INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can you do with JRiver Media Center? - Take a Look!  (Read 3475 times)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
What can you do with JRiver Media Center? - Take a Look!
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:49 am »

First I'd just like to say I don't work for or get paid by JRiver, this is a labour of love. :)

This is a guide that will be expanded over time as I have the inclination and time to devote to it.

JRiver doesn't endorse or support the third party applications mentioned below. (AirPlay, TuneBlade, AirFoil... but they do work very well!)

So where do you start with all the capabilities that JRiver Media Center can offer?

I'm starting today with a simple configuration that shows the basics of a home theatre setup with JRiver Media Center 20.

It requires the following to get the basics working:
1. A Media Center 20 License and a compatible computer (PC, Mac and Linux and just recently an experimental ARM build that works with the Pi and Pi2. Linux and ARM are not for the beginner!!)
2. Media files!

That's it.  That's all you need. You can of course add a Home Theatre receiver with 5.1 or 7.1 speakers and a HDMI HDTV or 4K TV. (DLNA/UPnP optional)

From that simple configuration, all that's required is an HDMI cable to your Receiver or a DLNA/UPnP compatible TV.

Below is an overview of the simple configuration, and after that, a diagram of the full JRiver Media Center capabilities.  

Don't be daunted, I'll update this thread over the next few weeks with step by step stages with increasing difficulty with some instructions for upgrading and adding devices and taking advantage of the various features and functions.

So whats the simple setup look like?

And here's an overview of what you can achieve.  Wow it does a lot doesn't it .... and that's not actually everything, just the things that most people would be interested in.

This is why I don't use XBMC/KODI, Plex or any of the other programs out there.  Don't get me wrong, they're good programs, but Media Center 20 is better.

More details and instructions to follow over the next week as I have time. :) Seeya later mate!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What can you do with JRiver Media Center? - Take a Look!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:06:28 am »

Great post!  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up