Pressing Enter on an expanded Theater View File Info field will search for files that match this field.
10. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
11. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.61 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: In registration info dialog, license was sometimes displayed as a "master" type license when it was a Windows only or Mac only type license.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Both buttons on Options > Remote Control linked to the same thing.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: The JRiver WDM Driver can be turned off in General -> Features.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. Changed: MC will ignore "WM/MediaOriginalBroadcastDateTime" or "WM/OriginalReleaseTime" tags that have values of "0001-01-01T00:00:00Z" or "0" when importing wtv / dvr-ms files.
2. Changed: MC will import "WM/WMRVEncodeTime" tag into "Date Recorded" field in wtv / dvr-ms files.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun!).
4. NEW: Added a right-click 'Controls' section to Playing Now with Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous in it.
5. Changed: Switched 'Spinning up hard drive' to 'Spinning up drive' since it could have been a DVD drive, etc.
6. Changed: Switched Google account stuff from HTTP to HTTPS for syncing notes (please report any issues).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Changed: Updated Korean translation (thanks Junghwan!).
9. Changed: Audio only mode remembers features that were disabled originally so turning it off won't restore a previously disabled feature.
10. Changed: Updated Thai translation (thanks Nitinun!).

20.0.57 (1/15/2015)

1. Changed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Info returns the bitdepth.
2. Fixed: The playlist tree in Options couldn't be translated.
3. Changed: Updated all translation files from the source code (so the latest strings are included).
4. NEW: Added the Handheld option for M3U8 (relative paths) for a playlist format.
5. Changed: Audio only mode only hides (and later reshows) view schemes instead of deleting them.
6. Changed: Brought audio only mode back.
7. NEW: Support for importing location (Latitude/Longitude) from MP4 videos (ie. recorded with a smartphone).
8. Fixed: Skin effects weren't in the view menu.

20.0.56 (1/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Action Window Tag view to show the columns in the current view didn't work properly with category views (you might need to add / remove a column for it to start working).
2. Changed: Removed Audio Only mode (please make sure you turn if off before installing the new build).

20.0.55 (1/13/2015)

1. Fixed: Using [Channels] and [Sample Rate] in the player display area didn't work for videos.
2. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
3. Fixed: Skin Manager was an available toolbar button even though the skin manager has been retired.
4. NEW: MC will import many tags in wtv / dvr-ms (Microsoft Windows Media Center TV recordings) files.
5. Changed: Television has been moved to the root of the tree.
6. NEW: Added an option 'Audio Only Mode' in the View menu.
7. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work in some locations in recent builds.
8. Fixed: Changing country selection in television options did not take effect in recent builds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Castius

Re: Media Center 20.0.68 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »

NEW: Added an option in Theater View -> Behavior to disable the Left-Edge jump to the top roller in Grid views.
Does not appear to be working.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

Did you try restarting MC?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:21:14 pm »

NEW: Added an option in Theater View -> Behavior to disable the Left-Edge jump to the top roller in Grid views.
Does not appear to be working.

Works just fine here. Note that on the top-most line it'll still go to the roller, same as the "Up" key, since it is technically the next line above it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »

Is someone currently working on improving the WDM driver so that it does not produce crackling sounds (irregardless of buffer/other settings)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 06:34:32 pm »

Please take another look at the instructions.  There are several buffers.

Fabith

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 06:38:00 pm »

8. Changed: Switched the resampler to high precision mode (testing appreciated).

Working great!  :)

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »

Please take another look at the instructions.  There are several buffers.

I've tried all combinations of buffer settings for both bufffers.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »

I've tried all combinations of buffer settings for both bufffers.

Make sure you try Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »

On Audio, until built 63, for all views except 3D Albums, pressing the play button while nothing was selected would make the player start playing the entire music library.  Now this only works for Artist, Files and Panes views. I like to play my entire library with shuffle automatic enabled starting from any view. This is no longer possible.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 08:01:35 pm »

3. NEW: Added an option in Theater View -> Behavior to disable the Left-Edge jump to the top roller in Grid views.
Thank you !

Castius

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:40:27 pm »

Yes it is working now! Not sure why it wasn't working before.
I'll test when i update my other comp to see if i can reproduce it.

Thanks again.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 10:58:44 pm »

Didn't work for me in the EPG.  Behavior has not changed.  Re-started MC (2x) for good measure.

gappie

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 03:47:24 am »

hi :) , I have a weird bug, I don't understand.

I have the WDM driver disabled (for if that is important), now when I play audio with MC everything is fine. when I play a video, and I stop the video, I can not use any other program that uses sound like ie, foobar, reaper. also not when I close mc totally, or restart etc... and now the most puzzling part: I have to play a audio file in MC and then everything is back to normal.  ? took me a while to find it but now I can reproduce this at will. :)

4. Fixed: Transitioning from an image to a video in a playlist was not working properly.
im so happy its possible again to play mixed playlists, and I hope that at one point selecting a mixed view (for instance in thv ) will send the mix to playing now ..

thanks
 :)
gab

mutato

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:46 am »

Make sure you try Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency

Like I said, I've tried all possible combinations of settings.

A month ago one of your moderators (see below) did mention you were working on improving WDM. I was just wondering if this is still the case?

WDM isn't going to improve over night I'm afraid. Audio Drivers are extremely complex, and driver programming is a new field for us, so its a very slow process, but we're working on it...slowly.

Castius

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 05:15:59 am »

wrap left option is working at home as well.
But it' important to note. That it will still go up if it hits the first in the grid.
So if you're testing it it can still feel like it's not working.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:20 am »

For the last two or tree versions Server is not started again when JR is restarted after an update and I can not start Server manually. I have to reboot the PC to get the server running. ( I have 'Run on Windows startup: Media server'). After the reboot I can again stop and start Server. I have 'Audio Only Mode' enabled and the WDM driver disabled + I use one instance of DLNA with the DSP (peq and convolution) - if that should matter

EDIT: this is running on Win 7 64. I have not used Win server 2012R2 mentioned in my signature for a while
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:14:06 am »

On Audio, until built 63, for all views except 3D Albums, pressing the play button while nothing was selected would make the player start playing the entire music library.  Now this only works for Artist, Files and Panes views. I like to play my entire library with shuffle automatic enabled starting from any view. This is no longer possible.

Sorry.  Unintended consequence from another change.

Next build:
Fixed: Starting playback with the play button from a grouped list control with nothing selected wasn't working.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 09:41:35 am »

Was there a change in how Lists are displayed in the Tag Editor?

Now when I click Country (for Example) - the field seems to "grow" in height to accommodate the entire list of possible countries that appear jammed into a "new" space in the tag editor. I noticed the same with Keyword and so on.

?

VP

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 10:34:26 am »

20.0.67 (2/6/2015)

Does this change affect also DSD output conversion (and DSD to PCM BTW)?
Is there any thread covering this topic?

Many thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 10:36:15 am »

Does this change affect also DSD output conversion (and DSD to PCM BTW)?
Is there any thread covering this topic?

Many thanks.

It applies to all resampling in the program, including the resampling done during DSD to PCM conversion.

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 02:57:23 pm »

20.0.67 (2/6/2015)
[...]

I have serious audio stutter in 48khz videos when downsampling to 44,1kHz since the update. Am I the only one?
If that matters, I'v tested with Videomode Red October normal and HQ and both activated and deactivated hardwareacceleration for videodecoding. VideoClock is off, for some reason that always led to weird stuttering.
Audiofiles are not affected, tested with 48kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz with 2 and 6 channel music with 16 and 24 Bit.
I'm using a quite high performance pc* with a decent audio interface** and hadn't had any problems beforehand.

Win 8.1 x64
Asus Z97-WS
i7 4790k
MSI GTX 970

**RME Madiface XT via USB3

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 03:01:26 pm »

I have serious audio stutter in 48khz videos when downsampling to 44,1kHz since the update. Am I the only one?
If that matters, I'v tested with Videomode Red October normal and HQ and both activated and deactivated hardwareacceleration for videodecoding. VideoClock is off, for some reason that always led to weird stuttering.
Audiofiles are not affected, tested with 48kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz with 2 and 6 channel music with 16 and 24 Bit.
I'm using a quite high performance pc* with a decent audio interface** and hadn't had any problems beforehand.

I don't know what that is but the next build reverts the high precision change for video playback:
Changed: Made SRC only use the high precision mode for audio playback (because it was causing timing issues for video playback).

So hopefully it'll all be sorted once you get that build.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 03:19:25 pm »

I don't know what that is but the next build reverts the high precision change for video playback:
Changed: Made SRC only use the high precision mode for audio playback (because it was causing timing issues for video playback).
Was it causing timing issues, or just running slow on older machines? I seem to remember that being an issue with ReClock and the various resampler options it offered.
EDIT: OK, I see what you meant. I had to revert to 20.0.66 - I guess it's related to VideoClock?

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »

Did something get changed with convolution?  As of this build, any zone which has convolution enabled sounds all muffled and at least 30db lower in level.

All I did was update MC automatically, and reboot.   Up to this time, convolution has been working perfectly (months and months).

--Bill

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »

Next build:
Fixed: Starting playback with the play button from a grouped list control with nothing selected wasn't working.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up